Annual Supporting Member
Matt H is a Supporting Member
Matt H is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Matt H is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1VENOM View Post
Have you done the cable swap yet?
Nah, was going to earlier but I don't have a spare unless I want to undo all the cabling I've already organized.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-12-2013, 11:15 AM #1598
F1VENOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt H View Post
Nah, was going to earlier but I don't have a spare unless I want to undo all the cabling I've already organized.
HDMI cables are so cheap you should have 30 spares. What are you, poor?
"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"
Old 01-12-2013, 11:21 AM #1599
Matt H

Annual Supporting Member
I probably have one around here somewhere. I'd rather order a new one than look.
Old 01-12-2013, 11:24 AM #1600
F1VENOM

Quote:
I probably have one around here somewhere. I'd rather order a new one than look.
Lulz.

Fresh install of Windows 7 Ultimate for free50, can't complain. Looking at XBMC, any recommendations? Cables and bluetooth keyboard on the way, i r excite.
"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"
Old 01-12-2013, 11:30 AM #1601
Matt H

Annual Supporting Member
Got my two fresh Ultimate installs yesterday. Never used XBMC. Thinking about picking up a Logitech diNovo Mini Keyboard instead of using a mouse and keyboard, since I have nowhere to put the mouse to use it and having a big keyboard sucks.
Old 01-12-2013, 11:31 AM #1602
FrolessWonder
RISE OR DIE TRYING

FrolessWonder has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
A coworker of mine uses Plex and he ****ing loves it. Loves it so much sometimes he won't shut the **** up about it.
Old 01-12-2013, 11:35 AM #1603
F1VENOM

I haven't used it either but it's nice to learn something new while over-complicating the process. I went with the Logitech K400 because it's cheap and has a touchpad.

I've been reading about Plex and integrating it with XBMC. Seems like it's a bit more than I need.

Last edited by F1VENOM : 01-12-2013 at 11:38 AM.
Old 01-12-2013, 11:43 AM #1604
Matt H

Annual Supporting Member
Oh wow super cheap. I was also looking at diNovo Edge but it's still a full size keyboard (which I'm trying to avoid).
Old 01-12-2013, 11:54 AM #1605
F1VENOM

Was going for cheap, touchpad and wireless and that diNovo looks nice but no way would I go fullsized for HTPC and holy **** expensive on the mini-keyboard.
Old 01-12-2013, 11:55 AM #1606
Supra_MKIII
Check your math.

Quote:
They're not bad.

Making an HTPC/Fileserver out of my spare comp.
What software are you going to be running?

Edit: Nevermind.

XBMC would be good for the HTPC application but I'm not sure how nice it would be as a file server.

2001 Viggen // Stage 1 Oil Injection // Stage 3 Exhaust Leak // Wet Clutch Mod
Old 01-12-2013, 12:02 PM #1607
F1VENOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supra_MKIII View Post
What software are you going to be running?

Edit: Nevermind.

XBMC would be good for the HTPC application but I'm not sure how nice it would be as a file server.
Probably just FTP it and use XBMC for the front.
Old 01-12-2013, 12:05 PM #1608
Supra_MKIII
Check your math.

Gotcha. If you run XBMC would you be running it in Windows, or running their ubuntu-based (IIRC) OS?

Old 01-12-2013, 12:07 PM #1609
F1VENOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supra_MKIII View Post
Gotcha. If you run XBMC would you be running it in Windows, or running their ubuntu-based (IIRC) OS?
Quote:
Fresh install of Windows 7 Ultimate for free50, can't complain.
Old 01-12-2013, 12:18 PM #1610
Supra_MKIII
Check your math.

hnnnnnnnnnnng

Gotcha.

I have yet to find an FTP setup I like for win7 so far. The built-in service sucks a bag of dicks.

Old 01-12-2013, 12:20 PM #1611
F1VENOM

I'll probably just roll with Filezilla in keeping with the free/open source theme. I'm not expecting it to do much other than play back videos. If I can get the FTP/Remote clients to work I'll be one happy clam.
Old 01-12-2013, 12:25 PM #1612
Supra_MKIII
Check your math.

I used Filezilla for a bit. It was okay. Didn't really have a ton of options or a particularly good interface, though. Good as a client, not so much for a server.

If you're just doing local stuff with one or two computers you should be fine, though.

Old 01-12-2013, 12:27 PM #1613
F1VENOM

I'll just share the drives for local stuff and have it as an option for being out of town, not looking to use it daily as that's what Dropbox is for.
Old 01-12-2013, 12:33 PM #1614
bhskins

too much computer talk
Old 01-12-2013, 12:41 PM #1615
Matt H

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhskins View Post
too much computer talk
Something constructive rather than about cars Pete will never own.
Old 01-12-2013, 12:49 PM #1616
Matt H

Annual Supporting Member
Had a landscaper come out yesterday, I think we're going to turf our backyard. It's a ****ing disaster.
Old 01-12-2013, 12:49 PM #1617
F1VENOM

Quote:
Had a landscaper come out yesterday, I think we're going to turf our backyard. It's a ****ing disaster.
Turf over a swimming pool?
Closed Thread