PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-24-2012, 10:32 PM #1
Jle0612
Jle0612

48/3000 ninja tank fill

How much air should I fill up my tank? Should I fill it up all the way or how much? I'm kind of new and I used to use c02
Jle0612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-25-2012, 12:17 AM #2
2pipes
Legend in my own MIND

2pipes owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
2pipes supports Team VICIOUS
2pipes has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
2pipes supports DLX Technology
It is a 3000# tank. Fill until it reads full, but only to 3000 not over. Most fields will have 2 separate stations. One is 3000# and the other 4500#. Be sure to only fill from the 3000 and there won't be any issues.

Ronnie Dixon fan club #30
2pipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 04:34 AM #3
die.another.day

Just saying u wont die if u accedent put 4500 psi in it. But youll have to bleed it. They hydro them at 6000 psi
die.another.day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 07:20 AM #4
tonycon
Knuckleheads Paintball

Annual Supporting Member
tonycon owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
tonycon owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
tonycon owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
tonycon supports our troops
tonycon is Legendary
tonycon owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
I cannot remember the limit of the 3000 psi reg...but if you fill it past 3000 psi the low end burst disk will blow. Pay attention to what you are doing for your safety and the safety of others.

Proudly Sponsored By:
PBExplosion VirtueSpire Valken Paintball

KnuckleHeads Paintball Team
Game footage
tonycon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 09:31 AM #5
Tabris17
Will B/S/T Souls

Annual Supporting Member
Tabris17 is a Moderator
Tabris17 is BST Legit
Tabris17 supports our troops
Tabris17 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
Tabris17 is Boss
Tabris17 is attending Decay of Nations VII
Quote:
Originally Posted by die.another.day View Post
Just saying u wont die if u accedent put 4500 psi in it. But youll have to bleed it. They hydro them at 6000 psi
Completely unsafe to fill the tank to 4500 psi that's only meant to hold 3000 psi. Never fill your tank above the pressure rating. You MUST check what pressure line you are on every single time and watch your tank gauge to ensure you are not going above your fill pressure rating.
It stresses the cylinder body and there is no way to ensure there is not a 'soft spot' somewhere that won't rupture on you. You never know when you have a cylinder that doesn't quite meet the pressure recommendations in terms of burst pressure.
They're meant to be safely operated at 3000 psi or 4500 psi only. Never above. If they are ever over filled proper protocol is to take the tank out of service and get it hydro tested as the cylinder could have stretched out to unsafe specifications per the REE number.

"Only the foolish believe suffering is just wages for being different. Only the savage regard the endurance of pain as the measure of worth. Only the insane equate pain with success."

PBR Feedback +26/-0 PBN Feedback +16/-0 IOG Feedback +10/-0
Tabris17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 10:17 AM #6
die.another.day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabris17 View Post

Completely unsafe to fill the tank to 4500 psi that's only meant to hold 3000 psi. Never fill your tank above the pressure rating. You MUST check what pressure line you are on every single time and watch your tank gauge to ensure you are not going above your fill pressure rating.
It stresses the cylinder body and there is no way to ensure there is not a 'soft spot' somewhere that won't rupture on you. You never know when you have a cylinder that doesn't quite meet the pressure recommendations in terms of burst pressure.
They're meant to be safely operated at 3000 psi or 4500 psi only. Never above. If they are ever over filled proper protocol is to take the tank out of service and get it hydro tested as the cylinder could have stretched out to unsafe specifications per the REE number.
Actually it is fine, youll just have a blown burst disc as someone else mentioned
die.another.day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 10:21 AM #7
Tabris17
Will B/S/T Souls

Annual Supporting Member
Tabris17 is a Moderator
Tabris17 is BST Legit
Tabris17 supports our troops
Tabris17 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
Tabris17 is Boss
Tabris17 is attending Decay of Nations VII
No, it is not fine. It's one of the most unsafe things you can do intentionally for the reasons I just mentioned.
I've heard stories of field owners confiscating tanks or all out banning players from their fields for intentionally overfilling tanks. It's incredibly unsafe and any manufacturer will tell you that.
The burst discs will only go at 5k for a 3000 psi system and 7.5k for a 4500 psi system. So no, you actually won't blow a burst disc you'll just be stretching your tank cylinder over and over again. It's like over blowing a balloon and draining it and then doing it again and again. Eventually it's going to burst in your face. Except a balloon doesn't have the potential of force to take off an arm or kill you.
This is a very real safety concern. It's a potentially life threatening thing. Never over fill your system.

"Only the foolish believe suffering is just wages for being different. Only the savage regard the endurance of pain as the measure of worth. Only the insane equate pain with success."

PBR Feedback +26/-0 PBN Feedback +16/-0 IOG Feedback +10/-0
Tabris17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 02:10 PM #8
Jle0612
Jle0612

Quote:
No, it is not fine. It's one of the most unsafe things you can do intentionally for the reasons I just mentioned.
I've heard stories of field owners confiscating tanks or all out banning players from their fields for intentionally overfilling tanks. It's incredibly unsafe and any manufacturer will tell you that.
The burst discs will only go at 5k for a 3000 psi system and 7.5k for a 4500 psi system. So no, you actually won't blow a burst disc you'll just be stretching your tank cylinder over and over again. It's like over blowing a balloon and draining it and then doing it again and again. Eventually it's going to burst in your face. Except a balloon doesn't have the potential of force to take off an arm or kill you.
This is a very real safety concern. It's a potentially life threatening thing. Never over fill your system.
U r right
Jle0612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 07:15 PM #9
Nate @ Ninja PB
Ninja Paintball

Nate @ Ninja PB works for a Paintball manufacturer
Nate @ Ninja PB owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
This is correct.
www.facebook.com/ninjapaintball
Nate @ Ninja PB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 09:54 AM #10
Rob @ Ninja PB

Rob @ Ninja PB works for a Paintball manufacturer
Rob @ Ninja PB owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Rob @ Ninja PB supports Team VICIOUS
Rob @ Ninja PB supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate @ Ninja PB View Post
This is correct.