PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-28-2012, 03:41 PM #1
Steeltech6

Automag Mix and Match - Moral Dilemma

Hey Guys,
I'm new to automags but got bit by the bug real bad. 3 weeks and 3 new to me automags later, I'm trying to mix and match parts.

The problem is that the Splash Automag I acquired has a pump milled rail and pump milled classic body, and I wanted to put the Minimag body I have on the Splash rail and sell off a Classic bodied Automag. (I admit it's not a bad problem to have)

So the moral dilemma I'm coming to you guys with is whether it's a sin to separate the pump milled body and rail in order to sell it. Is it worth that much more having been milled by AGD?

Please educate me if you guys know more about what I have here than I do.
Thanks so much in advance.

Here are some photos of the different configurations I have played with:

Last edited by Steeltech6 : 01-01-2013 at 06:14 PM. Reason: Fixed Photos
Steeltech6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 06:41 PM #2
kwik175

Well this is just my opinion, but if you do not have the full pump kit to sale with the rail and the body I dont think it matters. I see very few WTB threads for just factory AGD pump milled rails and bodies. The milling is offered by several customizers and is reasonably priced. Most people that are looking for factory AGD are just looking for the pump kits. Pump milled rails came with some Classic 68's even though they were not pump guns.
Old 12-28-2012, 07:11 PM #3
THE Biscuit

THE Biscuit owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
THE Biscuit owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwik175 View Post
Well this is just my opinion, but if you do not have the full pump kit to sale with the rail and the body I dont think it matters. I see very few WTB threads for just factory AGD pump milled rails and bodies. The milling is offered by several customizers and is reasonably priced. Most people that are looking for factory AGD are just looking for the pump kits. Pump milled rails came with some Classic 68's even though they were not pump guns.
This.
Old 01-01-2013, 06:19 PM #4
Steeltech6

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwik175 View Post
Pump milled rails came with some Classic 68's even though they were not pump guns.
I guess that's what this might be then. Thanks a lot for your Feedback guys. I doubt I'll end up pumping it as I have 2 Autocockers I can convert if I feel the need, and for the other reasons you mentioned.

Of course now that I went on this buying spree I need to start culling the herd. But that being said - here are the three Mags I mentioned I picked up last month.
Steeltech6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 09:49 AM #5
ScottyBeans
Professional NERD

good lookin' set of mags!
ScottyBeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 04:35 PM #6
SoulCoffin
BigEvilOnline.com

Annual Supporting Member
The one on the left is nice! Should get a nice black clamping neck on it tho, and you'll be rocking
SoulCoffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 08:52 PM #7
[NA]WARLORD

[NA]WARLORD is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
[NA]WARLORD has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
[NA]WARLORD supports Empire
Sell the one on the top right
keep the middle one
if the trigger frame on the splash mag is metal - have the minimag body and the trigger frame polished to a shiny finish to complement the splash anno
[NA]WARLORD is offline   Reply With Quote