PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-24-2012, 08:20 PM #1
Enter The Nutty

Enter The Nutty owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Enter The Nutty has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Best way to tune this Vice?

I traded for a sweet Vice a while back with full intentions of getting it tuned perfect during the off season. Here are the parts it came with:

Juit Power Bolt
CP Short Reg
EigenRam
Stock Ram
Killa Bolt
HP and LP Poppet
Tadao Yakuza Oled board

Now, my first question is should I get the gun as close to stock as I can and tune it, then re-tune as I add parts? Or is it easier to get the whole setup on there and tune it? I have a LP tester, too.

The person I got it from admitted to not really being a great tuner so I am not sure how far off everything is. Is there any place to get some decent numbers for a base line tune and go from there?

I know what I am doing with guns, just never tuned a Timmy before...spare the noob talk and hit me with the good stuff
Advertisement
Old 12-24-2012, 08:25 PM #2
SKI008
Fear my Join Date

has been a member for 10 years
The reg was a waste of money. The stock 360 reg is better than the CP.

Go to the stickies, page 4. Follow the sweetspot guide. That's "the good stuff". Once you've got it sweet spotted, plug the tester in and see where the LPR is at. That way if you ever clean the regs you don't need to sweetspot again, just set the LPR to the proper pressure.
Old 12-24-2012, 08:36 PM #3
blueshifty
RIP: Underĝath

Make a reg pressure tester using an old asa and set the reg to ~200 psi, then zero out the LP reg and adjust to cycle + 1/8th turn (~60-70 psi). I agree with ski though that the CP isn't that great.
Old 12-24-2012, 10:10 PM #4
Six_Shooter
,,,(^_^),,,

I tried both a long and short CP reg on my Protege, and the stock 360 reg was my choice.

The CPs were both extremely consistent over the chrono, at low BPS, say 1 BPS, but as the ROF went up, there was noticible shoot down, where the 360 would stay up and consistent as it was at lower BPS.

If it were me, I would start with the Vice with all stock parts (except maybe the board), and tune that for optimum, use it that way for a couple weeks, then swap in the part that you think will make the most difference, re-tune and try it for a couple weeks, etc. You'll find a combination of parts that you like most, which maybe just be the stock set-up.

"Originally posted by gamer565: I can't believe its not butter, cause it sure shoots like it."

"Originally posted by lucasicool: im more excited than rebecca black on a thursday night!!!!"
Six_Shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 09:45 PM #5
Enter The Nutty

Enter The Nutty owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Enter The Nutty has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Thanks a ton for the input. Unfortunately I do not have all the stock parts, and the only reg I have is the CP. I just want to get this thing into decent performing shape. Picking up a barrel kit this week and I am thinking a new reg is gonna be my tax time gift to myself, lol.
Old 12-25-2012, 10:08 PM #6
blueshifty
RIP: Underĝath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enter The Nutty View Post
Thanks a ton for the input. Unfortunately I do not have all the stock parts, and the only reg I have is the CP. I just want to get this thing into decent performing shape. Picking up a barrel kit this week and I am thinking a new reg is gonna be my tax time gift to myself, lol.
That's the reason I told you to actually use a pressure tester to set the HPR.