Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-24-2012, 11:04 PM #1
Byrd_SL

Byrd_SL plays in the PSP
Byrd_SL has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Byrd_SL supports DLX Technology
Wounded!?!

What is your worst wound from playing paintball?

I was at my local field Big Indian Paintball in Perry Ga. playing a 2 day tournament called the Northern Aggression.
It was North versus South and I was on the South team and we was in the lead and the last game we played was capture the flag and and I ran out of paint so I laid my gun down and started heading for the flag.
When I was heading for the flag I was hand tagging people out when I snuck up on them.
Then there was this one dude around this building so I ran around and slide in for my last tag before I could get to the flag and he had a speedball gun and shot my head UP!!! haha foreal
When I came around he was so shocked to see me he just froze up and lit my head up and I had the biggest goose egg on my head and later found out it split my head when I washed out the paint .
Worst headache ever!
But that's my worst wound so far.
Byrd_SL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 11:26 PM #2
Kbug
O.M.G.

Kbug owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Kbug supports Team VICIOUS
Kbug has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Kbug supports Empire
I have a scar on the back of my knee from when I bunkered a guy and he got pissed and decided to run up and shoot me from point blank range. Not real bad, but that's the worst wound I've had so far

Last edited by Kbug : 12-26-2012 at 04:00 PM.
Kbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 11:27 PM #3
IBleed Arbor
vtec just kicked in, yo!

Annual Supporting Member
IBleed Arbor plays in the PSP
IBleed Arbor owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
IBleed Arbor is reppin' sidebar 4 life
IBleed Arbor is Boss
IBleed Arbor supports DLX Technology
Soft
IBleed Arbor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 02:32 PM #4
SKI008
Fear my Join Date

has been a member for 10 years
I got shot in the forehead once from about 5 feet away right above where my mask stopped. Had a gnarly lump on my head for a while and it made my ears ring.

Got shot in the throat also from really close and couldn't breath for several seconds.

Tried to surrender someone once and he hit me in the jaw with his gun. Kind of surprised I wasn't more injured from that actually.
Old 12-25-2012, 07:27 PM #5
jonotwist
fistfull o'sunshine & joy

Annual Supporting Member
jonotwist is playing at Living Legends VII
jonotwist plays in the APPA D4 division
jonotwist supports Empire
act tear when my foot caught an edge of a bunker on a slide.

-You want money, I need stuff.- PM ME!

ego 5/6 ETEK feednecks, .45 grips, Boblong directmount ASA, spyder Unitec back.
jonotwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 01:20 AM #6
C4talyst

C4talyst has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Had this paintball grenade I got from a guy in exchange for a good seat in a dead box at Oklohoma D-Day 2012

Fast forward, I never find a good time to throw the thing, so it just sort of sit around my kitchen for a few months until after my friends kept playing with it for the umpteenth time, i decided to schedule a paintball day with the express interest of throwing that blasted grenade.

Well, my group arrives and we get our ballin' on. Never get a good chance to throw it. I even stop using dual TPX's and stick with just one so I can have the thing in my hands at all times. At the end of the day, the last game ended with me and one guy versus the last guy on the other side. Seeing my chance, I sprint forward with all the strength left after a long day of paintball, screaming "FRAG OUT!". I throw the grenade with the accuracy of a blind man, and get shot square in the tenders for my troubles. Not a scratch, not a graze, a full on shot and it buckles me for a few minutes.

Played the sport for several years, first time I ever got hit there.
C4talyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 09:44 AM #7
Pump Scout
A dream within a dream

Annual Supporting Member
Pump Scout is a Mega Moderator
Pump Scout is a Supporting Member
Pump Scout is BST Legit
Pump Scout is playing at Living Legends VII
Pump Scout supports Team VICIOUS
Pump Scout is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
Bone chips in my shoulder. I was hauling up the field at full speed. Knee high grass in the middle of a valley, headed for the other team's base. I glanced down, and saw a little pile of logs. I jumped, since I was too close to avoid the thing, but pitched forward. You know those movies where the main character jumps through a window, does the "tuck and roll", comes up and shoots all the bad guys? It doesn't work in real life. I tucked, hit the ground with my right shoulder, and it instantly went numb. I went one way, my gun went another. Thankfully, my goggles stayed on. My wife convinced me to get checked out that night, and the x-ray showed that I'd chipped the ball where my arm sits in the shoulder socket. At least I can predict weather with it now.

I've got little scars here and there from various close or hard hits, but those are somewhat minor.
Pump Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 10:32 AM #8
catterman
It does what its told!

catterman supports Team VICIOUS
catterman plays in the APPA D5 division
Hyper extended knee and broken ankle at the same time..
CAROLINA KEGGERS #13
catterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 11:26 AM #9
brienpeppers

brienpeppers owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Slid into a Dorito. Apparently there were chunks of concrete in the dirt. Tore open a huge gash in my knee about 2 inches wide and 1/2 inch deep. Bad thing is I didn't notice until I saw a rip in my pants and blood after the tourney was over

Edit: now I wear knee pads every time I play

"In Soviet Russia bunker hides behind you."
brienpeppers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 04:02 AM #10
bulzeye

bulzeye is a Supporting Member
bulzeye donated to help Peyton Trent
bulzeye supports Team VICIOUS
bulzeye is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
tore the ligaments in my right foot.
bulzeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 05:51 AM #11
TheGraveDigger
My Darkest Fear

TheGraveDigger is playing at Living Legends VI
Welts
TheGraveDigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:32 AM #12
Gyvanth
That Awkward Guy

Gyvanth has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Gyvanth has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Gyvanth has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Ear shots and mouth shots wearing a Vforce Grill (rubber bottom) are about the worse I've had. I do have a scar from a paintball on my thigh but I don't know why, the hit wasn't any worse than others I've taken.
Gyvanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:38 AM #13
Hot Nuts22
Bangarang

Hot Nuts22 is playing at Living Legends VI
Hot Nuts22 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Hot Nuts22 supports Team VICIOUS
Hot Nuts22 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
all my injuries have come from sliding. i dont think ive ever been really hurt from a shot. just welts/loss of dignity, etc.
"Whitness" fan #7
BPG
aXe MEN
"I'm a back line battlefield commander. Then I rush up the gut and bunker as many people as I can to steal the glory from my front players.
#hashbrown yolo fish swag." -Kazer
Hot Nuts22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:09 AM #14
Subterfuge
Arctic Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pump Scout View Post
Bone chips in my shoulder. I was hauling up the field at full speed. Knee high grass in the middle of a valley, headed for the other team's base. I glanced down, and saw a little pile of logs. I jumped, since I was too close to avoid the thing, but pitched forward. You know those movies where the main character jumps through a window, does the "tuck and roll", comes up and shoots all the bad guys? It doesn't work in real life. I tucked, hit the ground with my right shoulder, and it instantly went numb. I went one way, my gun went another. Thankfully, my goggles stayed on. My wife convinced me to get checked out that night, and the x-ray showed that I'd chipped the ball where my arm sits in the shoulder socket. At least I can predict weather with it now.

I've got little scars here and there from various close or hard hits, but those are somewhat minor.
I had a similar injury ten years ago tripping over logs at the apex of my jump. My number was called by this backman in a woodsball game. I thought that jumping over the bunker would be better than wasting time going around it. I landed on my shoulder hard. I lay their for a couple of seconds, it felt like someone stabbed me hard in the shoulder. Then I stood up through the intense pain and ran down the middle with the backman covering me. I couldn't lift my arm over my head so I bunkered this dude firing from the hip. After eliminating that guy I took down the entire left side eliminating three more people. I should of went to the doctor, but I didn't have money to pay for medical bills working at wal-mart. I decided to just wait it out. I wonder if I have a chipped ball joint also. Every time I carry a heavy pack, I have to ignore the stabbing pain in the shoulder I fell on.
What did the doctor do to help your shoulder?

Another day 9 years ago.
I cut my hand open like a zipper on a superman dive before a tournament. My marker flipped out in front of me into the snake. I quickly picked myself back up and dove again into the snake. I thought I was hit because I contacted a few paintballs in my right side before I made it all the way in. I felt my back and felt something wet. The ref was asking why I was out. I showed him my hand, "See, I'm out." He recoiled in horror. I turned my hand around and it was covered in bright red blood. I was patched up in the paintball store bathroom by a beautiful girl. I played the rest of the tournament with my captain's oversized gloves. The patch was nice and tight originally, it just didn't stay tight when I used that hand to shoot. Blood seeped down my wrists. I didn't do too well in the tournament. My team came in third place. I still have the line in my hand where it was cut open.

Last edited by Subterfuge : 01-02-2013 at 10:12 AM.
Subterfuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 08:44 PM #15
bulzeye

can now add fractured knee cap
Old 01-06-2013, 08:32 PM #16
Cracker_35
Saltine or Graham?

Annual Supporting Member
Cracker_35 has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
Cracker_35 is Legendary
I uppercut myself in the chin with my tank, when I did a slide and my barrel stuck in the ground.
Cracker_35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 01:22 PM #17
toasted_potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulzeye View Post
can now add fractured knee cap
Haha did that just happen??

LAQUISHA
toasted_potato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 01:44 PM #18
bulzeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by toasted_potato View Post
Haha did that just happen??
nope, slipped on some wet stairs on xmas and messed up my left knee. went in and they took xray's of both knees and found i had a fractured right knee cap that was an old injury. pretty sure i can pinpoint when it happened
Old 01-14-2013, 10:43 PM #19
Scheele

Broke my fibula thanks to the old exalt cleats' lack of heel traction. Slipped on the grass slowing down while running. I fell just right to snap the fibula (smaller outside bone in the shin) but figured I should get behind something then figure out how bad it was. When I tried to push my foot down to crawl the bone shifted apart. Now I have a plate, some screws and a wicked scar.

I also sliced my hand open on god knows what when I put my hand down during a slide. I almost passed out when I saw that it was decently deep. I'm a little girl when I cut myself but I did get to chat up a cute nurse trainee when they were sewing it up so I mark it as a win.
Scheele is offline   Reply With Quote