Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-30-2013, 01:17 AM #1
Mombo

Not sure which Halo need help diagnosing though

Ok my dad got a Halo hopper from a pawn shop and of course it doesnt work correctly so I am trying to help him out.

I took some pictures I will add those in just a minute just in case any of that matters.

Ive never had or owned a Halo hopper so I dont know much about them. I am fairly new to paintball again so I dont know much about what can be done to them.

THE PROBLEM -

So when I put the hopper on a gun and fill it with 20 balls or more and then turn it on the problem happens pretty quick. It spins fills the neck with balls and then starts to make noises. It sounds like it trying to spin still even though it is full. After about 10 times of groaning it start flashing red and green and stops working.

I have taken it apart and made sure it was clean inside. But I dont know what else I would do to it. Its almost as if it doesnt know its full I guess. If I take the hopper off the gun and fill it up completely and just let it float over the bag it will empty the entire hopper very quickly no stops. If I turn it on and then start shooting the gun quickly it wont stop as well.

So ya...something about it not stopping or jamming or idk.

I have looked online and there are tons of parts and upgrades for the Halo that I could nab if there is any one specific thing that is wrong... Should I get a new board? How are the B2 boards? Does the sound activation work well? etc. etc. What do yall suggest me get to get it running smooth.

Also there is a small crack on one of the sides of the shell this would not mess with anything would it? Seems plenty sturdy still.

Mombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-30-2013, 08:26 AM #2
pbbuddy12
I'm more of a 3 wire guy

pbbuddy12 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
pbbuddy12 supports Pev's Paintball
pbbuddy12 is Legendary
Give the eyes a once over. Clean them, make sure alignment is good as well as the wiring is a clean and un damaged. For some reason it's not sensing balls in the neck and throwing the tension way high.

I loved my b2 when I had it. Ran primarily on my dm7 and never had a jam, not even with reballs.

Last edited by pbbuddy12 : 10-30-2013 at 08:33 AM.
pbbuddy12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 11:09 AM #3
Mombo

Oh this thing has eyes.... lol alright where exactly are they and what is the best way to go about cleaning them?

Would using black paintballs have any effect on this?
Old 10-30-2013, 12:24 PM #4
team_xile
Midwest Whiteout

team_xile plays in the APPA D4 division
team_xile is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
team_xile is Legendary
team_xile supports DLX Technology
team_xile supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mombo View Post
Oh this thing has eyes.... lol alright where exactly are they and what is the best way to go about cleaning them? Would using black paintballs have any effect on this?
Black paint is probably your issue. I believe the eyes in the halo loaders are reflective (somebody please correct me if I'm wrong) and most reflective eyes have a hard time picking up dark colored paint. What it might be doing is feeding tie first few, and not realizing the ball stack is full it's trying to force feed more paint, causing it to read as a jam.
team_xile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 12:52 PM #5
skvngr100

Annual Supporting Member
skvngr100 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
skvngr100 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
skvngr100 supports DLX Technology
Eyes r under the yellow and green tape on the neck
skvngr100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 01:30 PM #6
Mombo

ANNNNNND that fixed it thanks guys. I cleaned the eyes for the hell of it but I put a different paintball in it and it worked perfectly..... UGH lol. So much headache over that.
Old 10-30-2013, 05:08 PM #7
pbbuddy12
I'm more of a 3 wire guy

pbbuddy12 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
pbbuddy12 supports Pev's Paintball
pbbuddy12 is Legendary
If you still want to use black paint, A trick, which doesn't always work, Is mixing black paint with regular colored shelled balls. The eyes will pick up the normal shells, you get the effect of almost tracer rounds with the colored balls, and you get the benefits of black paint flying at your opponent.