Old 01-12-2013, 03:26 PM #22
FallenHero_08
KCCO

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieG View Post
http://hd-pics.de/viewer.php?file=gg...eulszh8ksy.jpg

http://hd-pics.de/viewer.php?file=nf...rf9vzbv1wo.jpg

Pictures of everything (including the new pinokio hopper, gave the empire b2 to a friend) except the air tank, cleats, and sweat bands.

The square things are knee pads and the things to the right of them are ankle braces
I think so far your off to a great start, the Etek 3 is great for a starting player, and will give you room to grow.

as far as pads and clothing, the cleats are great idea, knee and elbow pads are a personal thing, i wear a empire compression shirt with lite built in elbow pads, and i only wear knee pads when playing woodsball.

You might find the tank a little heavy, and upgrading to a 4500 CF one would help with not only the weight, but depending on the field you play at and what woodsball/big games you go to, 4000 psi is pretty easy to get. your local scuba shop should also be able to give you actual Full fills, as they will usually hot fill and then let it cool off and fill it again, at least mine does. saying that, if you get a CF tank, invest in a cover right away as well, as some tanks have issues with the resin cracking or chipping off, this could cause issues later down the road if it needs to be inspected.

I feel like your comments on the hopper are great, as long as you are happy with it, keep it. its also very easy to trade/sell and buy new gear on PBN if you find its not what you want.

My only advice would be to leave your gun the way it is. find someone friendly and knowledgeable at your local field who can help you fix or tune it, but dont dump your money into "upgrading" every part you can. spend the money on paint and work on your playing first. then worry about a gun later.

The Pod pack and lack of pictures is where i see you going wrong. if you really like the tank on your back, keep it. For me, the marker is perfectly balanced with the hopper full and a tank screwed in, this makes moving and shooting much easier
FallenHero_08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-16-2013, 12:29 AM #23
prologix
Now:running with scissors

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallenHero_08 View Post
I think so far your off to a great start, the Etek 3 is great for a starting player, and will give you room to grow.
I feel like your comments on the hopper are great, as long as you are happy with it, keep it.
My only advice would be to leave your gun the way it is. find someone friendly and knowledgeable at your local field who can help you fix or tune it, but don't dump your money into "upgrading" every part you can. spend the money on paint and work on your playing first.

My bold, and looks like you have a great setup.
Attending: Blazing Saddles @ LVP 5/3/2014
1) Yes I have gold ups, no I do not need them. We could do a deal I suppose. 2) Hey, when we talk price lets talk all inclusive (shipping and paypal fees).
prologix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 07:04 AM #24
JamieG

Thanks guys I appreciate the feedback.

I bought that pod pack because it was cheap, but I don't plan on using a remote line. I think keeping the tank screwed in will work fine.

From what I've read, the upgrades you can do to an etek3 don't do a whole lot, and getting different barrel backs 'might' increase accuracy, but not enough to make it worth it. Definitely would rather spend my money on paint and play more often.

Will probably buy a 4500 tank by April unless I come into a lot more money before then.
Field: Warriors for Christ and Country fields
JamieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 12:29 PM #25
pballersrp78

Annual Supporting Member
pballersrp78 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Marker is a steal of a deal especially if you got the stock board as well. Everything else was ok. Don't be afraid to low ball people on craigslist for tanks and hopers. I got a rotor and a 45/4500 while on vaction for 125. Dr
pballersrp78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 11:51 PM #26
Leut.Dan

Leut.Dan supports DLX Technology
^
Leut.Dan is offline   Reply With Quote