Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-30-2012, 12:32 PM #1
industrialthrowback

Tippmann SL-68 II low velocity

I am having trouble getting my SL-68 to chrono over 225, I have the velocity adjustment all the way out and I also replaced all of the o-rings. Any ideas?
industrialthrowback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 01:32 PM #2
oldschool45

Velocity adjustment should be flush with the back of the hammer not fully extended. Since the SL68 takes stock nelson valve springs but Tippmann specific mainsprings. MY next step would be to clip 1 ring off of the valve spring to lighten it up. Then hope you are high and dial it back with the velocity adjuster. Or get a cocker spring kit and use the lightest valve spring available instead of cutting the stick one.
oldschool45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 02:16 PM #3
cheapchi
mmmmmm...Tiger Balm

has been a member for 10 years
Are you using CO2 or high pressure air? A Tippmann tech told me the valves are designed for and work best on CO2.

If you are using the stock barrel it has a huge bore. Check your paint matching. Take off the barrel and feed one ball into the back of the barrel. Based on your velocity the paint you are shooting will roll through with little resistance. Your paint is rolling partway down the barrel before you pull the trigger. You will not get the most energy from the expanding gas to propel your paintball. Thus the consistently low velocity.

If that is the case you can either buy bigger paint or purchase an aftermarket barrel with a smaller bore. Personally I had my stock barrel freak bored.

Keep us posted. I love shooting my SL68II. They are beastly little pumps.
cheapchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 02:30 PM #4
industrialthrowback

I am using CO2 my paint to bore match isn't great but it's not terrible either, unfortunatly where I play I have to use field paint so I am limited on my paint options. I have a few different springs laying around that I can play with I will give that a try and see what happens and report back.
industrialthrowback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 03:30 PM #5
cheapchi
mmmmmm...Tiger Balm

has been a member for 10 years
Search out the electrical tape detent mod. It worked pretty well for me during the time I used it. Worst case you'll be out a few pieces of tape and some time.
cheapchi is offline   Reply With Quote