Hot Nuts22
Bangarang

Hot Nuts22 is playing at Living Legends VI
Hot Nuts22 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Hot Nuts22 supports Team VICIOUS
Hot Nuts22 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by minimag03 View Post
How is the Axe Mid-end and the Mini Low-end when they are basically the same gun?

And how exactly is the Axe more reliable than the Mini? If ya wanna get technical the Mini could be called more reliable than the Axe for two reasons. The Mini uses a Hall effect sensor to activate the gun, not a microswtich. Microswitches can wear out after being used a lot. I've had it happen to be on my 2k3 Trama Maxtrix, it had massive run-away bounce. The Axe also had more parts that could be broken or lost than the Mini. Like on the back of the bolt and more parts AND orings in the on/off.

It's more preference than anything. In reality, one is just as reliable as the other and they shoot very similar to eachother.
i just meant that it was empire's lower end gun as seen by their pricing. my results with guns on the lower end of a company's totem pole has been reliability and durability issues.
"Whitness" fan #7
BPG
aXe MEN
"I'm a back line battlefield commander. Then I rush up the gut and bunker as many people as I can to steal the glory from my front players.
#hashbrown yolo fish swag." -Kazer
Hot Nuts22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-02-2013, 11:27 AM #23
minimag03

has been a member for 10 years
minimag03 is an NCPA player
minimag03 plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Nuts22 View Post
i just meant that it was empire's lower end gun as seen by their pricing. my results with guns on the lower end of a company's totem pole has been reliability and durability issues.
Empire offers a lifetime warrenty on their markers, so the last thing they want to do is fix a gun 5 different times just because they didn't produce it right in the first place. I really doubt there is any different in tolerances between the Empire Mini and Axe. They are probably made in the same factory and on the same machines.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:31 AM #24
Hot Nuts22
Bangarang

Quote:
Originally Posted by minimag03 View Post
Empire offers a lifetime warrenty on their markers, so the last thing they want to do is fix a gun 5 different times just because they didn't produce it right in the first place. I really doubt there is any different in tolerances between the Empire Mini and Axe. They are probably made in the same factory and on the same machines.
its not just about the gun breaking..
"Whitness" fan #7
BPG
aXe MEN
"I'm a back line battlefield commander. Then I rush up the gut and bunker as many people as I can to steal the glory from my front players.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:41 AM #25
minimag03

Quote:
its not just about the gun breaking..
So what else did you mean when you said "reliability and durability issues"?

I think your're totally missing the point of what I said. My point was that Empire is going to produce the Mini to the same standards of the Axe because it's good business. Otherwise, they would be spending more on warranty repairs that could have been prevented in the production process by making a better product with better tolerances. It doesn't make sense to offer a gun with "reliability and durability issues" (or whatever you were talking about), if they will have to fix it for free.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:45 AM #26
neo2000x

neo2000x supports our troops
The biggest difference between the Mini and Axe is the size. They are built off of the same platform and shoot very similar. In terms of reliability, they are also about the same. I know people love the Axe, and they should, but don't forget that the Mini was an awesome shooting gun before the Axe came out.

Since the kid is 14, the Mini may feel better in his hands than the Axe. Have him hold both and see what he likes better. That should be the deciding factor.
neo2000x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:45 AM #27
Hot Nuts22
Bangarang

accuracy issues, air consumption, stuff like that. guna power is a big thing ive noticed, like at the chrono youll get some fps spikes with the lower end guns that you wont get with higher end guns. i guess those are the thigns i meant when i said reliability.
"Whitness" fan #7
BPG
aXe MEN
Old 01-02-2013, 11:46 AM #28
Hot Nuts22
Bangarang

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo2000x View Post
The biggest difference between the Mini and Axe is the size. They are built off of the same platform and shoot very similar. In terms of reliability, they are also about the same. I know people love the Axe, and they should, but don't forget that the Mini was an awesome shooting gun before the Axe came out.

Since the kid is 14, the Mini may feel better in his hands than the Axe. Have him hold both and see what he likes better. That should be the deciding factor.
good point.
"Whitness" fan #7
BPG
aXe MEN
Old 01-02-2013, 12:02 PM #29
minimag03

Quote:
accuracy issues, air consumption, stuff like that. guna power is a big thing ive noticed, like at the chrono youll get some fps spikes with the lower end guns that you wont get with higher end guns. i guess those are the thigns i meant when i said reliability.
They are both basically the same design, with the same regulator, made with the same parts. One shouldn't be anymore efficient or consistent than the other unless there is an issue. The Mini was $400+ when it was released too.

Remember when Proto made the PM8 and Dye made the DM8? The Proto's were actually more efficient and had less recoil because the smaller bolt. The PM8 performed so well that Dye stopped making them because people were buying them instead of the DMs. And guess what kind of bolt ended up in the DM9? The same bolt that was in the PM8 the year before. Cheaper doesn't always mean lower quality.
Old 01-02-2013, 12:07 PM #30
Hot Nuts22
Bangarang

yeah that's a good point. i'm just always getting the less-priced gun because of bad experience but that is a really good point about the pm's.
"Whitness" fan #7
BPG
aXe MEN
Old 01-03-2013, 07:03 PM #31
2pipes
Legend in my own MIND

2pipes owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
2pipes supports Team VICIOUS
2pipes has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
2pipes supports DLX Technology
Axe the on/off ASA will be much easier to remove the HPA tank

Ronnie Dixon fan club #30
2pipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:12 PM #32
davidj629

Well if your son has small hands and a small body then get him a mini it's way less pricy and the axe is just a bigger gun I have a mini bc I'm small so I can be in small bunkers such as the snake, small cake etc but if he's a big kid with big hands then I would recommend the axe the axe is just a bigger mini but if he can't use the mini bc of his size the get him an axe I hope that was helpful
davidj629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 01:41 PM #33
kawadawg140

kawadawg140 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
kawadawg140 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
axe + cash
kawadawg140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 12:02 AM #34
luckyxero

Get the axe now. If not, he will ask for it a year from now after wanting to upgrade the mini. I doubt if he will ever go from an axe to a mini. Save yourself a trip to the store and a posting on ebay (or here).
luckyxero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:37 AM #35
SNAKESNIPER (Banned)

The Axe has a larger air chamber than the Mini.
SNAKESNIPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 05:29 PM #36
minimag03

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNAKESNIPER View Post
The Axe has a larger air chamber than the Mini.
Both have a very large reservoirs in the air transfer tubes so a larger air chamber really doesn't affect anything. If anything, the male transfer tube on the Axe restricts flow compared to the Minis male transfer tube because the insert in it. I don't know what the point of the insert is, I'd guess to help it seal better?
Old 01-07-2013, 02:40 PM #37
Italian Mafia Shots
Wut

Annual Supporting Member
Italian Mafia Shots supports Empire
As a reference, I'm 5'7 and a mini fits me fine. I'll be getting a grip extender in the future but it's by no means a game changer.
Italian Mafia Shots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 05:05 PM #38
Bosch
BST lurker

Bosch has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Bosch has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
AXE, the ASA alone is worth it. Axe shoots more level, is great on air. Iv'e owned both and even though they are in the same family, the Axe is smoother. My 2 cents.
Bosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 05:12 PM #39
liampen105
Victory through Honor!

liampen105 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
liampen105 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I love playing with my mini, it shoots great and gives me no problems, Ive had it since they first came out. I continue to use it as my main marker when I play. That being said, if I was to buy one now, I'd probably buy an Axe. A few of my teammates have it and they love playing with them. That being said Ive only heard good things about both, difference is price. Hopefully this helps.

Proudly Sponsored by: my wife... Squeaktoy...
liampen105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:25 PM #40
phillipBrges

I'm 14 and got one for Christmas and it was great and I can use it until I get into speedball, it's very reliable. A good beginner speedball gun too. Don't get the mini an End up paying 700$ or more
phillipBrges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:48 PM #41
Italian Mafia Shots
Wut

Annual Supporting Member
Italian Mafia Shots supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillipBrges View Post
I'm 14 and got one for Christmas and it was great and I can use it until I get into speedball, it's very reliable. A good beginner speedball gun too. Don't get the mini an End up paying 700$ or more
Do you have any idea what you're talking about?
Italian Mafia Shots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 01:29 PM #42
Ruben808
RobbinRuben

Ruben808 owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
Ruben808 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Ruben808 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
There isnt really a big difference between the Axe and the Mini. The only clear differences are the style of the gun (The Axe is more smoother while the Mini has a lot of sharp edges) and how the Axe has an On/Off ASA which is the main difference.
Ruben808 is offline   Reply With Quote