Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-01-2012, 05:22 PM #1
happy7833

happy7833 is playing at Living Legends V
happy7833 is for the Gunfight
happy7833 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Paint Prices at fields

So I play at a really nice field decent entry. 25 for air and entry. but the paint is 60 for a case of DXS usually 39.95 online. Whats the deal with this? I heard the same paint is 80 at fields.
happy7833 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-01-2012, 05:32 PM #2
TheMadMan

TheMadMan owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
TheMadMan has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
TheMadMan has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by happy7833 View Post
So I play at a really nice field decent entry. 25 for air and entry. but the paint is 60 for a case of DXS usually 39.95 online. Whats the deal with this? I heard the same paint is 80 at fields.
They gotta make money some how... at my local field they got a great deal $65 for entry, air, and a box of good paint.

DM6, Ego6, Marq6, Shocker NXT, 2x Ion, Angel A1, Impulse 09, Prostock Pump, Tippmann C3, Spyder TL-R

William Liu Photography
TheMadMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 12:03 AM #3
ElJefe13

ElJefe13 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
ElJefe13 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
ElJefe13 supports Empire
My indoor airball field I go to is $100 for a case! It's not even great paint!
I think I'm start going someplace else. It was a good deal when I didn't have a gun, cause its free entry, air, and rentals, but not so much now that I've got my own gun. I've been going there mostly for traditions sake.
Old 10-02-2012, 12:45 AM #4
Horizon

Horizon is a member of the Paintball Operators' Association
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElJefe13 View Post
My indoor airball field I go to is $100 for a case! It's not even great paint!
I think I'm start going someplace else. It was a good deal when I didn't have a gun, cause its free entry, air, and rentals, but not so much now that I've got my own gun. I've been going there mostly for traditions sake.
It sounds like they are not charging extra for rentals. That should tell you which crowd (market) they are going for.
Horizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 06:40 AM #5
Ragaroth
Bro

Ragaroth is playing at Living Legends V
Ragaroth supports Pev's Paintball
Ragaroth has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
The paint usually isn't that great seeing as they usually run it threw rental guns.
Ragaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:01 AM #6
EastCoastHitmen

EastCoastHitmen is playing at Living Legends V
EastCoastHitmen is for the Gunfight
EastCoastHitmen is attending Decay of Nations VI
At my field I get air/entry for 13$ and a case of premiums for 45$ but I've seen paintball central sell Draxxus for 80$ a case and entry/air 20$
EastCoastHitmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:07 AM #7
happy7833

happy7833 is playing at Living Legends V
happy7833 is for the Gunfight
happy7833 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMadMan View Post
They gotta make money some how... at my local field they got a great deal $65 for entry, air, and a box of good paint.

But they shouldn't pay that much. They make little money on entry but they should not have paint for twice the normal amount
happy7833 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:17 AM #8
Way2scary4u
I AM SCARY......MEOW

Way2scary4u is playing at Living Legends VI
Way2scary4u is playing at Living Legends VII
Way2scary4u supports Team VICIOUS
Way2scary4u supports Team VICIOUS
Way2scary4u supports Empire
Where I play I get a case for around $65 and entry and all day air is $20. But on Sundays(which is usually when I attend), they have a deal $55 for case, entry an air.
Way2scary4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:56 AM #9
Gyvanth
That Awkward Guy

Gyvanth has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Gyvanth has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Gyvanth has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Where I play it's usually $30 for entry and then cases start at $40ish. It's BYOP though so when money is tight I grab some cheap stuff from Walmart. The paint at my local Walmart is actually pretty good, probably because they only stock two cases at a time and I buy it so much that the stuff they put out is pretty fresh.
Gyvanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 09:53 AM #10
Soul06
The Last Thing You'll See

has been a member for 10 years
Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Soul06 supports Empire
I'm amazed that people still dont get it when it comes to paint prices. Do you all really think your little $20/$25/$30 admission fee is going to keep those fields in business? Seriously? They are there to make money. Not just give you a place to play.

Most fields that even allow BYOP tend to charge more for admission + separate renters costs. But bottomline they have overhead. They have salaries to pay, insurance to pay, rent or property taxes, costs for field maintenance, supplies, etc etc etc. And after all that the owners need to have enough left to turn a profit and make running a field worth while.

Custom Ano'd Prestige CSL w/ Dart Kit - Midnight Superblue LV1
Obnoxious, NY - High Velocity, NY - Liberty, NY - Cousins, NY - Top Gun, NJ
On Target, NJ - Accurate, NJ - Skirmish, PA - CPX Sports, IL - Paintball Explosion, IL - P&L, MA - Pev's, VA

Soul06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:50 AM #11
Ledeo

Ledeo has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul06 View Post
I'm amazed that people still dont get it when it comes to paint prices. Do you all really think your little $20/$25/$30 admission fee is going to keep those fields in business? Seriously? They are there to make money. Not just give you a place to play.

Most fields that even allow BYOP tend to charge more for admission + separate renters costs. But bottomline they have overhead. They have salaries to pay, insurance to pay, rent or property taxes, costs for field maintenance, supplies, etc etc etc. And after all that the owners need to have enough left to turn a profit and make running a field worth while.
I second what Soul said. My home field is $15 bucks entry and air. They sell by the bag 20 bucks for cheap stuff and 25 for mid grade.
Ledeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:52 AM #12
BigdavePNW

Quote:

And usually only 8 days a month to do it in.... you try running a business with that kind of overhead with only 8 days to do so a month.
BigdavePNW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 11:12 AM #13
seriouslysilly

seriouslysilly owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
seriouslysilly owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
seriouslysilly posts videos on PbNation
seriouslysilly has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul06 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigdavePNW View Post
And usually only 8 days a month to do it in.... you try running a business with that kind of overhead with only 8 days to do so a month.
Well said
seriouslysilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 11:52 AM #14
Soul06

Soul06 supports Empire
@seriouslysilly, BigdavePNW & LeDeo

Its funny some of the things I've heard said and even suggested on this very here site. Funniest is when someone (and I'm going to assume it was a kid) suggested to a new field owner that he make his field $15 entry (w/ free fills) and BYOP. Then tried to sell it by saying, "If you did that I know I'd come" as if that was his official stamp of approval

On Target, NJ - Accurate, NJ - Skirmish, PA - CPX Sports, IL - Paintball Explosion, IL - P&L, MA - Pev's, VA

Old 10-02-2012, 09:46 PM #15
papitojr

Gotta pay to play. Although some places are a bit crazy on their prices. But in the end, at least for me, it typically works out about the same. Going to a FPO place cost me $70($15 entry & $55case). A much bigger and nicer BYOP will typically cost $75, $30 entry and $45 for a case of better paint from a local shop.
papitojr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:12 PM #16
universal_dave
TIP#001

Annual Supporting Member
universal_dave is playing at Living Legends VII
universal_dave owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
universal_dave owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
universal_dave has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
universal_dave has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
universal_dave owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
I think most people start off "not getting it" about paying to keep the field open. The only way it ends up really mattering to me is comparatively (do I like field A enough more than field B to make up for the $10-20 extra it may cost me there).

Tim2Thousand4 is shady, his word doesn't mean anything. If you had a good experience with him, my opinion is that you got lucky.

GSL | CSL | SLS | SL8R | VCom | G6r | Insight | Victus | Lance #1
universal_dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:56 PM #17
byarosh201

I usually go to byop fields, pay admission and buy a case there(which we split). Then I bring my own paint from a local shop(or leftovers from another outing) that way I support the field and save some cash in the long run because I typically find myself not using all my paint at the end of the day.
byarosh201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 05:15 AM #18
Soul06

Soul06 supports Empire
Vast majority of fields in my area (or within what I look at as reasonable traveling distance; up to about 2hrs) are FPO. And there is a very visible difference between the fields that are FPO and BYOP.
The FPO fields, in most cases, have put forth the effort to create scenario fields with old military equipment and small planes. Trucks, cars, actually constructed forts and buildings. In comparison the BYOP fields typically haven't offered much more than some hyperball bunkers, water drums and wood pallets.

Now there are exceptions in some of those BYOP fields but as said before, they are charging more for entry, sometimes an extra $5 for all day air and separate fees for renters.

I fully believe in getting what you pay for though. I'll pay the paint prices if the field is quality

Old 10-03-2012, 05:50 AM #19
byarosh201

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul06

I fully believe in getting what you pay for though. I'll pay the paint prices if the field is quality
byarosh201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 06:05 AM #20
Paintball_is_LIFE

Mines pretty good 45 for air and a case and entry. Then 45,50,60 a case after that depending on what kind you get.
Old 10-03-2012, 06:25 AM #21
Soul06

Soul06 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintball_is_LIFE
Mines pretty good 45 for air and a case and entry. Then 45,50,60 a case after that depending on what kind you get.
Where do you play?