Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-24-2012, 12:06 PM #22
custar
 
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Norman, OK
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrel roll View Post
How to curb gun violence:

I will teach my children the value of life. I will be a father.
That would help, but by definition those mentally ill are deranged so likely have disconnected from such teachings. We cannot hardwire in respect for human life; it is wetware at best.

custar
__________________
Are the Geisterjagers over the top?
Well, let's just say "The Top" is barely a speck in our rear view mirror.


"That the said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United states who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms..."
Samuel Adams
Ave Caesar Obama! Tributituri ad moritus te salutant.

Looking for Action Markers Diadem Tanks for sale

Old feedback thread
custar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-24-2012, 12:09 PM #23
TheSilentAssassin
Words and Stuff
 
TheSilentAssassin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by custar View Post
That would help, but by definition those mentally ill are deranged so likely have disconnected from such teachings. We cannot hardwire in respect for human life; it is wetware at best.

custar
Some 85% of serial killers have a severe mental defect. I'm all for good values and whatever, but you simply can't "good parenting" past some things. They need to be identified young and treated/rehabilitated (or in the worst case taken care of).
__________________
“There are only two kinds of people, those who accept dogmas and know it, and those who accept dogmas and don’t know it.” – G. K. Chesterton - The Mercy of Mr. Arnold Bennett, Fancies vs. Fads
TheSilentAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 12:37 PM #24
barrel roll
secedere
 
barrel roll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: FL/GA border
barrel roll is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
barrel roll is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilentAssassin View Post
Some 85% of serial killers have a severe mental defect. I'm all for good values and whatever, but you simply can't "good parenting" past some things. They need to be identified young and treated/rehabilitated (or in the worst case taken care of).
Isn't that good parenting as well?
__________________
--- UNDRPRVLGD Goggle Straps n stuff ---
If this be treason, make the most of it.-Patrick Henry
I'm a damn veteran, I've got more rights and privileges than you do.
MQ2 rebuild kits, MP4 ram rebuilds, general 'cocker teching
Will soon be making super slick mid/half block bolts
barrel roll is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 12:46 PM #25
Tuff
Supports 2nd Amendment
 
Tuff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: NH
Tuff is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
The left needs to get their **** together, because they have no cohesive message. Check this idiot from NBC

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/...ol_691057.html



http://thepatriotperspective.wordpre...n-national-tv/

So, his own kids go to a school with guards, but doesn't want other people to have them? Oh, ok. He's too busy adhering to the liberal media's message that he forgot his own hypocrisy.

The right has had a slightly clearer message. My own thoughts are this: Local police should be the ones to post guard at schools. This should not be a government led security force, no "Homeland Security for Schools" or Blackwater or any **** like that. If we post guards at schools, we'll just see nut cases go into hospitals and shoot newborn babies, somewhere with less security. The main problem is the "Freedom of the Press" reporting this so excessively. The 1st Amendment should be in question (if any of them are to be), not the 2nd.
__________________
IrishMafia
Proud American
Tuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 01:22 PM #26
licence2kill
POOP
 
licence2kill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Orange County
So after every mass murder we're going to impose a media blackout? Are we going to have to shut down twitter and facebook too? Why not just do what every other rich nation does and regulate firearms more heavily?

**** american exceptionalism
licence2kill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 01:23 PM #27
SniperForce-Duffek
Delta Farce
 
SniperForce-Duffek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
SniperForce-Duffek plays in the APPA D5 division
You have all the answers.
__________________
Kick *** military apparel _ Mars Strategic

"May god have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't."
G.S.P
SniperForce-Duffek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 01:28 PM #28
ladd_17
bA What?!?
 
ladd_17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: The Nasti 'Nati
ladd_17 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
ladd_17 plays in the APPA D3 division
ladd_17 is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by licence2kill View Post
Why not just do what every other rich nation does and regulate firearms more heavily?
Because America specifically exists because men before us didn't want to live the way subjects in other nations have to live. I for one am thankful for the sacrifices they made to realize their dreams and will defend those freedoms at all costs.
__________________
ladd_17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 01:29 PM #29
licence2kill
POOP
 
licence2kill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Orange County
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladd_17 View Post
Because America specifically exists because men before us didn't want to live the way subjects in other nations have to live.
18th century Britain valued human rights more than we did...
licence2kill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 01:30 PM #30
ladd_17
bA What?!?
 
ladd_17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: The Nasti 'Nati
ladd_17 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
ladd_17 plays in the APPA D3 division
ladd_17 is Boss
Firearms are not a threat to human rights in anyone's mind but yours. If you want to do things the way the British do then move to Britain and leave us be.
__________________

Last edited by ladd_17 : 12-24-2012 at 01:33 PM.
ladd_17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 01:32 PM #31
licence2kill
POOP
 
licence2kill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Orange County
So what was your point then? What makes us so special?
licence2kill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 01:34 PM #32
ladd_17
bA What?!?
 
ladd_17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: The Nasti 'Nati
ladd_17 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
ladd_17 plays in the APPA D3 division
ladd_17 is Boss
The blood of the men who died to give us the freedoms we enjoy.
__________________
ladd_17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 01:36 PM #33
licence2kill
POOP
 
licence2kill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Orange County
The freedom to own slaves?
licence2kill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 01:43 PM #34
custar
 
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Norman, OK
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by licence2kill View Post
So after every mass murder we're going to impose a media blackout? Are we going to have to shut down twitter and facebook too? Why not just do what every other rich nation does and regulate firearms more heavily?
So how specifically would you regulate firearms more heavily?

custar
__________________
Are the Geisterjagers over the top?
Well, let's just say "The Top" is barely a speck in our rear view mirror.


"That the said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United states who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms..."
Samuel Adams
Ave Caesar Obama! Tributituri ad moritus te salutant.

Looking for Action Markers Diadem Tanks for sale

Old feedback thread
custar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 01:51 PM #35
licence2kill
POOP
 
licence2kill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Orange County
Banning the posession of firearms is probably out of the question, but I would impose heavy taxation on them to discourage their purchase and use on the margin.
licence2kill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 01:54 PM #36
Tuff
Supports 2nd Amendment
 
Tuff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: NH
Tuff is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by licence2kill View Post
So after every mass murder we're going to impose a media blackout?
Where did I say that? Oh right, I didn't. But Fox, NBC and CNN don't have to run with it 24/7 for 6 days straight. Or do they?

Reminds me of something you said

Quote:
Originally Posted by licence2kill View Post
Honestly, its pretty shocking just how bad the arguments are from you guys.
Pretty bad how bad your own argument is, because you think the answer is more regulation when the very media you listen to seems to have conflicting opinions on the matter.

You really need to leave this country. You don't like it here, and you should leave. Move to England with Piers Morgan, it's clearly more suited to your overly liberal views and that's the truth. You aren't American in any capacity except for the fact you were unfortunately born here and granted citizenship.

http://www.orbitz.com/flights/from-L...les-to-London/
__________________
IrishMafia
Proud American
Tuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 01:54 PM #37
licence2kill
POOP
 
licence2kill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Orange County
You blamed the media tuff. Try and keep up.
licence2kill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 01:55 PM #38
Tuff
Supports 2nd Amendment
 
Tuff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: NH
Tuff is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by licence2kill View Post
Banning the posession of firearms is probably out of the question, but I would impose heavy taxation on them to discourage their purchase and use on the margin.
Bold word choice - noted.

Heavy taxes on them - wants gang members to have them, not people defending themselves. Is OK with Obama having guns to defend his family though. Hey if we ban guns, then Secret Service wouldn't need them in theory. It's safe in America. Arm them with nunchucks, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by licence2kill View Post
You blamed the media tuff. Try and keep up.
And I stand by that. You incorrectly stated I wanted a blackout. You were corrected.

You try and keep up. Or put me back on ignore and acknowledge that you can't handle me in a debate.
__________________
IrishMafia
Proud American
Tuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 01:56 PM #39
licence2kill
POOP
 
licence2kill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Orange County
To Tuff the only real americans are those who buy tickets to Ted Nugent concerts.
licence2kill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 02:02 PM #40
Tuff
Supports 2nd Amendment
 
Tuff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: NH
Tuff is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by licence2kill View Post
To Tuff the only real americans are those who buy tickets to Ted Nugent concerts.


Translation: "I have no reply, and have to resort to my trademark one liners because I'm losing the battle of wits"

You seriously have views that make you more of an Englishman. Move to England if Piers Morgan speaks for you. We like guns here in America. We like the ability to defend ourselves when people try and rob us. You don't care because you're from liberal California, where these types of robberies never happen I guess.

Oh wait

http://www.kcra.com/news/3-wounded-o...z/-/index.html

Man defends children from a home invasion. In California. Carl wants them to not have that ability.

Props Carl, you baked bozo. No comment about Gregory and his double standards eh? Call your pal Bill...I mean George (according to Shakey) for backup.
__________________
IrishMafia
Proud American

Last edited by Tuff : 12-24-2012 at 02:06 PM.
Tuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 02:08 PM #41
Volucris
asmuchtextastheywillallow
 
Volucris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Nashville
Everybody wants to blame something other than the perpetrators. Mass murders are still an anomaly (you cannot compare the stats from the U.S. to other countries with 1/5 the population and completely different cultures and racial demographics). Shootings in the news appearing to increase after mass murders is simple confirmation bias. The **** with firefighters today happens on occasion. For whatever reason inner cities minorities hate firefighters, hate postal workers, and hate utility repairmen (an AT&T guy had his head beaten in by a gangbanger in KC this summer for repairing a phone box).

L2K is just a troll. Ignore him for he is nothing more than a moron trying to push an agenda without strong evidence to support any of it.
Volucris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 02:17 PM #42
custar
 
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Norman, OK
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by licence2kill View Post
Banning the posession of firearms is probably out of the question, but I would impose heavy taxation on them to discourage their purchase and use on the margin.
Explain how a tax high enough on firearms to discourage their ownership does not violate the 2nd Amendment. Then, explain how you plan on collecting taxes from those who possess them and use them illegally. Granted, you will probably catch a handful who the store clerk, as he is being held up, tells the perp he has to pay a tax for having the gun, but I don't see how your plan will overall be effective in reducing gun crime. Those who are using guns illegally will not pay taxes on them.

Keep up the taxes, though. More taxes will solve all our problems. Tax mental health issues, and even those will go away, right?

custar
__________________
Are the Geisterjagers over the top?
Well, let's just say "The Top" is barely a speck in our rear view mirror.


"That the said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United states who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms..."
Samuel Adams
Ave Caesar Obama! Tributituri ad moritus te salutant.

Looking for Action Markers Diadem Tanks for sale

Old feedback thread
custar is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump