Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-23-2012, 03:20 AM #1
winniethedrew

*Pump Paintball...the newest love of my life.*

If you are trying to decide whether or not to get into pump paintball, please read this. Hopefully this will help you jump into a new world of paintball which I have found to be pretty damn awesome. Its a pretty long post, so hang in there..it'll be worth it. I promise.

This is the story of my new best friend, pump paintball.

I had been considering getting into pump play for quite some time. I decided to take the plunge. Having NEVER had played pump, I picked up an Azodin KP and a 100 round hopper. Little did I know, this turned out to be one of the best purchases I've ever made.

So here comes my first day of play with a pump gun. It was a pretty big turnout for a rec ball walk on day, so I was pumped. Haha, get it? Awful..I know. Anyways, I buy a case and play 3 games with my Axe to warm up a little..get the juices flowing. I shot a little over two bags in those 3 games. Then, I played my first ever game with a pump gun.

In my first game, I shot one player out. No, not impressive by any means. However, this one elimination gave me a greater sense of accomplishment and a bigger adrenaline rush than my last 20 kills shooting 12 and a half balls per second with my Axe.

This reason alone made me instantly fall in love with pump paintball. BUT WAIT, theres more...

Paintball is expensive. SUPER expensive. And lets face it, I'm broke, you're broke, everyones f***in broke. That first day using my new KP, I shot as much as I could. Literally, as much as I could. My arm was sore at the end of the day from pumping so much. Remember, after those first 3 games with my Axe I shot over 2 bags. The rest of the day, I probably played about 7 games of woodsball and 3 games of hyperball with my pump gun. At the the end of the day, I still had paint left. Now I can play on days that Im short on cash, and thats a HUGE plus.

In conclusion: I love pump paintball. This first eye opening day was about 4 months ago, and my passion for pump play has grown exponentially. The challenge of playing at a constant disadvantage to douchebag 15 year olds shooting their GEOs and DMs brings me so much more adrenaline. Then, shooting out those same 15 year olds provides me with a sense of accomplishment that is unmatched from any game I've ever played with my Axe. Speaking of my Axe, the ex-love of my life, I adore pump paintball so much, I've even been considering trading it for a CCM T2. Not to mention, the economic advantages. Being able to play the game that allows me to escape from my otherwise stressful life when I am low on cash makes pump play worth it in itself.

I apologize for the long, drawn out post, but I've got to tell all those players on the fence about pump paintball what I wish someone would've told me a looong time ago.

Play pump. Love pump. Live pump.

NC State Wolfpack Paintball

Pump>

Last edited by winniethedrew : 12-23-2012 at 03:30 AM.
winniethedrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-23-2012, 03:31 AM #2
mister2driver
This is my PUMP BADGE

mister2driver plays in the PSP
mister2driver plays in the APPA D4 division
mister2driver has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
mister2driver supports Empire
Get the T2, you won't regret it. I own one too.
Glad you found something new you love. Keep at it and good luck.

Peace-

KAMANDAG Bang Out Games @ WARPED & AMBUSH

mister2driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 09:05 AM #3
ART OF PUMP

Old 12-23-2012, 10:02 AM #4
gospeedgo1

i would hold off a little longer on selling your electro marker. if you find yourself only using your pump, the money savings over time will be enough to purchase or build a nice pump especially since it sounds like you were a 2 case a day or more shooter with the axe.
gospeedgo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 02:30 PM #5
winniethedrew

good idea,thanks man

Pump>
Old 12-23-2012, 03:42 PM #6
BassDude

Glad to hear you are enjoying it so much!
I've played exclusively pump for awhile now. Any semi just doesn't feel right in my hands.

Now go practice your snap shot! That is THE most important element of pump play.
BassDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 09:06 PM #7
turbowagonman
Old school from way back!

I used to play tourney ball back in the late 90's but I had a Sterling pump as my "back-up" gun for rec ball play. Then life came along and I sold everything except for my pump. In August my daughter talked me back into playing ball after an 10+ year break so I went to my local field and rented her a semi and I ran with my pump all day we had a great time. Well I picked up a PM7 for her to run with and she loves the gun but I've also played on days without her and I ran with the PM7, to be truthful I love my pump so much mid-day I switched back to my Sterling and have never looked back. I can totally understand what you mean buy shooting someone out with only one round is much more gratifying that the spray-and-pray method of the semi-auto's!
turbowagonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 08:43 AM #8
Castro #66
Not a Moderator*

Annual Supporting Member
Castro #66 is a Supporting Member
Castro #66 is playing at Living Legends VII
Castro #66 supports Bob Gurnsey
Castro #66 is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
Castro #66 is Legendary
Castro #66 is attending Decay of Nations VII
Most people will tell you not to sell your semi, but I say choose for yourself. It won't be an easy road to lack that back-up crutch, but if you really don't want to play semi again, maybe it's the way to go. I, for one, can't stand playing semi anymore. I get bored with anything but a pump gun, and usually end up getting shot for being lazy.

Choose for yourself.

Castro #66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 10:43 AM #9
Swanie08
BennyBeNastyy

Annual Supporting Member
Swanie08 supports Cereal Killerz 2
Swanie08 supports Team VICIOUS
Swanie08 supports Empire
I sold my Axe for an S6 and it was the best decision of my paintball career. I met an amazing group of guys in VA (Rockin' Cocks) and they took me under their wing and I began to play pump constantly. I'll get a semi down the road but I feel like pump requires so much more skill when it comes to picking and choosing your shots.

You won't regret the switch, I promise you that. If you want to sell your electro, go for it. If you don't, then you'll always have that backup to shoot betches. Either way have fun with it and enjoy the game for what it is.
Old 12-24-2012, 01:10 PM #10
R3DF0X
WHY!?

R3DF0X plays in the APPA D5 division
R3DF0X has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
R3DF0X supports DLX Technology
sounds like i need to try this whole pump gun thing out since ya'll make it sound way more fun.
R3DF0X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 01:11 PM #11
winniethedrew

It is way more fun. Haha forreal

Pump>
Old 01-03-2013, 11:47 AM #12
thekyleaggie
YOU SEE THIS KNIFE...!?!

Annual Supporting Member
I've bounced back and forth multiple times (currently bouncing again: see sig sales link), and I can never seem to stop enjoying pump more. The challenge and pump brotherhood are more of a draw, and it just makes the game feel the way it was intended to be played.
Old 01-03-2013, 12:23 PM #13
Phantom_Dave

I have a CCM S6 and just sold my EGO 07. I would bring it to the field every week but I have not taken it out of my truck for almost a year. I would suggest you keep it for a little while just to be sure you don't change your mind.

Either way, welcome to the dark side.
Phantom_Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 01:55 PM #14
SkY77
Skynye

SkY77 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
SkY77 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
just got a KP myself to tryout pump too , getting a 100 round hopper and going in a few weeks

SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA
<3

Scammed by Chuninmaster
SkY77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 12:33 AM #15
WreckBalla
SD

WreckBalla is playing at Living Legends VI
WreckBalla has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
WreckBalla has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
WreckBalla supports DLX Technology
Awesome story, just took the plunge and bought myself the empire sniper. I know i will love it!
LIFE STYLE ,You air up the marker, put on the gloves, strap on the mask, and walk onto the field.. it doesn't matter that you failed a test, that your girlfriend broke up with you last night, or that you got a ticket on the way there... your world is right for the next couple hours, this is your heaven on earth.. live it.. love it.. Paintball....
WreckBalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:07 PM #16
TheHoneyBadger
Front player SHPK sting

TheHoneyBadger supports Team VICIOUS
TheHoneyBadger supports Pev's Paintball
TheHoneyBadger has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I haveb never loved an inanimate object more than my empire sniper

Party in the front, buisness in the back. Exactly why I play front.
Make sure to subscribe to me on youtube: Sean60001
TheHoneyBadger is offline   Reply With Quote