Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 12-04-2001, 06:13 PM #1
diesel4mee
Rejected

diesel4mee is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
sheridan equalizer

hey im a coker guy so i dont no much about them but does any one no about them i no they were on l made for one year and have no orings and take almost all sll 86 part form tippman and its blow forward but is there any sheirdan guru that knows any wlse about them
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-05-2001, 09:03 AM #2
Finnigan

I had no idea this marker even existed!

so I punched it in to www.google.com and found a bunch of stuff! Check this out:
http://www.google.com/search?q=sheri...=Google+Search

To top it off, it seems it does NOT take Tippman SL68 parts, BUT Sheridan VM68 parts. Actually just the feeber and barrel were mentioned, but I didn't look very hard.

It's blow forward! Interesting.
Old 12-05-2001, 04:15 PM #3
diesel4mee
Rejected

diesel4mee is a Supporting Member
thanks any more info
Old 02-27-2002, 11:44 AM #4
C-Mac

They hate liquid CO2 because it screws up the internal regulator. I believe Sheridan will fix any broken ones for $35. I hear that the trigger frame has a very uncomfortable grip that is hard to replace. The trigger pull is fairly hard. That's about all I've heard about them.
Old 02-27-2002, 08:48 PM #5
Crash STP
AKA ActionBob

Crash STP is a Supporting Member
I've got one in my collection. Think 1st generation automag. Sheridan will fix it and then warrenty them for 1yr after some parts are VM-68 parts some aren't. Valve requires special tools even I don't have. Run it on HPA and you'll be fine. If you must run it on Co2 a remote is the best bet. The trigger wears in w/ use but is always long.
Old 02-28-2002, 11:42 PM #6
Punisher's Customs
Airsmith to the GODS!

Punisher's Customs is a Supporting Member
I've got two.
The grip can be changed with help from a mill and a doner grip. One of mine has a Phantom(M16) grip and the other has a 45 frame.
Both have D/F bottomlines. You'll get shootdown on CO2 above 8bps, but on HPA it'll keep up just fine. The regulator is internally the same as the RG-1. As long as you keep it lubed, it'll run forever.
I've messed with porting the reg passages and some other internal work but if you run HPA it isn't necessary.
With work you can set them up to shoot pretty dang fast. If you do, look for an early Bruiser powerfeed (or a VM powerfeed).

The stock trigger is indeed a bit of a bear, but there is hope:
1) Polish the plunger portion(part that goes into the valve block) the smoother the better.
2) Shoot the heck out of it. They break in pretty well.
3) Once the trigger is well broken in, you can substitute a softer spring and add a spacer to lighten and shorten the pull.

Neat little guns all things considered. Fairly efficient, plenty fast, with a decent aftermarket barrel just as accurate as anything out there. On top of that, with a little work you have a nearly unrecognizable gun that'll stump the local hero.......gotta love that!
"Because the Dead-Box is a lonely place."
Old 03-03-2002, 05:06 PM #7
Crash STP
AKA ActionBob

you just have to one up me don't ya - 8-))
as I don't have one in front of me - do you have to do anything to hang a power feed on or is it a swap out?
Old 03-03-2002, 05:59 PM #8
C-Mac

I will soon be the proud owner of one of these. There are four of them up on e-bay right now, just search for "Sheridan Equalizer" in both titles and descriptions. One or two of them might have an overly high reserve, but there are a couple that look like pretty good deals. I really like how these guns look. I might have to pick up another if I like how it shoots, assuming I can get mine working. How is the stock barrel? Any idea of bore size?
Old 03-03-2002, 08:50 PM #9
Punisher's Customs
Airsmith to the GODS!

Crash: Hehehehehe....yeah well.....when you eat sleep and breath paintball (it is what I do for a living) you tend to explore a lot of options.
The VM/Bruiser Powerfeed is a direct swap! Go for it!

C-Mac: Good deal. With some work, it's a good investment.
Stock barrel is ok, about .692"
Old 03-03-2002, 09:06 PM #10
Crash STP
AKA ActionBob

See how you are
just got back from Skyball! I played on the rookie team ( TIP/PPIG pump players) - finished in the top 40% of over 160 teams - not bad for using pumps and never playing together before
the novice team (Tyger's) got the sportmanship award
Hey Punisher are you caught up yet? I've got a sterling that I just can't get right and no time to do it. could use some mod's on it also. LMK rjlanstrum@bright.net
Old 03-04-2002, 01:50 AM #11
Punisher's Customs
Airsmith to the GODS!

You have mail Crash!