Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-29-2012, 03:02 PM #1
KINGKILLA21
YaKnOwWhOeH

KINGKILLA21 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
KINGKILLA21 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
gun blowing disks??!!

If this is in the wrong place/ section please tell me so I can delete/ move as needed.
Is it possible for the gun to blow tank burst disks? I put the tank on the gun. And first shot blows the disk, this has happened on 2 different occasions with 2 different tanks, could it be my gun reg pressure being to low or High? Extra info, tank is worthington 48/3000 and the gun is spyder rs with reg at 200 psi

Sickest spyder rs around!
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3892297

You air up your marker, strap on the mask, and walk onto the field.. it doesn't matter that you failed that test, that your girlfriend broke up with you, or that you got a ticket on the way there... your world is right for the next couple hours,... this is your heaven on earth.. live it.. love it.. play it.. Paintball.

98% percent of ballers wipe, if your part of the 2% that has some sense of honor add this to your sig
KINGKILLA21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-29-2012, 10:30 PM #2
Fubarius
Yep, it's orange.

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Fubarius supports our troops
Fubarius has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fubarius has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Fubarius is a Forum Captain
It's blowing the burst disk on the tank?

That's an odd one.

Only theory I got is that you're getting your tanks over filled (accidentally hitting the 4500 fill station instead of the 3000), and that the leaves the tank right on the brink of blowing it's burst disk. That first shot causes the pressures in the tank reg to dip a bit, and that slight change may be the proverbial "straw that broke the camels back".

Unless it's blowing something on the gun, then that's a different problem.

000110 200 11202 10 000020
012211 021 22110 22 121101
222001 222 10220 00 022212
Fubarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 12:19 AM #3
KINGKILLA21
YaKnOwWhOeH

The tank was filled by the Guy that works at the paintball store, and it was for sure the burst disc, also he put a new one on today and it blew so their not old discs

You air up your marker, strap on the mask, and walk onto the field.. it doesn't matter that you failed that test, that your girlfriend broke up with you, or that you got a ticket on the way there... your world is right for the next couple hours,... this is your heaven on earth.. live it.. love it.. play it.. Paintball.

98% percent of ballers wipe, if your part of the 2% that has some sense of honor add this to your sig
Old 12-30-2012, 01:05 AM #4
universal_dave
TIP#001

Annual Supporting Member
universal_dave is playing at Living Legends VII
universal_dave owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
universal_dave owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
universal_dave has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
universal_dave has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
universal_dave owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Which burst disk blew? There's a high pressure one and a low pressure one. I've heard of low pressure ones bursting from dirt in the fill. I would think the problem is more likely the fill station.

Tim2Thousand4 is shady, his word doesn't mean anything. If you had a good experience with him, my opinion is that you got lucky.

GSL | CSL | SLS | SL8R | VCom | G6r | Insight | Victus | Lance #1
universal_dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 01:25 AM #5
KINGKILLA21
YaKnOwWhOeH

The Guy is a professional he owns a paintball store and he was the one to fill it, also it was the 1.5 k disc not the 5k one, also the same thing happened to 2 different tanks twice on mine, all the same, first shot pop air leaking out i cant figure it.out, all the discs that popped Were 1.5k disc and all new

Last edited by KINGKILLA21 : 12-30-2012 at 01:27 AM.
Old 12-30-2012, 08:45 AM #6
Pump Scout
A dream within a dream

Annual Supporting Member
Pump Scout is a Mega Moderator
Pump Scout is a Supporting Member
Pump Scout is BST Legit
I'd suggest trying it on someone else's gun, as well as trying another tank on your gun. That will help narrow down where the problem is.

Also, you're avoiding our swear filter in your signature line. Please adjust it. Thanks!

Flying to events? Check out BHTP to protect your travel and your bags!
Pump Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 12:38 PM #7
KINGKILLA21
YaKnOwWhOeH

Im starting to think hes selling bad tanks, because come to think of it he did try a 68/4500 on it and it worked fine no disc bursting i couldnt see what kind of tank though he had a cover on but the shape was 68/4500 and okay sorry bout that ill change it

Last edited by KINGKILLA21 : 12-30-2012 at 01:01 PM.
Old 12-30-2012, 07:04 PM #8
Fubarius
Yep, it's orange.

Annual Supporting Member
Fubarius supports our troops
Fubarius has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fubarius has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Fubarius is a Forum Captain
The 1500 psi disk is there to help prevent a tank reg failure from damaging the gun. If the 1500 psi disk is blowing then the tank reg isn't, well, regulating. See if you can rig up a pressure tester to see what the tank is outputting. Wouldn't surprise me if there's more than 1500 coming out of that tank.

000110 200 11202 10 000020
012211 021 22110 22 121101
222001 222 10220 00 022212
Fubarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 07:50 PM #9
KINGKILLA21
YaKnOwWhOeH

So far i have to check the pressure out put, try a diff ASA and a different tank company

Old 12-30-2012, 08:57 PM #10
pykim01
smile

pykim01 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
pykim01 posts videos on PbNation
I run a store and whoever keeps changing your 1.5 and filling it is an idiot. 1.5 blows only when the tank reg is creeping. Means the reg is outputting in excess of 1500 psi. It needs to be taken apart (ninja or guerrilla) or replaced if anything else. The higher one blows if you overfill the tank on 3000 I believe it's a 5k and on 4500's I believe it's a 7.5
pykim01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 09:01 PM #11
KINGKILLA21
YaKnOwWhOeH

So the regs on the tanks (more than one tank) are bad? That sneaky mofo, and you really think the problem is the tank putting out way to much air? Whats it supposed to put out? Thanks

Old 12-31-2012, 06:23 AM #12
Pump Scout
A dream within a dream

Annual Supporting Member
Pump Scout is BST Legit
Output depends on the reg. The most common preset regs are 400, 600, or 800. Some are set a bit lower (Ninja SLP), some are set a bit higher (Ninja SHP for AutoMag RT users), and some are adjustable (old regs). Obviously nothing that should be blowing out a 1500psi burst disc. What kind of tank reg do you have?

Old 12-31-2012, 02:31 PM #13
KINGKILLA21
YaKnOwWhOeH

It's the one that came on the tank so I assume Worthington

Old 12-31-2012, 10:49 PM #14
CaptainSid
Paintball Wholesale Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGKILLA21 View Post
So the regs on the tanks (more than one tank) are bad? That sneaky mofo, and you really think the problem is the tank putting out way to much air? Whats it supposed to put out? Thanks
It's not that they're "bad" it's just possible that they are either:

a) not serviced properly and getting stuck after a fill; therefore not regulated upon first usage

or

b) faulty burst disks / faulty installation

First, I would try another tank on the marker. As you said you did, the marker worked. So, this narrows this issue to the tank regulator.

I would highly recommend against servicing your tank regulator yourself if you are not educated in the process.

My recommendation would be to either exchange the tank for a different one due to a manufacturer defect, or if the store owner will not change out the product for you (which he should) then contact the manufacturer directly and notify them of the problem.

As a shop owner, I've seen batch runs come out where 50+ regulators fail out of the box. I've also seen customers mangle tanks and regulators trying to fix it themselves.

Do the smart thing. Get it swapped, one way or another. Air pressure is one thing I refuse to mess around with.
CaptainSid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 12:44 PM #15
KINGKILLA21
YaKnOwWhOeH

Okay sounds good, i will most likely get it swapped and let him know they have problems with the out put

Old 01-02-2013, 02:11 PM #16
KINGKILLA21
YaKnOwWhOeH

Heres a couple pics

Old 01-02-2013, 02:46 PM #17
Pump Scout
A dream within a dream

Annual Supporting Member
Pump Scout is BST Legit
Interesting... looking up Worthington, I can't find anything about their aluminum bottles being rated for compressed air, and their composite bottles are Stako bottles. Yours, and the aluminum bottles on their site, are clearly marked CO2.

See the screw on the reg marked 1.8k? Is that the one that blows out? That's a CO2 burst disc rating, not a high pressure/compressed air/3000psi rated disc. That may be your problem right there - you may have a large CO2 tank that looks like a compressed air tank.

Old 01-02-2013, 03:06 PM #18
die.another.day

Looks like a co2 tank to me
die.another.day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 04:17 PM #19
KINGKILLA21
YaKnOwWhOeH

Yeah the 1.8 is the one that keeps bursting, and i never really Read the bottle but yeah it says 48 cu maximum co2 capacity, so this is ****** co2 tank!?!?! Hahaha then why the guage? And it looks like a hpa tank?! Haha Omg this is to funny, but so can this be used as both co2 and hpa? Do i just need hpa burst disc or do i need to go slap the idiot Thats finding these with hpa?

Last edited by KINGKILLA21 : 01-02-2013 at 04:20 PM.
Old 01-02-2013, 04:30 PM #20
KINGKILLA21
YaKnOwWhOeH

Well i called him to see where hes at with this problem and he said they put the wrong label on some of the tanks and Thats why it says co2 on mine, and that the 1.8k is the correct disc, hes going to try the same tank on a diff gun and see if the burst disc goes then he will know if its the tanks or my gun so i guess i will keep you updated, ugh i just wish i Got ninja tank, when i Got this one from him it was one of those backdoor in cash deals

Old 01-02-2013, 04:33 PM #21
die.another.day

Yea u should definatly talk to the guys who sold u that because Co2 is liquid. What marker are you running this tank on?
die.another.day is offline   Reply With Quote