Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-30-2012, 03:41 PM #1
ZRvDZ
IMMORTAL PAINTBALL

ZRvDZ has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
ZRvDZ has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Azodin Blitz or Azodin Blitz EVO?

what is the max BPS the Blitz and EVO can handle? and what are some specs that set them apart?
Advertisement
Old 12-31-2012, 10:29 PM #2
ttimberlak443
aaaaaaaand its gone

ttimberlak443 supports Team VICIOUS
ttimberlak443 posts videos on PbNation
ttimberlak443 plays in the APPA beginner division
ttimberlak443 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Internally they are identical, it is just some external features that really set them apart.

I'm not sure what the benchmarks are for BPS for the Blitz, but I'd assume a cap of about 15-16 BPS. This number isn't very high for paintball markers in general, but I'd say it is actually pretty good for a STBB.

The main features that set the Blitz and the Blitz EVO apart are actually important upgrades. It comes stock with an On/Off ASA, which most paintball players love to have on their markers. It also has an improved trigger. This trigger uses ball bearings and is better shaped. This makes just about every aspect of the trigger better. It helps prevent side-to-side action, makes it a smoother pull, and the shape makes it easier to walk the trigger. It also has the Zen III board. I'm not exactly sure what the big difference is between the Zen II (Blitz) and the Zen III (Blitz EVO) boards.
ttimberlak443 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 06:02 AM #3
hzuiel

No, internally there is some change to the valve. Also the evo has an on off asa, and ball bearing trigger, and new version of the zen board (not sure what's different about it, but it's a new model anyway) meaning if you get the evo you just need an ion clamping feedneck and a better barrel and you're off to the races. The regular blitz pretty much NEEDS a better trigger, and the regular asa is annoying as hell.

Max bps means nothing because the only place you're likely to be allowed to just rail on people is when playing outlaw ball, and if you overshoot your friends they're gonna punch you in the mouth. The blitz and blitz evo can both shoot up around 20bps, but most places are going to cap you at 12.5 or 15. Only mode stock on the blitz that can reach 20bps is uncapped semi-auto. Most people can't shoot that fast anyway. You'd need to have the board re-programmed for 20bps ramping, and if your local field allows it everyone there will probably hate you for ramping like that, not to mention, wasting a TON of paint.
hzuiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 12:50 PM #4
ttimberlak443
aaaaaaaand its gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by hzuiel View Post
No, internally there is some change to the valve.
Oh, really? What changed in the valve? I thought they both had that Maxflow valve.

EDIT: Ooooops. I guess its called the Mass Flow, not Maxflow

Last edited by ttimberlak443 : 01-01-2013 at 06:22 PM.
Old 01-01-2013, 05:51 PM #5
hzuiel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttimberlak443 View Post
Oh, really? What changed in the valve? I thought they both had that Maxflow valve.
According to the marketing on azodin's site, the blitz has the HP(high pressure) valve.

Wheras the evo is stated as having the mass flow valve. Their site says, "The MASS FLOW Valve enables maximum air efficiency and a faster rate of fire, giving you the upper hand on the field."

The zero recoil system that azodin sells to upgrade the blitz has a valve in it. Is there a chance that the blitz evo gets the valve from that feather striker system, minus some of the other components? Also ansgear in the replacement parts section lists two valves, old and new style.

Somebody from azodin help me out here, lol.

Last edited by hzuiel : 01-01-2013 at 05:54 PM.
hzuiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 01:53 PM #6
ZRvDZ
IMMORTAL PAINTBALL

ZRvDZ has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
ZRvDZ has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
thank you both for helping me see the differences between the two guns, knowing that most places cap at 12.5 and 15 (and i only shoot around 11) really makes me glad i can save money and not buy one of the $400 guns.

Thank You!
Old 01-02-2013, 01:58 PM #7
ttimberlak443
aaaaaaaand its gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZRvDZ View Post
thank you both for helping me see the differences between the two guns, knowing that most places cap at 12.5 and 15 (and i only shoot around 11) really makes me glad i can save money and not buy one of the $400 guns.

Thank You!
No problem. The Blitz will definitely hold its own against some of the higher end markers, it just won't do it quite as well.
Old 02-14-2013, 01:32 PM #8
smalltownkaos
Azodin Fan

smalltownkaos has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
smalltownkaos has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
smalltownkaos has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
I got a blitz from ^ttimberlak, finally got time to tune it up and get it chronoed and shot it last night. almost 800 shots on a 48 3000 tank. It shoots ropes. I was very impressed with it.
smalltownkaos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 06:32 PM #9
AZODIN

Annual Supporting Member
AZODIN works for a Paintball manufacturer
Quote:
Originally Posted by hzuiel View Post
According to the marketing on azodin's site, the blitz has the HP(high pressure) valve.

Wheras the evo is stated as having the mass flow valve. Their site says, "The MASS FLOW Valve enables maximum air efficiency and a faster rate of fire, giving you the upper hand on the field."

The zero recoil system that azodin sells to upgrade the blitz has a valve in it. Is there a chance that the blitz evo gets the valve from that feather striker system, minus some of the other components? Also ansgear in the replacement parts section lists two valves, old and new style.

Somebody from azodin help me out here, lol.
HP Valve is basically the same as Mass Flow Valve.
You can buy the parts separately.
Old 02-21-2013, 12:31 AM #10
troyus

If buying new spend the extra 30 for the Evo, the trigger is worth it.
troyus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 08:04 AM #11
junits15

A spyder style gun can fully cycle around 50 or 60 balls per second. Now no modern hopper can do that nor is there any reason for one to be made that does.
If you're looking for a high rate of fire get the board re flashed or get one of those spyder vs boards with the upgrade chip.
*freak bored Evil Pipe kit with DW Whip Tip
*super duper UBER upp'd PM7
*reverse red VForce Grillz

I bought an Ion...in hindsight it was a bit of an Impulse buy
junits15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 08:49 AM #12
antoniokam

antoniokam has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
antoniokam has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
shoot it to feel the difference I would say because I'm shooting one, durability, consistency & accuracy wise improved a lot, I'm talking about everything stock..

later batch of Blitz & Blitz EVO only included with MASS Flow valve..
both markers having a preset MAX ROF of 20bps.

besides the ON/OFF ASA, MASS Flow valve and ball bearing trigger, the EVO improved on the durability of the inline regulator with better quality orings and the new ROCKSTEADY reg seat which significantly enhanced the consistency of the operating pressure ard 320-350psi, no more fluctuation..

new ZEN board does helped improve the battery life a little bit..
also, slightly better looking milling if you really check on it and the chrome screws they had changed on eye plate and grips..

as a low-mid end marker, chrono consistency I'm having is only 10-15+-, remember, everything stock & at that price tag, you got far better of what you should be expecting..

shoot both the Blitz & Blitz EVO before you comment because I did so..
antoniokam is offline   Reply With Quote