Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

View Poll Results: Should teachers be allowed to carry?
Yes, with the requirements listed. 21 43.75%
Yes, but only administration and office personel 2 4.17%
Yes, with just a CC license/permit 12 25.00%
No, but they should be able to leave their weapons in their vehicles 2 4.17%
No way 11 22.92%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-23-2012, 08:42 PM #85
ElJefe13
 
 
ElJefe13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Utah
ElJefe13 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
ElJefe13 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
ElJefe13 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake360 View Post

If you actually cared about people dying then you would be complaining that cars aren't safe enough, since far more people die from cars than by guns. The fact that you don't proves you don't care how many people die, you just don't like guns because you're a pansy liberal who goes along with whatever msnbc tells you.
Cars, smoking, and suicides each kill more people than guns each year. Do we see more legislation against smoking? Against cars? Do we see more help for suicidal people? Not really. Liberals are pushing this because it'll make headlines and get them reelected. Republicans are saying the opposite for the same reasons. The political garbage politicians are spewing has nothing to do with the issues, and everything to do with their own personal power.
__________________
Women are like Wookies; you always let them win.
ElJefe13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 08:58 PM #86
The Inflicted
.detcilfnI ehT
 
The Inflicted's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Chattanooga, TN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford View Post
In the North Hollywood shootout, the attackers couldn't care less how many cops with guns were on sight.
That's because Phillips and Mătăsăreanu were bank robbers, not mass murderers in the sense that we're discussing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford View Post
Columbine had armed police officers on campus and immediately after the attack began, and they had no impact.
True enough, but you have to remember that the police on the scene at Columbine initially made little effort to confront the killers, they merely worked to contain the perimeter, as per commonly-accepted police doctrine at the time. The ensuing massacre lead to a complete reworking of police protocol in "active shooter" situations.
The Inflicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 09:28 PM #87
marcozombie
 
 
marcozombie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Tejas!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElJefe13 View Post

Cars, smoking, and suicides each kill more people than guns each year. Do we see more legislation against smoking? Against cars? Do we see more help for suicidal people? Not really. Liberals are pushing this because it'll make headlines and get them reelected. Republicans are saying the opposite for the same reasons. The political garbage politicians are spewing has nothing to do with the issues, and everything to do with their own personal power.
Wow, you and Blake believe cars and tobacco are not regulated. Cars have safety systems Built in (from design) to help save lives in case of misuse. This comparing cars to guns is complete bull****... Lets stop pretending the intended use and design of these two things are equal.
__________________
I am for freedom of religion, & against all maneuvres to bring about a legal ascendancy of one sect over another.]-- Thomas Jefferson, letter to Elbridge Gerry, 1799http://abaddoncomic.com/
marcozombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 09:35 PM #88
Blake360
 
 
Blake360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Socal
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcozombie View Post
Wow, you and Blake believe cars and tobacco are not regulated. Cars have safety systems Built in (from design) to help save lives in case of misuse. This comparing cars to guns is complete bull****... Lets stop pretending the intended use and design of these two things are equal.
If the intended use of cars isn't to kill people, than why do they kill more people than guns where the intended use of guns is to kill people according to you? This should tell you that either guns are much safer than cars, or cars are much more dangerous than guns. Either way, it doesn't look very good for your argument, so it's no surprise you don't want to talk about it.
Blake360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 09:59 PM #89
ElJefe13
 
 
ElJefe13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Utah
ElJefe13 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
ElJefe13 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
ElJefe13 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcozombie View Post

Wow, you and Blake believe cars and tobacco are not regulated. Cars have safety systems Built in (from design) to help save lives in case of misuse. This comparing cars to guns is complete bull****... Lets stop pretending the intended use and design of these two things are equal.
I didn't say they weren't regulated. They're regulated similarly to how guns are regulated.
__________________
Women are like Wookies; you always let them win.
ElJefe13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 10:07 PM #90
spracks21
Zap Rowsdower
 
spracks21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Lincoln, NE
spracks21 plays in the PSP
spracks21 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
spracks21 supports Team VICIOUS
spracks21 plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake360 View Post
If the intended use of cars isn't to kill people, than why do they kill more people than guns where the intended use of guns is to kill people according to you? This should tell you that either guns are much safer than cars, or cars are much more dangerous than guns. Either way, it doesn't look very good for your argument, so it's no surprise you don't want to talk about it.
Probably because virtually everybody has, and uses, a car....what was your point again?
__________________
Aimless Factory
#21

Last edited by spracks21 : 12-23-2012 at 10:10 PM.
spracks21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 10:15 PM #91
marcozombie
 
 
marcozombie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Tejas!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake360 View Post

If the intended use of cars isn't to kill people...
TapdancingChrist...
__________________
I am for freedom of religion, & against all maneuvres to bring about a legal ascendancy of one sect over another.]-- Thomas Jefferson, letter to Elbridge Gerry, 1799http://abaddoncomic.com/
marcozombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 02:31 AM #92
SniperForce-Duffek
Delta Farce
 
SniperForce-Duffek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
SniperForce-Duffek plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by chodeyg View Post
Too young to buy a weapon, too reclusive to use a friends. Of course this is just this case.
Too young to buy a handgun, not too young to buy a long gun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford View Post
Neither High capacity rounds, or more guns on campus have any evidence backing up that they would make any impact.
And you have no evidence that they wouldn't. What is your point?
__________________
Kick *** military apparel _ Mars Strategic

"May god have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't."
G.S.P
SniperForce-Duffek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 03:00 AM #93
Blake360
 
 
Blake360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Socal
Quote:
Originally Posted by spracks21 View Post
Probably because virtually everybody has, and uses, a car....what was your point again?
How is that an excuse for being okay with the fact that they kill far more people than guns do?
Blake360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 03:04 AM #94
spracks21
Zap Rowsdower
 
spracks21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Lincoln, NE
spracks21 plays in the PSP
spracks21 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
spracks21 supports Team VICIOUS
spracks21 plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake360 View Post
How is that an excuse for being okay with the fact that they kill far more people than guns do?
I'm not ok with that. But I also don't want to ban all cars, just like I don't want to ban all guns. But the idea (You can let me know if this is not your position) that more guns will lead to less gun violence, seems to be in direct conflict with the car analogy you used earlier. While I am not against banning the use of cars, doing so would decrease the amount of car deaths per year, obviously. But, we need cars for transportation, which is their designed purpose. We don't need over the top weapons that are designed to kill efficiently, in civillian hands, in every day modern society. Citizens are not going to be armed as well as the military, and that's just how it is. We won't allow millionaires to buy tanks and black hawks, or average Americans to buy RPGs. Deal with it.
__________________
Aimless Factory
#21

Last edited by spracks21 : 12-24-2012 at 03:11 AM.
spracks21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 03:07 AM #95
licence2kill
POOP
 
licence2kill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Orange County
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaNeo36 View Post
I'm never going to agree to ban sales to people like his mother. In my eyes, the school shooting was unavoidable from a firearm legislative perspective and comes with the territory of right to ownership.
You should support a gun tax then.
licence2kill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 03:09 AM #96
Blake360
 
 
Blake360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Socal
Quote:
Originally Posted by spracks21 View Post
I'm not ok with that. But I also don't want to ban all cars, just like I don't want to ban all guns. But the idea (You can let me know if this is not your position) that more guns will lead to less gun violence, seems to be in direct conflict with the car analogy you used earlier.
That's not an accurate comparison because you can't defend yourself from someone driving their car into you, unlike the case is with guns.
Blake360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 03:10 AM #97
Blake360
 
 
Blake360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Socal
Quote:
Originally Posted by licence2kill View Post
You should support a gun tax then.
If you think the government should get even more money, you're free to give them your own. Nobody's stopping you.
Blake360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 03:19 AM #98
spracks21
Zap Rowsdower
 
spracks21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Lincoln, NE
spracks21 plays in the PSP
spracks21 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
spracks21 supports Team VICIOUS
spracks21 plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake360 View Post
That's not an accurate comparison because you can't defend yourself from someone driving their car into you, unlike the case is with guns.
So you agree that the entire car-gun analogy is bull**** then?
__________________
Aimless Factory
#21
spracks21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 03:23 AM #99
Blake360
 
 
Blake360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Socal
Quote:
Originally Posted by spracks21 View Post
So you agree that the entire car-gun analogy is bull**** then?
No, because my analogy actually made sense. Your analogy was not the same as mine. The fact that the subject was cars in both cases doesn't mean it was the same analogy. Hone up on your reading skills before replying.
Blake360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 03:30 AM #100
SniperForce-Duffek
Delta Farce
 
SniperForce-Duffek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
SniperForce-Duffek plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by spracks21 View Post
We won't allow millionaires to buy tanks and black hawks, or average Americans to buy RPGs. Deal with it.
Who's we? If you have the money, you can buy any of those as a civilian. You won't have the military electronics on the blackhawk but you'll get the bird. As far as the RPG goes, all NFA rules apply. Did I mention you can buy a tank too?

http://www.armyjeeps.net/armor1.htm
http://www.thehighroad.org/archive/i.../t-527225.html
__________________
Kick *** military apparel _ Mars Strategic

"May god have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't."
G.S.P
SniperForce-Duffek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 03:34 AM #101
spracks21
Zap Rowsdower
 
spracks21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Lincoln, NE
spracks21 plays in the PSP
spracks21 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
spracks21 supports Team VICIOUS
spracks21 plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake360 View Post
No, because my analogy actually made sense. Your analogy was not the same as mine. The fact that the subject was cars in both cases doesn't mean it was the same analogy. Hone up on your reading skills before replying.
Your analogy did not make sense either, hate to break it to you. Which is why cars and guns are not equatable. They serve different functions, require different precautions for safe use, and are not used in the same numbers and environments. For example, cars are used every day by most people in the US. Guns are not. If you need pictures to tell the difference between a gun and a car, I will oblige.
__________________
Aimless Factory
#21
spracks21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 03:38 AM #102
spracks21
Zap Rowsdower
 
spracks21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Lincoln, NE
spracks21 plays in the PSP
spracks21 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
spracks21 supports Team VICIOUS
spracks21 plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperForce-Duffek View Post
Who's we? If you have the money, you can buy any of those as a civilian. You won't have the military electronics on the blackhawk but you'll get the bird. As far as the RPG goes, all NFA rules apply. Did I mention you can buy a tank too?

http://www.armyjeeps.net/armor1.htm
http://www.thehighroad.org/archive/i.../t-527225.html
Can you fire the cannon, buy the ammo, and drive them around the streets? Should you be able to? Can you buy the black hawk as it is equipped, guns and all, and fly it around wherever you want? Should you be able to? What about bomber drones? Should civilians be able to own and use these?

If you are taking the position that there should be no limit to the kind of arms civilians can buy, then you are either stupid or a nutcase. Would you really want to live in a society where the richest Americans can legally purchase tanks and air craft bombers, and essentially build their own private armies?
__________________
Aimless Factory
#21
spracks21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 03:40 AM #103
SniperForce-Duffek
Delta Farce
 
SniperForce-Duffek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
SniperForce-Duffek plays in the APPA D5 division
It was to prove that you don't know what you are talking about. You said "we won't allow..." when 'we' clearly do.
__________________
Kick *** military apparel _ Mars Strategic

"May god have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't."
G.S.P
SniperForce-Duffek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 03:44 AM #104
spracks21
Zap Rowsdower
 
spracks21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Lincoln, NE
spracks21 plays in the PSP
spracks21 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
spracks21 supports Team VICIOUS
spracks21 plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperForce-Duffek View Post
It was to prove that you don't know what you are talking about. You said "we won't allow..." when 'we' clearly do.
We legally allow fully equipped military vehicles and RPGs to be used and purchased by civilians? We allow people to raise private armies, with equal resources as our national military? (Don't pretend you didn't know I meant that we can't buy these military items with the attatched weaponry. That's the whole damn discussion. Arms/weaponry. We aren't talking about ways to joyride.
__________________
Aimless Factory
#21

Last edited by spracks21 : 12-24-2012 at 03:47 AM.
spracks21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 04:07 AM #105
SniperForce-Duffek
Delta Farce
 
SniperForce-Duffek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
SniperForce-Duffek plays in the APPA D5 division
What you meant and what you said are two very different things. And yes, a civilian can own RPGs, grenades and m2 .50 cal machine guns with the right paperwork and cash to support it. Know how easy it is to stick a 50 cal on a civilian blackhawk? It's not that hard. Pretty sure there was an m114 for sale in those links for 70k. While it doesn't come with a canon, it's still fully equipped, minus military tracking systems.
__________________
Kick *** military apparel _ Mars Strategic

"May god have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't."
G.S.P
SniperForce-Duffek is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump