PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-03-2013, 06:32 PM #1
sakrafice
Clone GT / Angel A1 Fly

Exclamation Wtf is Dye doing about gloves

So i been in the market for gloves for some time now. And I like dye gloves as well as other brands but why are they not making new gloves? Seriously if there coming out with matching mask and rotor sets to go with your outfit whats the problem with coming out with matching gloves ?? lol. Am I missing something? do they only come out with sets every few years like they dont ware out our something? Im looking for a green/black/grey to match there atlas green. Anyone got any ideas? Thanks for reading my rant maybe the right person will see this like a dye rep and wonder the same thing.
sakrafice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-03-2013, 07:25 PM #2
Modat

Annual Supporting Member
Modat plays in the PSP
Modat plays in the APPA D4 division
Modat owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Probably because there really isn't a big market for gloves right now. Most of the high end jerseys and elbow pads have built in gloves so most people don't even buy gloves.

Economics my friend.
Modat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:22 AM #3
aresfiend
Snake player McFatass

aresfiend has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
aresfiend has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
aresfiend has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
aresfiend supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Modat View Post
Probably because there really isn't a big market for gloves right now. Most of the high end jerseys and elbow pads have built in gloves so most people don't even buy gloves.

Economics my friend.
Built in gloves? Where?

OP, the market for gloves just isn't there, but it's not because they come on jerseys and pads. The market isn't there because gloves are usually bulky and restricting along with the bit of material that goes over your hand from most pads and jerseys to keep them from sliding up, and since most tourney players play with one or the other or both they don't use them so Dye doesn't make them (although they're readily available for other companies).
aresfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:59 AM #4
bunkerking_13
SKNasty. Cole World.

bunkerking_13 supports Team VICIOUS
bunkerking_13 posts videos on PbNation
bunkerking_13 is Legendary
bunkerking_13 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by aresfiend View Post
Built in gloves? Where?

OP, the market for gloves just isn't there, but it's not because they come on jerseys and pads. The market isn't there because gloves are usually bulky and restricting along with the bit of material that goes over your hand from most pads and jerseys to keep them from sliding up, and since most tourney players play with one or the other or both they don't use them so Dye doesn't make them (although they're readily available for other companies).
He doesnt mean actual gloves. For instance the higher end raza jerseys have the option to include half gloves, sewn into the jersey itself.
bunkerking_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:02 PM #5
UglyDuckGizmo
Surfer of pavement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aresfiend View Post
Built in gloves? Where?

It has nothing to do with functionality. Up until a few years ago everyone had been wearing gloves...for decades. They just aren't in style
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling that thinks nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

"Originally posted by drunkkoala: does that make sense to you? u ****ing idiot."
UglyDuckGizmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:18 PM #6
THE Biscuit

THE Biscuit owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
THE Biscuit owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by UglyDuckGizmo View Post
It has nothing to do with functionality. Up until a few years ago everyone had been wearing gloves...for decades. They just aren't in style
this.
Old 01-04-2013, 11:35 PM #7
nerdcore
Radical!

has been a member for 10 years
nerdcore is playing at Living Legends VII
nerdcore is a top reviewer
Dye's latest arm pads have half gloves built in. Since they would prefer you wear their arm pads with the rest of your Dye gear, their logic would dictate that you wouldn't be able to wear gloves with the pads, anyway, so why even make separate gloves?

The real question then would be, why don't they make arm pads in atlas green? And the answer: most of the pads are unseen when worn, so no point in making different colors.

Another thought: your hands are a small part of your body, minimal real estate thus largely unnoticed compared to the huge advertisement space that is your torso & legs, and most coveted areas such as head and gun setup. Place the brand recognition where the people will actually look. Smart move by Dye, really.

Last edited by nerdcore : 01-04-2013 at 11:40 PM.
nerdcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 12:46 AM #8
sakrafice
Clone GT / Angel A1 Fly

maybe a smart move but if they can make money off people buying new color kits for there rotors and such they will find they will make money off of gloves as well. My problem is im not a pro, I play outside (winter) and would like new gloves to go with my new gear. Gotta worry about the little guys as well as the big, and when were talking gloves to a company like dye it shouldn't be a problem unless like was mentioned above they want you to buy there arm protection. None the less was just ranting because im sure plenty others would like some both full fingers and cut.
sakrafice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 09:27 PM #9
pbkidminion
minion

pbkidminion owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
pbkidminion owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
pbkidminion supports Team VICIOUS
pbkidminion supports Team VICIOUS
I know they did have like green digicam elbow pads a while back, I've seen them every here and there in photos.
-Hell Survivors Mercenary #77-

Sandana Owners Club
pbkidminion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:19 PM #10
KYhillbilly

KYhillbilly owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
KYhillbilly has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
One of my jerseys has what they call thumb holes. I covers you like fingerless gloves. The advantage is you sleeve doesnt slide down your arm when you slide. And nothing to lose.

But gloves are one thing you don't need to overpay for. I got some cheap JT gloves from Wal-mart and they do fine.