Community Focus

Old 01-24-2013, 03:43 PM #1408
barrel roll
secedere

barrel roll is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
barrel roll is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by sucka T. View Post

Anyone live in Wyoming? Is it racist out there? Was thinking of moving there a while ago.
That's an odd question.
MQ2 rebuild kits, MP4 ram rebuilds, general 'cocker teching
Will soon be making super slick mid/half block bolts
barrel roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 03:48 PM #1409
ripdisc

ripdisc supports Cereal Killerz 2
ripdisc helped look for balloons
ripdisc is playing at Living Legends VII
ripdisc owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
I grew up in wyoming. it's not really racists because there are only white people for the most part. the majority of the state is desolate and crummy, the northwest is some of the most amazing area in the whole country.
it has really low population density. most people there will judge you by your attitude more than your color, but like anywhere you could probably run into racism.
The people are very republican and conservative.

The Ripdisc Collection
ripdisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 03:51 PM #1410
sucka T.

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrel roll View Post
That's an odd question.
Yes. Im nutty.

ThreadSavers®

http://www.ohnoes.org/

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...hreadid=891102
sucka T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 04:29 PM #1411
Iamamartianchurch

I was going to move to new Orleans before I learned that they to was gunna turn it into a chocolate town.
Iamamartianchurch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 11:41 AM #1412
Volucris
asmuchtextastheywillallow

Only four handguns were used in CT:

http://video.today.msnbc.msn.com/tod...08495#50208495

Looks like a typical case of the media trying to push an agenda by making up information.
Volucris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 04:02 PM #1413
jamest91

jamest91 helped look for balloons
jamest91 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
jamest91 is for the Gunfight
jamest91 supports Sherwood Forest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volucris View Post

Looks like a typical case of the media trying to push an agenda by making up information.
Sounds like the American media. For example, the previous school shooting before Sandy was Virginia Tech. Only handguns with tons of ammunition were used. Banning assault rifles will definitely solve all these recent shootings!
Old 01-25-2013, 05:10 PM #1414
drgonzo
Half-cocked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volucris View Post

Note the date. This is outdated information circulating on right-wing sites, email and social media, intended as right-wing disinformation.

Here is the current info:
http://www.ct.gov/despp/cwp/view.asp?Q=517284&A=4226
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/...211722237.html

The shotgun found in the car was a Saiga which is why people may have visually misidentified it in early reports.
HawaiiPB/PumpPB - Our videos | Droidtiles.com - NFC Tags for Android and mobile devices
drgonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 05:19 PM #1415
sirX
The next Jeremy Salm

sirX donated to help Peyton Trent
sirX supports Team VICIOUS
sirX is reppin' sidebar 4 life
sirX has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by drgonzo View Post

The shotgun found in the car was a Saiga which is why people may have visually misidentified it in early reports.

Is there any reason the media hasn't made the public aware of the Saiga? I don't recall any mentioning of it, other than the original footage of them getting it out of the trunk.

I may have missed it, but they seem to plaster the names/brands of the other weapons used all over TV and the internet.
sirX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 05:21 PM #1416
barrel roll
secedere

barrel roll is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
barrel roll is Legendary
The initial shock of the event is all that is important.
MQ2 rebuild kits, MP4 ram rebuilds, general 'cocker teching
Will soon be making super slick mid/half block bolts
barrel roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 05:27 PM #1417
drgonzo
Half-cocked

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirX View Post
Is there any reason the media hasn't made the public aware of the Saiga? I don't recall any mentioning of it, other than the original footage of them getting it out of the trunk.

I may have missed it, but they seem to plaster the names/brands of the other weapons used all over TV and the internet.
I'd guess because it wasn't used? Almost all accurate reports say a shotgun was found in the trunk.

It is a named banned weapon in most versions of AWB going around.
HawaiiPB/PumpPB - Our videos | Droidtiles.com - NFC Tags for Android and mobile devices
Old 01-25-2013, 05:44 PM #1418
ripdisc

the list i saw just said "saiga" which would mean anything they make i guess. you can get a saiga with no pistol grip/flash hider/and a magazine that would make it legal. most of the things they are trying to ban are complete bs. just a list of army looking evil guns... there are several things i didnt see on the list that you could get and would be just as "deadly". it's sad how little the people pushing for this actually know about it.

The Ripdisc Collection
Old 01-25-2013, 05:57 PM #1419
drgonzo
Half-cocked

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripdisc View Post
the list i saw just said "saiga" which would mean anything they make i guess. you can get a saiga with no pistol grip/flash hider/and a magazine that would make it legal. most of the things they are trying to ban are complete bs. just a list of army looking evil guns... there are several things i didnt see on the list that you could get and would be just as "deadly". it's sad how little the people pushing for this actually know about it.
Most bans list both the shotguns and the AK, and include all existing models by name. The named guns are probably the hardest to get around.
Old 01-25-2013, 05:58 PM #1420
sucka T.

What do you guys think would be more deadly in a mass shooting environment.

A. AR-15 with a belt of magazines.
B. 2 glock 17's with a belt of 33 round magazines.

I always thought if these guys wanted to kill more people, wouldnt option B be more lethal? IMO getting rid of "assault weapons" wont change anything.

ThreadSavers®

Old 01-25-2013, 06:01 PM #1421
Lazarusrat

Lazarusrat owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Quote:
Anyone live in Wyoming? Is it racist out there? Was thinking of moving there a while ago.
Only a few of us...

Is it racist? No, its not. But as Rip mentioned there aren't very many minorities. I have 36 people that work for me. Out of the 36, I have 3 African Americans, 1 Hispanic, and everyone else is Cucasian.

The South Western side of the state is a wasteland (Green river, Rock Springs, Wamsutter, etc) The Eastern edge is grassland (Cheyenne, Wheatland, Douglas, Gillette). The NorthWestern and North Central are mountains (Jackson, Teton NP, Yellowstone, Cody, Graybull, Sheridan, Story, Buffalo). The center is rolling hills and a low mountain range (Casper, Kaycee, Lander, Riverton).

Crime is low.

Public eduction is better than National Ave (and better than surrounding states).

Unemployment is way lower than national ave.
I like it here and I've lived all over
Old 01-25-2013, 06:04 PM #1422
drgonzo
Half-cocked

Quote:
What do you guys think would be more deadly in a mass shooting environment.

A. AR-15 with a belt of magazines.
B. 2 glock 17's with a belt of 33 round magazines.

I always thought if these guys wanted to kill more people, wouldnt option B be more lethal? IMO getting rid of "assault weapons" wont change anything.
The 33 round mags would be banned. There are some proponents of banning high capacity semi-auto pistols.
Old 01-25-2013, 06:16 PM #1423
ripdisc

Quote:
Most bans list both the shotguns and the AK, and include all existing models by name. The named guns are probably the hardest to get around.
that's the problem. naming all these specific guns when there are all sorts of clones. I feel like they are just grasping at straws hoping it makes a difference. people will get around it and it will get more and more additions until they just ban everything. although some lists include any "similar designs" and anything based on military or law enforcement designs which would already include most anything.

start with a small stupid list. something else will happen and gain momentum...and it all comes tumbling down.

The Ripdisc Collection
Old 01-25-2013, 06:39 PM #1424
sucka T.

Quote:
The 33 round mags would be banned. There are some proponents of banning high capacity semi-auto pistols.
Well the point I was trying to make was that the whole "get rid of ar-15 and military style rifles" side of this recent "gun movement" (sparked by sandy school shooting, it seems), would simply not do anything.

My thinking is this. In my scenario I mentioned, my intuition would tell me that the 2 glock 17's with 33 round magazines would be more lethal (I could be wrong, I dont know, any opinions?). So the "problem" (for the people trying to get extreme gun control) isnt really what type of gun but the magazine capacity. So making AR-15's illegal to own would do nothing.

So in essence I think what Im trying to say, for example, if there is going to be a magazine cap for pistols, then AR-15 with the same magazine cap, would be less dangerous in the hands of a mass murderer, then 2 semi auto pistols with the same magazine cap. So in NY (for example), if they are going to limit semi autos to 7 rounds, the AR-15 with 7 round max capacity could never be more dangerous, so therefore banning the AR-15 would never make sense (unless all semi auto handguns with the same magazine capacity were also banned). In essence, getting rid of AR-15 completely would never make any bit of difference, theoretically. Am I completely off base here?

ThreadSavers®

Last edited by sucka T. : 01-25-2013 at 06:45 PM.
Old 01-25-2013, 06:39 PM #1425
drgonzo
Half-cocked

Quote:
that's the problem. naming all these specific guns when there are all sorts of clones.
Clones are banned also.

Quote:
Well the point I was trying to make was that the whole "get rid of ar-15 and military style rifles" side of this recent "gun movement" (sparked by sandy school shooting, it seems), would simply not do anything.
My thinking is this. In my scenario I mentioned, my intuition would tell me that the 2 glock 17's with 33 round magazines would be more lethal. So the "problem" (for the people trying to get extreme gun control) isnt really what type of gun but the magazine capacity. So making AR-15's illegal to own would do nothing.

So in essence I think what Im trying to say, for example, if there is going to be a magazine cap for pistols, then AR-15 with the same magazine cap, would be less dangerous in the hands of a mass murderer, then 2 semi auto pistols with the same magazine cap. So in NY (for example), if they are going to limit semi autos to 7 rounds, the AR-15 with 7 round max capacity could never be more dangerous, so therefore banning the AR-15 would never make sense (unless all semi autos with the same magazine capacity were also banned). In essence, getting rid of AR-15 completely would never make any bit of difference. Am I completely off base here?
Actually the statistics DO show that AWBs do something, the question is whether that something is significant enough versus the significance of a ban. That's the whole debate. However I personally believe that statistics don't tell the whole story. Effective regulation appears to reduce the overall first-resort mentality of the gun culture that has increased tremendously since the last AWB ended, along with the prevalence of gun-related obsessive/compulsive behavior. This could conceivably reduce the prevalence of gun violence. As the saying goes, it's the people, not the guns, but the guns do have a large effect on the mentality of the people (otherwise it wouldn't be such a heavy debate).

Also, and perhaps more importantly, the use of guns as a wedge issue by the right wing is a major problem in our society -- it keeps them in power, which has had deleterious effects on the life-lots of the working and lower classes, which in turn leads to increased desperation, mental illness and an overall cheapening of life.

Last edited by drgonzo : 01-25-2013 at 06:52 PM.
Old 01-25-2013, 06:45 PM #1426
Treghc

Treghc is a Supporting Member
Treghc is a founding member
Treghc is a Forum Captain
The real point is that banning assault rifles is not the proper thing to do. Pistols are more easy to sneak in to public areas, easier to maneuver with, and cheaper/easier to obtain. Banning assault rifles is pointless. It doesn't do anything.

Tarsier Slave

We are Sapien
Treghc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 06:46 PM #1427
sucka T.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treghc View Post
The real point is that banning assault rifles is not the proper thing to do. Pistols are more easy to sneak in to public areas, easier to maneuver with, and cheaper/easier to obtain. Banning assault rifles is pointless. It doesn't do anything.
That is my thinking.

ThreadSavers®

Old 01-25-2013, 08:17 PM #1428
BodyCount81
Jerrah

BodyCount81 supports Cereal Killerz 2
Quote:
I don't understand this. The Saiga I have has nothing done to it.

No pistol grip, no flash hider, comes with a 10 round detachable magazine, and I don't think it has a bayonet lug(why are these being banned?). That's how it was bought brand new so I don't see why they're trying to ban them.

"It's mine."
BodyCount81 is offline   Reply With Quote