Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-18-2014, 06:12 PM #1
kuyamike816

Just got me an autococker pump, AT worth it? upgrades?

So heres the deal, i'm going from semi to pump. Ive played a few recball games with my friends WGP pump. I liked it and then when I played with this guys T2 I fell in love with playing pump.
I just bought myself a wgp 2k3 or 2k4 pump (not so sure yet) with check it internals, regular wgp reg and a purple delrin bolt. Also it has an upgraded CP ASA. I played with it over the weekend and I really like it, are there any upgrades i should do?
I saw a guy playing with an autococker with the ccm auto trigger kit, is that any worth it? I tried it out and its pretty neat but i mean, is it really worth the 215 bucks for the kit?
kuyamike816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-18-2014, 06:32 PM #2
DyE 5
ߪ qr

has been a member for 10 years
AT is a nice tool to have in the toolbox so to speak, but it isnt really needed. I rarely use AT, i can probably count on one hand how many times ive used it this past year lol, but its nice to have when you need it. IMO id just use it as is and when you're ready to upgrade just buy a CCM. I used a 2k2 STO with a CCM kit for 2 years before I upgraded to a 6.5. Invest in a barrel kit if you dont have one and go play.
CCM Owner
Pump Player
DyE 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 06:32 PM #3
mxmtl
MQ2 Pumper!

If you have to question it, then it's probably not worth it to you.

For your pump, there aren't any necessary upgrades in my opinion. You only change the look and feel of the pump to your personal preference.
mxmtl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 06:37 PM #4
honculada
Pump OT

Annual Supporting Member
honculada plays in the PSP
honculada plays in the APPA beginner division
A good barrel is the only upgrade you really need. If you have the money then it's worth it.

"Sometimes I wear yoga pants just to check out my own ***." ~ Me
honculada is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 06:43 PM #5
aclark364

aclark364 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
aclark364 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
aclark364 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Barrel like every one said.

Pump OT
aclark364 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 07:17 AM #6
painter4life05
cixelsyd

Annual Supporting Member
painter4life05 supports Cereal Killerz 2
painter4life05 donated to help Peyton Trent
There are to many upgrades for an autococker pump, best thing to do it play with it and see what you do not like about it. Usually the only things I upgrade are barrels, reg, and ASA (I am really picky about ASAs).
painter4life05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 07:25 AM #7
Sogamember666
This is not an Exit

Sogamember666 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Sogamember666 supports Team VICIOUS
Sogamember666 supports Bob Gurnsey
Sogamember666 supports our troops
Sogamember666 is Legendary
The CCM AT kit technically isn't necessary for you to play but it cou'ld be considered an upgrade as it comes with either 3 frame choices, probably a better pump kit (if yours isn't using a CCM kit) and of course the AT.

If you did snag one you could easily take the AT on/off should you feel its a bit overkill.

I prefer to use mine when playing semi players, shooting a lane off break, or aggressive charging someone/bunkering. Its nice to have that rate of fire increase, but you can shoot pretty quick without one, but the AT makes it alot easier.

I got 9.2bps over a virtue clock last weekend.
Sogamember666 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 02:03 PM #8
David A.
Old Man 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuyamike816 View Post
So heres the deal, i'm going from semi to pump. Ive played a few recball games with my friends WGP pump. I liked it and then when I played with this guys T2 I fell in love with playing pump.
I just bought myself a wgp 2k3 or 2k4 pump (not so sure yet) with check it internals, regular wgp reg and a purple delrin bolt. Also it has an upgraded CP ASA. I played with it over the weekend and I really like it, are there any upgrades i should do?
I saw a guy playing with an autococker with the ccm auto trigger kit, is that any worth it? I tried it out and its pretty neat but i mean, is it really worth the 215 bucks for the kit?
First of all, welcome to pump play. I think you will find most of the people on this form have a similar story to yours; started with semi, played pump and within a short time pump became their predominate mode. Both my son and I have the same story as does many of our friends, some just now starting to pump.

Sounds like you have a nice rig, if it operates smoothly and is reliable, you are in good shape for basic pump play. As has been mentioned, a barrel is of paramount importants, as the Autococker design relies on the barrel bore to hold the paint, once it is cocked. With all the variations in paint size by brand and the effects of weather, having a barrel with an insert system (my preference) or multiple barrel backs is the first upgrade.

To your point, the CCM auto-trigger kit: While not necessary, it is a very nice upgrade. Not just because you get the added capability of an auto-trigger, you will also get a great quality frame in your choice of a 45 style or 86* grip, a very nice trigger action and the smoothest aftermarket pump kit.

The other question you need to ask yourself, do you want to upgrade this marker, or should you be putting this "upgrade money" in the bank and saving up for that T2, that you fell in love with?

Either way, be sure when you order a CCM item you call Mel, she is very helpful and great to deal with. You can reach her at 1-877-412-6850.

Again, welcome to the pump community and good luck!

My Markers:
Polished Black CCM T2, Dust Black CCM T2, Dust Black CCM Series 5 RF, Polished Black CCM Series 5, CCM Dust Black SS-25, Polished Black CCM Series 5, WGP Karnivor Sniper, CCM Polished Black Series 5, Black Bob Long MVP, Polished Silver Phantom VSC Under-Cocking, Dust Black Empire AXE
David A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 04:38 PM #9
kuyamike816

Thanks for the feedback guys
Ive been watching older videos and researching what autocockers were to get a feel for my gun. I love the gun so far, I know that I need a good barrel cuz of all the roll outs and stuff. I got a freak kit and different bored backs so I should be good.

My pump has the check it internals so I'm probably gonna keep it that way until I have extra money to buy a CCM kit or something.I see no difference between mines and the CCM's unless someone tells me the facts about it.

I'm gonna change the trigger frame cuz i want the 1 finger trigger type of thing. Can i just slap on the CCM 45 or 86 frame? or do i gotta do modifications?
kuyamike816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 06:53 AM #10
honculada
Pump OT

Annual Supporting Member
honculada plays in the PSP
honculada plays in the APPA beginner division
CCM frames should bolt right in

"Sometimes I wear yoga pants just to check out my own ***." ~ Me
honculada is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 09:47 AM #11
sniper97

has been a member for 10 years
If you have a freak kit, I would get a deadlywind barrel (make sure to get the one for freak inserts). The springs make a huge difference on your pump stroke, if the pump stroke feels just as smooth as a CCM, I would not change it.

Size your paint. Welcome to the world of pump, let the journey begin!

Btw, a/t works nicely when someone tries to bunker you...you could get a CCM frame & a/t lever/cam and have your pump rod drilled.
sniper97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 07:10 AM #12
Hugo1964

The advice given here has been a great deal of help to me also, as I'm in exactly the same position as the original poster,sorry if I've hijacked your thread, but thanks to all the posters that replied
Hugo1964 is offline   Reply With Quote