Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-24-2012, 01:19 PM #43
licence2kill
POOP

Volucris, 12 of the 25 worst mass shootings have taken place in the U.S. over the past 50 years.
licence2kill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 01:21 PM #44
Overbear
#2 Anti Stim Club Member!

Overbear is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Think on this children.

We do not blaim cars for drunk drivers, why do we blaim guns for murderers?

Why, because the media has told you such. Guns are "evil" and they turn people into murders of children just by their very presence near you. You have been told anyone who wants a gun in their home has a mental problem. You have been told you don't need a gun, the police will protect you...and you, have believed them.
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms . . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes . . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man - Thomas Jefferson

A democracy is, two wolves and a sheep voting on dinner.
A republic is, two sheep and a wolf voting on dinner.
A constitutional republic is, voting on dinner is expressly forbidden and the sheep are armed.

Armed gays don't get bashed - www.pinkpistols.org

ssgaR: 'faith is the path of least resistance'."

Rapier7: Don't be a douche
Overbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 01:21 PM #45
licence2kill
POOP

Quote:
Originally Posted by custar View Post
Explain how a tax high enough on firearms to discourage their ownership does not violate the 2nd Amendment. Then, explain how you plan on collecting taxes from those who possess them and use them illegally. Granted, you will probably catch a handful who the store clerk, as he is being held up, tells the perp he has to pay a tax for having the gun, but I don't see how your plan will overall be effective in reducing gun crime. Those who are using guns illegally will not pay taxes on them.

Keep up the taxes, though. More taxes will solve all our problems. Tax mental health issues, and even those will go away, right?

custar
Old 12-24-2012, 01:22 PM #46
custar

And the worst school killing in U.S. history did not involve firearms. The worst two mass murders in U.S. history did not involve firearms.

custar

"That the said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United states who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms..."
Samuel Adams
Ave Caesar Obama! Tributituri ad moritus te salutant.

Looking for Action Markers Diadem Tanks for sale

Old feedback thread
custar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 01:23 PM #47
Overbear

Quote:
Originally Posted by licence2kill View Post
and why do you care? You don't seem to be upset by the 44,000 deaths a year due to car related events. That my friend is one every 13 min. of that 22% are children under 18.

Where is your outrage? Where is your "We need to ban cars!!!!!"
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms . . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes . . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man - Thomas Jefferson

A constitutional republic is, voting on dinner is expressly forbidden and the sheep are armed.

Old 12-24-2012, 01:24 PM #48
custar

A blog citation? From a link that doesn't cite a source? Really? Do you have something else?

custar

"That the said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United states who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms..."
Samuel Adams

Old feedback thread
Old 12-24-2012, 01:26 PM #49
licence2kill
POOP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overbear View Post
and why do you care? You don't seem to be upset by the 44,000 deaths a year due to car related events. That my friend is one every 13 min. of that 22% are children under 18.

I think the utility yielded from increased mobility outweighs the cost of accidents.

Luckily with more and more people moving into cities and using mass transit, and with self driving cars just around the bend, the car accident may be a thing of the past in just a few decades time.
Old 12-24-2012, 01:27 PM #50
licence2kill
POOP

Quote:
A blog citation? From a link that doesn't cite a source? Really? Do you have something else?

custar
http://www.motherjones.com/politics/...-shootings-map
Old 12-24-2012, 01:27 PM #51
custar

Quote:

Oh do come on now. Cars are shiny and fun to drive. They aren't scary at all. And they are made by an industry our glorious leader saved. Get with the program, man.

custar

Samuel Adams

Old feedback thread
Old 12-24-2012, 01:28 PM #52
BodyCount81
Jerrah

BodyCount81 supports Cereal Killerz 2
Quote:

custar
This is why every chart that he posts, I don't even bother reading.

"It's mine."
BodyCount81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 01:29 PM #53
licence2kill
POOP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BodyCount81 View Post
This is why every chart that he posts, I don't even bother reading.
Most of the charts I post come from the Federal Reserve.
Old 12-24-2012, 01:30 PM #54
Overbear

Quote:
I think the utility yielded from increased mobility outweighs the cost of accidents.

Luckily with more and more people moving into cities and using mass transit, and with self driving cars just around the bend, the car accident may be a thing of the past in just a few decades time.
and you would be 100% wrong. Car deaths have gone UP, not down over the last 10 years. Explain that son, explain to us all how a "gun" is evil but a car, that kills 44,000 people a year is not. When we look to national homicide rates, we see they are around 9000 per year. This includes knife, other weapon, and all gun deaths. Among the gun deaths they include sucides.

So, you have 44,000 deaths vs. 9000 minus 5000 give or take a few. Tell me again how "cars" are safe and good but guns are bad?

Old 12-24-2012, 01:33 PM #55
licence2kill
POOP

???

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-1...s-by-2015.html
Old 12-24-2012, 01:34 PM #56
licence2kill
POOP

Overbear, I don't think guns are "evil."

Stop trying to turn this into a morality play.
Old 12-24-2012, 01:35 PM #57
SniperForce-Duffek
Delta Farce

SniperForce-Duffek plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Volucris, 12 of the 25 worst mass shootings have taken place in the U.S. over the past 50 years.

Oh yea? Pretty sure Afghanistan, iraq, somalia and other equally ****ty countries have had more than there fair share of mass shootings in the past 50 yrs.

"May god have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't."
G.S.P
SniperForce-Duffek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 01:35 PM #58
Overbear

Quote:

This is about morals my ignorant friend. It is about the sheep of the country, people like you, who do what you are told when you are told and think as you are told. You put no thought of your own into things, you do not care about anyone elses views but your own. To you and your ilk, guns are "evil" and bad because some insane kid that should have been aborted in the first place, stole a gun and killed other kids. Therefor, lets blaim the gun not the parents and the person!

Old 12-24-2012, 01:38 PM #59
custar

Quote:
So, reading through the MoJo article, I found 12 instances in which the guns used were legally obtained by those who used them. Did I miss any?

custar

Samuel Adams

Old feedback thread
Old 12-24-2012, 01:39 PM #60
Overbear

Quote:
1)note: PROJECTED not fact
2)note: Includes all firearm actions, including accidents, suicides, police use, military use(on US soil including gun range accidents) and self defence. All that have zero to do with the murder rate.

Old 12-24-2012, 01:43 PM #61
licence2kill
POOP

Overbear, you said auto accidents are trending up, however that graph clearly shows that auto accidents are trending down. Car deaths are way down over the past 10 years.

The fact that given those trends more people in the U.S. will die by gunfire then by car accidents is interesting though.

Last edited by licence2kill : 12-24-2012 at 01:46 PM.
Old 12-24-2012, 01:48 PM #62
SniperForce-Duffek
Delta Farce

SniperForce-Duffek plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Overbear, you said auto accidents are trending up, however that graph clearly shows that auto accidents are trending down. Car deaths are clearly way down over the past 10 years.

The fact that given those trends more people in the U.S. will die by gunfire then by car accidents is interesting though.
I see nothing in your graph about accidents trending down. I see fatalities from accidents decreasing. Could that be due to technology that is increasingly becoming better at saving people's lives? Stop trying to bull****.

"May god have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't."
G.S.P
SniperForce-Duffek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 01:51 PM #63
licence2kill
POOP

cool, cause thats what we were talking about

nice try though, sniper

Quote:
and you would be 100% wrong. Car deaths have gone UP, not down over the last 10 years. Explain that son, explain to us all how a "gun" is evil but a car, that kills 44,000 people a year is not. When we look to national homicide rates, we see they are around 9000 per year. This includes knife, other weapon, and all gun deaths. Among the gun deaths they include sucides.

So, you have 44,000 deaths vs. 9000 minus 5000 give or take a few. Tell me again how "cars" are safe and good but guns are bad?