Community Focus

Old 12-30-2012, 06:35 PM #1
[NA]WARLORD

[NA]WARLORD is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
[NA]WARLORD has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
[NA]WARLORD supports Empire
low pressure benefits ?

I recently bought a Crossfire reg and dropped my input pressure to 450 psi, other then stress on the internals are there any other benefits to this ? I would have tested the more shots per fill theory but our air system was only putting out 3000 psi today.
[NA]WARLORD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-30-2012, 07:22 PM #2
Clark Gryphyn

I have read some folks say that it leads to better consistency. I don't know that it has actually been proven, but hey, nothing to lose!
Clark Gryphyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 09:00 AM #3
Blak Katalyst
CT Effect

Blak Katalyst has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
Blak Katalyst supports Empire
There's a lot of talk that lower pressure gives better consistency, less wear on internals, etc.

I use a ninja pro reg at the lowest output pressure and pray to the paintball gods there is a benefit
Old 12-31-2012, 09:21 AM #4
chicagoaxe13

have there been any proven benefits? also, how could i get my pure energy 68/45 to run on low pressure?
chicagoaxe13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 05:55 PM #5
[NA]WARLORD

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagoaxe13 View Post
have there been any proven benefits? also, how could i get my pure energy 68/45 to run on low pressure?
I talked to an Empire rep a few months ago and asked them about this and they told me they have a shim kit out, but I have never seen it.
Old 12-31-2012, 06:28 PM #6
kellan

kellan is playing at Living Legends VI
kellan owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
kellan supports Team VICIOUS
kellan supports Team VICIOUS
kellan supports DLX Technology
Quote:
I have a pe 68/45 and I had to buy a shim kit for it.

http://www.ansgear.com/PMI_Pure_Ener...orpartskit.htm

$12
kellan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 07:19 PM #7
TheEnglishGuy

I found that tank pressure could go lower before seeing any dropoff when using LP over HP.

English
TheEnglishGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 02:49 PM #8
chicagoaxe13

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellan View Post

$12
well i bought the tank used and it has a ninja reg on it, im trying to find out if it is adjustable
chicagoaxe13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 04:18 PM #9
minimag03

minimag03 is an NCPA player
minimag03 plays in the APPA D5 division
It's suppose to make the HPR regulator more consistent. The HPR doesn't have to do as much "work" (for lack of a better term) to get the pressure down from ~450psi on a LP tank compared to 800psi on a HP tank. There usually isn't a noticeable difference if you have a quality HPR, but I've seen low pressure tanks help with some cheap HPRs. The Mini and Relays are nice enough that it shouldn't make much of a difference.

Some HPR's can spike when first aired up with a HP tank, which can damage a solenoid. That's another reason a LP tank can help. But again, this isn't a problem when you have a high quality HPR...

The long term benefits make sense and there might be some consistency to be gained, so I'd use it as a LP reg. Ya don't have anything to lose. Just make sure there is ~200psi difference between the tank and HPR settings to prevent shootdown.
Old 01-01-2013, 06:49 PM #10
JoshC90

JoshC90 supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
well i bought the tank used and it has a ninja reg on it, im trying to find out if it is adjustable
lol Yes all ninja regs are adjustable, check youtube for a video how to do it. Very simple

Ebay also has the kit for PE/Empire reactor regs, i paid $8 shipped for mine. You actually only need to add one shim set to the reg, but you get completely new shims.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Pure-Ene...em5645d9 8547

Texas Storm G6R - Ripper Victory - DM9
Support American Made
JoshC90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 07:18 PM #11
[NA]WARLORD

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellan View Post

$12
I didn't buy that kit because I had a basic Empire/PE reg, not the Reactor. I played with mine yesterday worked fairly well, but with only 3000 psi fills it was hard to tell if it really made a difference or not.
Old 01-01-2013, 08:10 PM #12
JoshC90

JoshC90 supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by [NA]WARLORD View Post
I didn't buy that kit because I had a basic Empire/PE reg, not the Reactor. I played with mine yesterday worked fairly well, but with only 3000 psi fills it was hard to tell if it really made a difference or not.
Im pretty sure the basic reg is a reactor man, post a pic of it

I have the stock reg that comes on empire tanks, worked on mine just fine. Its the 48/45 btw this one http://www.ansgear.com/Empire_48_450...tank484500.htm

Texas Storm G6R - Ripper Victory - DM9
Support American Made
JoshC90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 08:25 PM #13
[NA]WARLORD

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC90 View Post
Im pretty sure the basic reg is a reactor man, post a pic of it

I have the stock reg that comes on empire tanks, worked on mine just fine. Its the 48/45 btw this one http://www.ansgear.com/Empire_48_450...tank484500.htm
I don't have a pic of it, I donated it to my local field whom had a 110/4500 that needed a reg, since they swapped my regs and didn't charge me anything, I thought it to be a gesture of good will. But it did look like your reg. I like the shortness of my tank now, I bet it's just a hair longer then your tank now.
Old 01-01-2013, 08:55 PM #14
minimag03

Quote:
I don't have a pic of it, I donated it to my local field whom had a 110/4500 that needed a reg, since they swapped my regs and didn't charge me anything, I thought it to be a gesture of good will. But it did look like your reg. I like the shortness of my tank now, I bet it's just a hair longer then your tank now.
It doesn't take much to take a tank reg on or off. All ya got to do take the old one off, make sure the threads are clean, and put the new one on with at least 40lb of pressure and make sure there isn't a gap between tank and reg; just never use loctite or anything else on the threads. Just an FYI in case ya ever have to do it again.
Old 01-01-2013, 09:36 PM #15
[NA]WARLORD

Quote:
Originally Posted by minimag03 View Post
It doesn't take much to take a tank reg on or off. All ya got to do take the old one off, make sure the threads are clean, and put the new one on with at least 40lb of pressure and make sure there isn't a gap between tank and reg; just never use loctite or anything else on the threads. Just an FYI in case ya ever have to do it again.
I done them in the past and we use blue loctite on the threads for safety reasons. I just dont have a the proper vice or strap bench so I had the field do it.
Old 01-01-2013, 09:45 PM #16
minimag03

Quote:
I done them in the past and we use blue loctite on the threads for safety reasons. I just dont have a the proper vice or strap bench so I had the field do it.
Using loctite is actually the most unsafe thing you can do. The regulars threads have a hole in them that is designed to vent if the reg comes unscrewed from the tank to a certain point. The loctite can dry in the safety hole, blocking it, and turning your tank reg into a missile. I believe a woman was killed at her own sons birthday parts a few years ago in Cali when this same thing happened with a CO2 tank. Sadly, most fields and "pro shops" don't even know this.

The pressure inside the tank presses against the regulator and keeps it from turning. That pressure is enough to keep it on most of the time, but loctite is asking for trouble.