Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-05-2013, 12:34 AM #1
hiphophippo8

Can I put a hyper 2 on my kaos pump?

I have a azodin kaos pump and I just bought a dye hyper 2 regulator for it. I read online that it might not be high enough pressure for the kaos. I just wanted to know if that was true or if it would be ok on there?
hiphophippo8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-07-2013, 02:05 PM #2
hiphophippo8

come on guys 40 views and nothing somebody has to know about this.
Old 01-07-2013, 03:27 PM #3
ttimberlak443
aaaaaaaand its gone

ttimberlak443 supports Team VICIOUS
ttimberlak443 posts videos on PbNation
ttimberlak443 plays in the APPA beginner division
ttimberlak443 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
It all depends on which Kaos Pump you have. The older ones didn't have a regulator, so they had a MUCH higher operating pressure. If you have a newer one with a regulator, then it should work fine.

Based on this thread, the older ones operate somewhere between 700-900 psi. That is clearly a pressure too high for the Hyper 2. The Hyper 2 is adjustable between 50-450 psi.

According to that thread, the KP+ operates at 300 psi. That was the regulated KP at the time, so I would assume that the operating pressure of the current KP and KP+ are the same.

So it would seem that if you have a KP with a regulator it should be fine, but if you don't, then you're out of luck.
ttimberlak443 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 01:28 PM #4
hiphophippo8

Dang I have a old one I bought it with a aftermarket regulator already on it. It was when they first started coming out so I'm sure it's the old one. I have played with it before a long time ago and it seemed to shoot fine but it was a few years ago. I'm going to try it anyway and find out. Thanks for the help.