Tarsier Slave

We are Sapien
Treghc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-07-2013, 03:11 PM #632
Volucris
asmuchtextastheywillallow

Well she does sound crazy with deep-seeded emotional problems so I imagine you would be.

Volucris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 03:56 PM #633
Treghc

Treghc is a Supporting Member
Treghc is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Treghc is a Forum Captain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volucris View Post
Well she does sound crazy with deep-seeded emotional problems so I imagine you would be.

lol

You know me too well

Tarsier Slave

We are Sapien
Treghc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 04:07 PM #634
Iamamartianchurch

Humanists always dig the wounded animals.
Iamamartianchurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 06:32 PM #635
Umami
"That guy"

Umami works for a Paintball manufacturer
Umami supports our troops
The paranoia is strong with this thread. Based on how you guys see things it seems wholly astonishing the UK and Australia aren't already totalitarian regimes.

I wonder how many of you actually read the blog. I'd bet Iamamartianchurch did, but beyond that it's hard to tell.
Old 02-08-2013, 12:13 AM #636
Seahawk6060

Evidently, killer Chris Dorner, the rogue ex-LAPD officer that they're looking for in California is an advocate for gun control. He quoted Mia Farrow, "Gun control is no longer debatable, it’s not a conversation, its a moral mandate.” He left a statement to Piers Morgan, "I want you to know that I agree with you 100% on enacting stricter firearm laws." Only in the mind of a progressive leftist could you at once be for gun control and at the same time go on a vengeful murderous rampage, killing innocent people along the way.

In other news, the gay, Floyd Lee Corkins II, pleaded guilty to three charges including a charge of committing an act of terrorism for storming into the Family Resource Council and shooting an unarmed security guard. He did this "to make a statement against the people who work in that building ... and with their stance against gay rights."

Nkosi Thandiwe shot dead 26-year-old Brittany Watts and injured two other women in the parking deck of the Proscenium building on July 15, 2011. He said, “I was trying to prove a point that Europeans had colonized the world, and as a result of that, we see a lot of evil today,” he said. “In terms of slavery, it was something that needed to be answered for. I was trying to spread the message of making white people mend.”

Maybe there is a middle ground when it comes to gun control - we disarm all the hate-filled leftists.
Seahawk6060 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 08:07 AM #637
Iamamartianchurch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seahawk6060 View Post
Evidently, killer Chris Dorner, the rogue ex-LAPD officer that they're looking for in California is an advocate for gun control. He quoted Mia Farrow, "Gun control is no longer debatable, it’s not a conversation, its a moral mandate.” He left a statement to Piers Morgan, "I want you to know that I agree with you 100% on enacting stricter firearm laws." Only in the mind of a progressive leftist could you at once be for gun control and at the same time go on a vengeful murderous rampage, killing innocent people along the way.

In other news, the gay, Floyd Lee Corkins II, pleaded guilty to three charges including a charge of committing an act of terrorism for storming into the Family Resource Council and shooting an unarmed security guard. He did this "to make a statement against the people who work in that building ... and with their stance against gay rights."

Nkosi Thandiwe shot dead 26-year-old Brittany Watts and injured two other women in the parking deck of the Proscenium building on July 15, 2011. He said, “I was trying to prove a point that Europeans had colonized the world, and as a result of that, we see a lot of evil today,” he said. “In terms of slavery, it was something that needed to be answered for. I was trying to spread the message of making white people mend.”

Maybe there is a middle ground when it comes to gun control - we disarm all the hate-filled leftists.
Old 02-08-2013, 08:24 AM #638
TheSilentAssassin
Words and Stuff

Quote:

Jimmy Lee Dykes says hello
Old 02-08-2013, 11:00 AM #639
chodeyg
sprezzatura

Quote:

Usually I let an angry fringe fellow like this just have his way, but I have to ask. Why do conservatives ooze hate filled rhetoric and then accuse the left of hate?

It's like a conservative can say all kinds of hateful stuff, and then point out some statement from a left leaning person that could be interpreted as racist or whatever, and use that as evidence that "they" are just as hateful too. Posters like freeenterprise and murph just to name some come to mind.
Old 02-08-2013, 11:08 AM #640
barrel roll
secedere

barrel roll is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
barrel roll is Legendary
I hadn't realized I oozed hate filled rhetoric. I do love pointing out the soft racism of the left, because hypocrisy is hilarious.
MQ2 rebuild kits, MP4 ram rebuilds, general 'cocker teching
Will soon be making super slick mid/half block bolts
barrel roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:11 AM #641
Iamamartianchurch

Exactly which portion of seahawks post was hateful?
Old 02-08-2013, 11:23 AM #642
barrel roll
secedere

barrel roll is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
barrel roll is Legendary
The part attributing negative connotations towards progressives?

No one really attributes anything negative to liberals.
MQ2 rebuild kits, MP4 ram rebuilds, general 'cocker teching
Will soon be making super slick mid/half block bolts
barrel roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:24 AM #643
chodeyg
sprezzatura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamamartianchurch View Post
Oh I don't know, talking about only a progressive leftist could go on a murderous rampage, etc??? That doesn't seem to be hateful to you, linking a rival political opinion to mass murder?

Idk if its the intentional density similar to a child asking "why" relentlessly, or maybe the pretentiousness, but it sure has gotten boring posting in here.
Old 02-08-2013, 12:06 PM #644
Iamamartianchurch

Quote:
Originally Posted by chodeyg View Post
Oh I don't know, talking about only a progressive leftist could go on a murderous rampage, etc??? That doesn't seem to be hateful to you, linking a rival political opinion to mass murder?

Idk if its the intentional density similar to a child asking "why" relentlessly, or maybe the pretentiousness, but it sure has gotten boring posting in here.
He didn't say "only a progressive leftist could go on a murderous rampage."

Those are your words dude. Read it again.
Old 02-08-2013, 12:09 PM #645
Space Pope

What he meant doesn't matter. The argument chodeyg wants to have is what matters.
Space Pope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:11 PM #646
Iamamartianchurch

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrel roll View Post
No one really attributes anything negative to liberals.
I'm not exactly a fan of the political and social philosophy that emerged from the 18th century and I generally make that known.
Old 02-08-2013, 02:34 PM #647
TheSilentAssassin
Words and Stuff

Quote:
He didn't say "only a progressive leftist could go on a murderous rampage."

Those are your words dude. Read it again.
Firstly, notice that chodeyg first post never said that seahawk's specific comment was hateful, just hypocritical. You were the first to assert that seahawk's specific post was hateful, not him. Then, he unwisely made the mistake of defending something that wasn't his original point (probably because he was backed into a corner). A thorough reading clearly shows that Chodeyg was commenting on the hypocrisy of someone posting hateful stuff (other posts) and then accusing the left of hate (this post).

Quote:
Originally Posted by chodeyg View Post
Usually I let an angry fringe fellow like this just have his way, but I have to ask. Why do conservatives ooze hate filled rhetoric and then accuse the left of hate?

It's like a conservative can say all kinds of hateful stuff, and then point out some statement from a left leaning person that could be interpreted as racist or whatever, and use that as evidence that "they" are just as hateful too. Posters like freeenterprise and murph just to name some come to mind.
Quote:
Chodeyg's second post was dumb, but he was responding to a dumb question. Seahawk's post wasn't hateful, just stupid, as shown below.

--

My analysis of Seahawk's initial post:

Quote:

He implied a connection between leftism and shooting when he linked the 3 anecdotes of men shooting people to their leftist views.
-He quoted Mia Farrow, "Gun control is no longer debatable, it’s not a conversation, its a moral mandate.”
-Only in the mind of a progressive leftist could you at once be for gun control and at the same time go on a vengeful murderous rampage, killing innocent people along the way.
-He did this "to make a statement against the people who work in that building ... and with their stance against gay rights."
-“I was trying to prove a point that Europeans had colonized the world, and as a result of that, we see a lot of evil today,” he said. “In terms of slavery, it was something that needed to be answered for. I was trying to spread the message of making white people mend.”

He also advocated that the solution was to "disarm all the hate-filled leftists" as if the leftism was the cause for their actions.

This is a silly argument because
1) 3 anecdotes means basically nothing. I can find 3 anecdotes of anything.
2) The implication that leftism is cause for mass shooting is silly. Every group has some bad apples. By that logic, I could find whiteness, blackness, republicanism, liberalism, Eskimo-ism as cause for mass shootings.
3) Overall, this post means almost nothing. It is a poor attempt at implying a connection that does not exist. It was a waste of internet space and should have been ignored.

Last edited by TheSilentAssassin : 02-08-2013 at 02:40 PM.
TheSilentAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 02:59 PM #648
Iamamartianchurch

I struggled at first with whether or not he was calling Seahawks post hateful. But I could not find a single reference to anything else which could be identified as hateful let alone relevantly hypocritical.

Last edited by Iamamartianchurch : 02-08-2013 at 03:05 PM.
Old 02-08-2013, 03:08 PM #649
TheSilentAssassin
Words and Stuff

"It's like a conservative can say all kinds of hateful stuff, and then point out some statement from a left leaning person that could be interpreted as racist or whatever"

He seemed to generalize from Seahawk to some arbitrary conservative who is hateful. As far as I am aware, Seahawks doesn't have a reputation for hateful posting around here, but then again I don't read other subs so maybe he does.
Old 02-08-2013, 03:20 PM #650
Iamamartianchurch

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilentAssassin View Post
"It's like a conservative can say all kinds of hateful stuff, and then point out some statement from a left leaning person that could be interpreted as racist or whatever"

He seemed to generalize from Seahawk to some arbitrary conservative who is hateful. As far as I am aware, Seahawks doesn't have a reputation for hateful posting around here, but then again I don't read other subs so maybe he does.
I don't know. I'll let chodeg speak for himself. The general impression I got was that seahawk either posted something hateful or is a hateful poster. Also, there seems to be a charge against seahawk for not patrolling other conservatives.

The second part is fairly interesting. It's as if the only way you are allowed to criticize another belief is if you actively police your own. Fail to do that and you magically become a hypocrite.

I never got the memo that I was supposed to be hypocrite police, let alone answer for the words and actions of those who believe the same as I do. I didn't know I had to do this before I could say things about those I disagree with. Granted, the list of people who see things as I see them is very, very short.
Old 02-08-2013, 09:30 PM #651
Seahawk6060

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilentAssassin View Post
...Every group has some bad apples.
You may be surprised by the idea, but I couldn't agree with you more. I just wanted to turn an argument around and see what kind of response it would elicit. It's usually the right that takes all the heat in the mainstream media for being hateful, racist, bigoted, and violent. I remember after Lochner shot Gabbard, the media went after Sarah Palin, Rush Limbaugh, and others for their "hate-speech," prompting calls from the left to tone down the rhetoric and get back to civility. The press didn't really bother with the facts and looked at every possible angle to pin it on the Tea Party. Never mind that Lochner's true politics remained vague. The George Zimmerman/Treyvon Martin case is another classic example of leftist ideologues rushing to judgment, always on the lookout for a racist white villain that they can offer up to the mob.

Yes, I took a shot at the left for their double-standards and their suppression of stories that don't quite fit their neat ideological view of the world. Note that one has to dig pretty deep to find the stories of Corkins and Thandiwe. If a Tea Party member perpetrated any of these acts the MSM would be all over it and it would be an international sensation for the next several weeks. There would be calls to control right-wing hate speech and lamentations that conservative media outlets are out of control. By contrast, if a committed leftist perpetrates a hateful, racist, and violent act it ends up on page nine of the Topeka Gazette or is otherwise buried as a "random act" of violence.

As you say, every group has some bad apples, but I wonder if you’ll wax so philosophically the next time there is an act of violence by someone on right against someone on the left? I know the media won’t.
Seahawk6060 is offline   Reply With Quote