Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 12-29-2012, 11:32 AM #22
levibooher

levibooher owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
levibooher supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenoob23 View Post
Thanks duck i see were yourcoming from do you plan on going to i-70 any time in the 2013 season wbu levi?
Yeah I go there sometimes and play woodsball if no one is playing speedball. We could meet up sometime..
levibooher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-29-2012, 12:54 PM #23
levibooher

Do any of you know of any teams looking for players for the plex tourny.. And at the plex will you be able to walk the field and stuff because i have never been there before.
Old 12-29-2012, 01:47 PM #24
DuckWalk

DuckWalk has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Yeah i will probably play there at some point, i just moved here only place i have played in ohio recently is cabin creek. I usually drive to Louisville, and play thirdeye or asylum (both are indoor). Both are great fields and my only judgement on where i play is where people will be.
Old 12-29-2012, 09:54 PM #25
Kirko017

Kirko017 plays in the PSP
Kirko017 posts videos on PbNation
Kirko017 is an NCPA player
Kirko017 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by COjosh View Post
Why do you all feel the need to be jerks for no apparent reason?

..the kid's just trying to find some people to play with...

You live on the south east side of Ohio and going all the way to i70? I am pretty sure xcape is closer for you. I would suggest going there in the spring, probably more likely to find a team there if not just get better
Old 12-29-2012, 10:59 PM #26
levibooher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirko017 View Post

You live on the south east side of Ohio and going all the way to i70? I am pretty sure xcape is closer for you. I would suggest going there in the spring, probably more likely to find a team there if not just get better
I meant south west side lol my bad..
Old 01-01-2013, 06:07 PM #27
thenoob23
ADK

thenoob23 is playing at Living Legends VI
thenoob23 supports Team VICIOUS
lol and alright im not much of a woodsball person usally but we will have to go play speedball sometime at i-70 when it warms up.
thenoob23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 10:57 PM #28
levibooher

Quote:
lol and alright im not much of a woodsball person usally but we will have to go play speedball sometime at i-70 when it warms up.
Yeah I'll play with you sometime.. I can play woodsball but whatever you wanna do.. Hmu sometime..
Old 01-02-2013, 03:22 PM #29
thenoob23
ADK

Alright sounds good levi,I know what im doing just not semi pro or pro im more intermediate skill level but we will see when we go out when it warms up thanks-dylan
Old 01-02-2013, 06:20 PM #30
insane24
InSaNe? YeP!

Annual Supporting Member
insane24 is playing at Living Legends VII
insane24 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
insane24 supports our troops
insane24 is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
insane24 is Boss
insane24 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Alright sounds good levi,I know what im doing just not semi pro or pro im more intermediate skill level but we will see when we go out when it warms up thanks-dylan
When it warms up guys there will be people playing speedball at i70. And we take it serious with the beginners. Don't mess with them or overshoot. Talk to John Ben Joey Logan or sunny. Always willing to help out the young guys. Also head over to xcape on Sundays. This is where you can learn a lot. Lots of teams grinding it out and practicing the layout for upcoming tournaments. Cabin creek is also a good choice. But the speedball is limited to people who know people
insane24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 06:38 PM #31
thenoob23
ADK

Quote:
Originally Posted by insane24 View Post
When it warms up guys there will be people playing speedball at i70. And we take it serious with the beginners. Don't mess with them or overshoot. Talk to John Ben Joey Logan or sunny. Always willing to help out the young guys. Also head over to xcape on Sundays. This is where you can learn a lot. Lots of teams grinding it out and practicing the layout for upcoming tournaments. Cabin creek is also a good choice. But the speedball is limited to people who know people
What do you mean people who know people,if thats the case i will go elsewere for paintball buisness.
Old 01-02-2013, 06:59 PM #32
team-titanium
steved

has been a member for 10 years
team-titanium plays in the PSP
team-titanium plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
What do you mean people who know people,if thats the case i will go elsewere for paintball buisness.
Go to xcape, if you can't go to TPA that is
Old 01-02-2013, 07:00 PM #33
thenoob23
ADK

How far is xcape
Old 01-03-2013, 09:13 AM #34
ladd_17
bA What?!?

ladd_17 is a Supporting Member
ladd_17 plays in the APPA D3 division
ladd_17 is Boss
Quote:
What he means is that Cabin Creek doesn't just set up airball for open play. This is because the field that is housed there isn't owned by Cabin Creek; it's owned by the Fuse system. As a consequence, it only gets set-up when we are there to set it up. To say that you have to know people to play there isn't really fair; it's not like we are exclusive at all. Anyone is welcome to come out and play with us, just leave your attitude in the car and be prepared for a grind.
Old 01-03-2013, 10:51 AM #35
STRIP3S
Stumpf

STRIP3S plays in the PSP
STRIP3S owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
STRIP3S owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
STRIP3S plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
How far is xcape
From the Dayton area, its an easy ride across on US 35 E. Only takes about half hour to 45 minutes from where I am. Plus, it is THE place to go and play. There are looks of great players out there and you definitely learn a lot very quickly. They are all a great group to hang around with.
XFT

GEARBAG SALE - TOO MANY ITEMS TO LIST
STRIP3S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 09:16 AM #36
thenoob23
ADK

Well stripes levi already said he would go to i-70 this season but would you?
Rotor W/ Speedfeed
Super Freak Kit
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Old 01-05-2013, 12:10 PM #37
levibooher

Quote:
Well stripes levi already said he would go to i-70 this season but would you?
That doesn't mean I won't go anywhere else.
Old 01-07-2013, 02:26 PM #38
STRIP3S
Stumpf

STRIP3S plays in the PSP
STRIP3S owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
STRIP3S owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
STRIP3S plays in the APPA D4 division
I would play at I 70 if there was nothing going on elsewhere; the field is only entertaining for a few games and then it gets old. Usually, I stick with xcape because most of my friends and teammates play there. That and its cheaper for me.
XFT

GEARBAG SALE - TOO MANY ITEMS TO LIST
STRIP3S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 03:51 PM #39
thenoob23
ADK

I Feel The Same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STRIP3S View Post
I would play at I 70 if there was nothing going on elsewhere; the field is only entertaining for a few games and then it gets old. Usually, I stick with xcape because most of my friends and teammates play there. That and its cheaper for me.
Yah i know how you feel,it does get kind of old after like 5-6 games i wish they had a better setup it just doesent have that same experince as xcape does or any other field does but its all i have with in a 2 hour drive its only like 10 minutes away.
Rotor W/ Speedfeed
Super Freak Kit
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Old 01-07-2013, 04:37 PM #40
ladd_17
bA What?!?

ladd_17 is Boss
If you're only 10 min from I-70 then you're not 2 hours away from Cabin Creek or Xcape.

Cabin Creek is probably 40-45 mins, Xcape is an hour tops.
Old 01-07-2013, 08:29 PM #41
TruthSayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladd_17 View Post
What he means is that Cabin Creek doesn't just set up airball for open play. This is because the field that is housed there isn't owned by Cabin Creek; it's owned by the Fuse system. As a consequence, it only gets set-up when we are there to set it up. To say that you have to know people to play there isn't really fair; it's not like we are exclusive at all. Anyone is welcome to come out and play with us, just leave your attitude in the car and be prepared for a grind.
I wish I had a dollar for every time you've defended your policy of who gets to play at cabin creek and who doesn't and finishing with "just check your attitude at the door".
Maybe its time to take a look in the mirror.
Why do you think all the teams from the cincy area make the hour and a half drive to XCape every Sunday instead of your field? I'm just telling it like it is, people don't feel welcome there. You can blame it on everyone else but the bottom line is that's the way its going to stay until the leadership of fuse adjusts its own attitude.
Old 01-08-2013, 10:48 AM #42
ladd_17
bA What?!?

ladd_17 is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthSayer View Post
I wish I had a dollar for every time you've defended your policy of who gets to play at cabin creek and who doesn't and finishing with "just check your attitude at the door".
Maybe its time to take a look in the mirror.
Why do you think all the teams from the cincy area make the hour and a half drive to XCape every Sunday instead of your field? I'm just telling it like it is, people don't feel welcome there. You can blame it on everyone else but the bottom line is that's the way its going to stay until the leadership of fuse adjusts its own attitude.
I'm not sure who you are, so I don't know what your experience is, and I have no clue what you're talking about with a policy of who gets to play and who doesn't; there is no such policy. When the field is up the field is up... whether you play on it or not is your choice.

I've asked myself about Xcape vs. Cabin Creek a lot actually and I think there are a few factors to that:

#1. Xcape has been catering exclusively to the tournament crowd for the better part of a decade now. The atmosphere is pretty chill and there are always people to play. Cabin Creek only has an airball field because we bought one to play on; tournament play isn't the focus of the business so it doesn't get promoted as much.

#2. Xcape sells paint much cheaper. There are also no entry or air fees. I think this is the biggest factor as we are all cheap bastards.

#3. We grind. There is a reason that teams like Asylum and Trade My Gun ask us to come scrimmage them; they know they will get a workout. Frankly I feel like many of the teams around here don't want to practice that way so they go somewhere where they know they won't get marched off the field point after point. Xcape is more relaxed and lets those players spend a bit more time playing and less time getting shot. (Note: this is not a jab at anyone's playing ability, I'm just trying to differentiate between the 'tone' of the two fields: for example, you will never see jakesak and crew drinking beers and having Sunday Funday at Cabin Creek)

Last edited by ladd_17 : 01-08-2013 at 11:00 AM.
ladd_17 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyRegional Ups