Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-31-2012, 04:01 PM #1
Pbdude25
Baller

Pbdude25 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Pbdude25 supports Team VICIOUS
**Empire trracer questions**

Hey guys I'm looking to get a trracer for my first pump marker, but I have some questions about it.

1) To chrono, I heard that you have to put a big *** allen key down the barrel. Is it that hard to do?

2) With most of the body being plastic, does it break off (plastic parts) easily? Also, do the picatinny rails hurt your hand when pumping?

3) Co2 or HPA? Some people say that it likes Co2 better, Some say it likes HPA better...which?

4) If anyone here has owned/shot one, how do you like it? (mini review like pros and cons would be helpful)

Thanks in advance,

Pbdude25

Last edited by Pbdude25 : 12-31-2012 at 04:15 PM.
Pbdude25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 05:29 PM #2
DuckTape Dude
Layin' down the L.A.W.

DuckTape Dude has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
DuckTape Dude has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
DuckTape Dude has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
1) Yes the allen wrench that comes with the Trracer is massive, but no it is not hard to adjust the velocity. And if your worried about scratching your barrel, you can do like I do and take off the barrel and use a regular length allen wrench when adjusting the velocity.

2) The plastic is very tough. The Trracer is a very high quality gun for such a low price. I have had mine since they came out and nothing has ever broken.

3) I prefer HPA simply because a 13ci 3000 psi tank fits perfectly on the back of the gun. Performance wise, HPA and CO2 are similar with HPA having a slight edge for the usual reasons.

4) The Trracer is the first pump gun I've owned and I have been thrilled by its performance. Pros: Low price and cost of maintenance, wide variety of barrels to choose from because it uses autococker threads, auto trigger, first strike ready, and fantastic out of the box barrel. Cons: Velocity on mine drops off quickly when using the auto trigger.

Overall, I love my Trracer. As a dedicated pump platform, I think the Trracer is the better gun over a cheap autococker pump or SL-68. I shoot a TechT iFit kit on mine and I can honestly say it is so accurate that the sight on the gun is actually useful.
Old 12-31-2012, 06:43 PM #3
Pbdude25
Baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckTape Dude View Post
1) Yes the allen wrench that comes with the Trracer is massive, but no it is not hard to adjust the velocity. And if your worried about scratching your barrel, you can do like I do and take off the barrel and use a regular length allen wrench when adjusting the velocity.

2) The plastic is very tough. The Trracer is a very high quality gun for such a low price. I have had mine since they came out and nothing has ever broken.

3) I prefer HPA simply because a 13ci 3000 psi tank fits perfectly on the back of the gun. Performance wise, HPA and CO2 are similar with HPA having a slight edge for the usual reasons.

4) The Trracer is the first pump gun I've owned and I have been thrilled by its performance. Pros: Low price and cost of maintenance, wide variety of barrels to choose from because it uses autococker threads, auto trigger, first strike ready, and fantastic out of the box barrel. Cons: Velocity on mine drops off quickly when using the auto trigger.

Overall, I love my Trracer. As a dedicated pump platform, I think the Trracer is the better gun over a cheap autococker pump or SL-68. I shoot a TechT iFit kit on mine and I can honestly say it is so accurate that the sight on the gun is actually useful.
Thanks man, that really helped me . I was planning on using a 13/3000 tank too, so how many shots do you get off a fill? (without using auto trigger) Also, I was wondering if the plastic was like really brittle or tough (my biggest question), so thanks for answering. Thanks again for answering it all, it's a lot of help to me as I was sceptacle if I would get the trracer. Defenitally going to pick one up
Old 01-02-2013, 02:35 PM #4
DuckTape Dude
Layin' down the L.A.W.

DuckTape Dude has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
DuckTape Dude has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
DuckTape Dude has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I get about 200 shots per fill on my 13 ci. I never shoot that much during a normal game, but I fill my tank up after every game just to be safe.
Old 01-02-2013, 08:04 PM #5
Pbdude25
Baller

Awesome, gonna get one soon!!!