I figured this thread would be helpful. I put together a list of techniques I wanted to share so obviously feel free to add your own or edit mine.
- Read chapters before class
- Re-write lecture notes after class
- Write concepts or things you learn in paragraph form
- Make flash cards, group up 3-5 cards, understand them, then move on to the next group of cards. I carry my notecards with me where ever I go so I can flip through them when I have the chance
- Don't just read the material but understand it
- Try to overlearn the material but don't go insane, however by the time you did all the things I listed above, its probably overlearned already
- Review notes everyday-I find this very important. Ever forget the concepts you learned at the beginning of the semester? Probably, that's why everyone hates cumulative finals. Just take about a half hour or whatever to look at your notes everyday, that way you will keep seeing them over and over and will not forget them
I have not used all these techniques yet but I plan to incorporate them this summer and next fall.
Add some stuff guys I know you have some gems to share.
Excuse the blank dot on top.