PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-20-2012, 11:02 PM #1
offthahorse

offthahorse has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
offthahorse has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Is this a QEV or just a different type of fitting?

This piece is in my ion. I'm not an ion expert but it looked eerily live a QEV, also swivels around.
Assuming it IS a QEV, isn't it supposed to be on the back hose not front?

Thanks for any input gentlemen
offthahorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 11:37 PM #2
theblindchicken
49'er

theblindchicken is an NCPA player
theblindchicken is an NCPA National Champion
theblindchicken plays in the APPA D5 division
It's a QEV. Pretty sure its the Smart Parts 360 QEV. Nah.. You've got it set up correctly. The QEV goes on the middle line. It allows the air infront of the bolt to escape quicker (by exiting the QEV instead of having to go through only the solenoid) to decrease the bolt cycle time.

These two animations should help explain things:
http://www.zdspb.com/media/tech/anim...perrender3.gif
http://www.zdspb.com/media/tech/anim...v_v2_15fps.gif
theblindchicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 11:41 PM #3
offthahorse

Thanks blind chicken. Its the same size as the back fitting though right? (not planning on moving it, just wondering cause a friend has a broken rear fitting, if this is the same size ill get him a qev and he can move the good fitting)
Old 12-21-2012, 12:34 AM #4
theblindchicken
49'er

theblindchicken is an NCPA player
theblindchicken is an NCPA National Champion
theblindchicken plays in the APPA D5 division
The threading size is different between the banjo fittings. The front and rear are identical, but the middle is different. One is 1/8" and the other is 5/32" but I can't remember which is which. Banjos may be available at your local shop, but if not, GOG has new ones for sale on their website.
theblindchicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 08:48 AM #5
Lt. Tank
What would you ask God ?

Lt. Tank owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
SP 360 qev...thatīs what you got there
Old 12-21-2012, 10:28 AM #6
offthahorse

Thanks BC and Lt Tank

Hey LT Tank how is the paintball scene in DF?
Old 12-21-2012, 12:09 PM #7
Lt. Tank
What would you ask God ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by offthahorse View Post
Thanks BC and Lt Tank

Hey LT Tank how is the paintball scene in DF?
Df it self has about 3-4 good psp fields, its home to some really good teams, Sykaryos paintball is the best field in DF and one of the best on Mx, every sunday you can find 6 to 8 teams (depending on the mod) playing anywere from d5 to d3 level
Monterrey and Tijuana are also good and are home (Tijuana) of TJ all star one of the best tems in Mx.
Old 12-21-2012, 12:27 PM #8
Punisher068

definately a Smart Part 360 and its in the right spot.if you find your bolt sticking forward if its not orings your QEV is clogged,its easy to clean but has small loosable parts.I clean mine out everytime i lube my gun as our field has fine dirt
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/c...-progress.html
Punisher068 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 01:11 PM #9
offthahorse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Tank View Post
Df it self has about 3-4 good psp fields, its home to some really good teams, Sykaryos paintball is the best field in DF and one of the best on Mx, every sunday you can find 6 to 8 teams (depending on the mod) playing anywere from d5 to d3 level
Monterrey and Tijuana are also good and are home (Tijuana) of TJ all star one of the best tems in Mx.
man that sounds pretty nice. Is the scene mostly speedball or do woodsballers get love too? My dad lives in matamoros (tamaulipas?), ive been wanting to go visit him but he says its too dangerous, one of my uncles i think lives dear DF and so maybe i could get my dad to meet me there instead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher068 View Post
definately a Smart Part 360 and its in the right spot.if you find your bolt sticking forward if its not orings your QEV is clogged,its easy to clean but has small loosable parts.I clean mine out everytime i lube my gun as our field has fine dirt
Thanks. i actually did have a bolt forward issue. cleaned the noid checked cleaned and lubed all the bolt and chamber orings and cleaned the qev (which using zdspb's guide i found wasnt leaking air when not connected to the body)
after i got it all together it worked just fine

i was actually surprised to find it there, added bonus as it wasnt in the description when i bought the ion
Old 12-21-2012, 03:18 PM #10
Lt. Tank
What would you ask God ?

Quote:
man that sounds pretty nice. Is the scene mostly speedball or do woodsballers get love too? My dad lives in matamoros (tamaulipas?), ive been wanting to go visit him but he says its too dangerous, one of my uncles i think lives dear DF and so maybe i could get my dad to meet me there instead

Thanks. i actually did have a bolt forward issue. cleaned the noid checked cleaned and lubed all the bolt and chamber orings and cleaned the qev (which using zdspb's guide i found wasnt leaking air when not connected to the body)

i was actually surprised to find it there, added bonus as it wasnt in the description when i bought the ion
The Tippmann challenge had about 500-1000 people I think (maybe Iīm wrong) so woods get its share too.

The north = danger nowadays... too many narcs. keep it safe and visit the DF
Old 12-23-2012, 01:47 PM #11
Punisher068

Quote:

Definately a bonus,feel its a must have mod for Ions,ZDS is the best site for Ions too,enjoy your new toy,check out the mech mod by Dethwish\Yoda sometime,Ive got 2 i use when I play public fields,awesome mod with alot less of the ion headaches ie:eye wire,battery,board setting etc
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/c...-progress.html
Punisher068 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 01:12 AM #12
nerve2030

Quote:
Originally Posted by theblindchicken View Post
The threading size is different between the banjo fittings. The front and rear are identical, but the middle is different. One is 1/8" and the other is 5/32" but I can't remember which is which. Banjos may be available at your local shop, but if not, GOG has new ones for sale on their website.
Your thinking hose size the actual threads are all the same.
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3912255
nerve2030 is offline   Reply With Quote