PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 12-20-2012, 09:22 PM #1
Shantonio

field owners please read....

Maybe this is a dumb question but why do our fields close in the winter? I dont see teams in the northeast or other places where it gets cold close a fields because it gets cold like honestly how can we get ohio paintball the respect it deserves with all this down time. MAN UP
Shantonio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 09:28 PM #2
fishballer06
ShockerRepair.com

Annual Supporting Member
fishballer06 is BST Legit
fishballer06 plays in the PSP
fishballer06 donated to help Peyton Trent
fishballer06 supports our troops
fishballer06 supports DLX Technology
It's the same reason why no one plays baseball during the winter in the north... It's too cold and you can't play the game properly. It would cost field owner's more than what they would be making if they were to stay fully open.
Old 12-20-2012, 09:28 PM #3
Shantonio

idk about yall but i would rather play in the snow or the cold then drive stupid far for indoor paintball imo indoor is just not the same

u cant play properly??? wtf lol that makes no sense u can play baseball because of the dirt
Old 12-20-2012, 09:30 PM #4
Shantonio

teams in Nj colorado places like that still play outside this is why ohio paintball is such a joke
Old 12-21-2012, 05:26 AM #5
turbowagonman
Old school from way back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shantonio View Post
Maybe this is a dumb question but why do our fields close in the winter? I dont see teams in the northeast or other places where it gets cold close a fields because it gets cold like honestly how can we get ohio paintball the respect it deserves with all this down time. MAN UP
Pinnacle Woods is open all winter. Their Winter schedule does drop down to every-other weekend but they're still playing. I myself don't play in the winter because I'm a snowmobiler and that's where my money goes but I remember playing in the winter before I started snowmobiling, I still have all of my winter cammo for the reason of; if I ever want to play in the winter I still can.

On their web site they have "Winter Open Game" schedule:
http://www.pinnaclewoodspaintball.co...50&It emid=57
turbowagonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 06:56 AM #6
COjosh
Hate-Kill-Destroy

Quote:
idk about yall but i would rather play in the snow or the cold then drive stupid far for indoor paintball imo indoor is just not the same
u cant play properly??? wtf lol that makes no sense u can play baseball because of the dirt
This bro! Indoor is gay...great for drills and such but ****ty for any meaningful practice..

But on the "business" side of things I would have to agree that the operational costs to stay open during the winter would be too burdensome given the generally lower number of available players.

If ONE field decided to do it, that had deep pockets, they would have the small market cornered in the off season considering Ohio has balls for indoor now...
OG Gearbag Sale-BUY MY STUFF!!
OG Flexes FST
SEXY Splash Minimag F/S/T
COjosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 07:43 AM #7
bigdaddy mick
check your hopper

bigdaddy mick owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Maybe someone should open a good indoor field? ( if you build it they will come )
Old 12-21-2012, 08:48 AM #8
ladd_17
bA What?!?

ladd_17 plays in the PSP
ladd_17 plays in the APPA D3 division
ladd_17 is Boss
Quote:
teams in Nj colorado places like that still play outside this is why ohio paintball is such a joke
I don't know what Ohio you're talking about, but the one I'm from is home to more than a few of the top PSP Divisional teams, I wouldn't say it's a joke.
Old 12-21-2012, 11:36 AM #9
pjerzy1
Aspiring Gun Whore

pjerzy1 is an NCPA player
pjerzy1 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladd_17 View Post
I don't know what Ohio you're talking about, but the one I'm from is home to more than a few of the top PSP Divisional teams, I wouldn't say it's a joke.

Remember kids, YOUR MOUTH CANT GET PREGNANT
pjerzy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 02:17 PM #10
COjosh
Hate-Kill-Destroy

Quote:
Wait...what? Name one "top divisional team", that's higher than D3, that calls Ohio it's home.

I would agree that there are numerous divisional PSP teams, but NONE that are higher than D3...unless one just formed out of the blue in the last month...
OG Flexes FST
Old 12-21-2012, 02:44 PM #11
ladd_17
bA What?!?

ladd_17 plays in the PSP
ladd_17 is Boss
Is D4/D3 not divisional paintball?

I didn't say top D1 team.

Besides, the problem in Ohio isn't lack of places to play or level of competition, it's the fact that every team in this state thinks they are the best team in this state, so anytime any of us try to get together to grind it just turns into a *****-fest.

Last edited by ladd_17 : 12-21-2012 at 02:46 PM.
ladd_17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 02:56 PM #12
CoreyJD330

CoreyJD330 plays in the APPA D3 division
Yes! lets hijack this thread and fight about whether there's any "top divisional teams" in Ohio! Imperial and whatever the other TPA team calls themselves next will undoubtedly be successful in the d2-d3 realm next season. He didn't say "top d1 and d2 teams" he said divisional.

If we want to relate it to the original discussion, I've done the play through the snow, rain and freezing mud thing in the past and it's more or less a waste of time. You don't get better by breaking every 3rd ball and tromping through the slosh. If its 45 and dry then yea get on out there. Maybe someday we will get a real indoor and this discussion will be pointless (unlikely I know).
Old 12-21-2012, 03:07 PM #13
COjosh
Hate-Kill-Destroy

Yes, and I agreed with you. I'm just of the opinion that being solid in D3/D4 doesn't make a team from Ohio one of the "top" teams. There was a time before all this stupid APPA garbage that Ohio teams were some of THE best in the country, at EVERY level, the exception being Pro.

..and to comment on your statement about the "*****-fest" that goes on...hasn't it ALWAYS been that way?

I can remember practices and scrimmages years ago that would routinely digress into shouting matches and fist fights, that's just the nature of the game. If you don't think you're the best, the "bad guys" are already in your head.

So, I guess all in all, we actually agree...

EDIT: I think what the OP was trying to get at was that Ohio paintball has gotten soft, and I would tend to agree in many cases...
OG Flexes FST

Last edited by COjosh : 12-21-2012 at 03:16 PM.
Old 12-21-2012, 03:26 PM #14
ladd_17
bA What?!?

ladd_17 plays in the PSP
ladd_17 is Boss
Eh... I mean yeah, it's semi-inherent to paintball, but to me it just seems to happen so much more between the Ohio teams and I think it's for exactly the reason you mentioned: there really isn't a top team in this state for everyone else to rally behind and aspire to become. That's why we have so much in-fighting, because we are all trying to become that team.

It doesn't have to be a *****-fest. We routinely travel down to Asylum and have very intense grinds, but everyone respects each other. That just doesn't happen in Ohio.

Last edited by ladd_17 : 12-21-2012 at 03:31 PM.
ladd_17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 03:32 PM #15
LockDown Zach
naughtydawgsfan11.

LockDown Zach plays in the PSP
LockDown Zach is an NCPA player
LockDown Zach plays in the APPA D3 division
The in-fighting isn't so much about the lack of a top team, it's that everyone is so cliquey and hates everyone else.

Basically everyone acts like they are in high school.
Xcape paintball.
LockDown Zach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 03:35 PM #16
COjosh
Hate-Kill-Destroy

Quote:
Eh... I mean yeah, it's semi-inherent to paintball, but it just seems to happen so much more between the Ohio teams, and I think it's for exactly the reason you mentioned: there really isn't a top team in this state for everyone else to rally behind and aspire to become. That's why we have so much in-fighting, because we are all trying to become that team.

We can go scrimmage at Asylum for days and never have an argument, but if we go to say, Xcape (not to pick on Xcape, I just haven't been to any other Ohio fields with other teams recently) we can't get 5 points in before someone is blatantly cheating.
For sure man, for sure, and I was there for some of that...sorry

The last time I went north to play it was like an entirely different world playing with dudes I didn't know from Adam, kind of refreshing in a way. Nobody *****ing, nobody playing on, everybody trying to help each other out, way more productive and...fun

To quote something you just edited: "there really isn't a top team in this state for everyone else to rally behind and aspire to become. That's why we have so much in-fighting, because we are all trying to become that team."

-That's it, nail on the head, we ALL want to be top dog and it seems like we don't care who we step on, on the way to becoming nothing.
OG Flexes FST
Old 12-21-2012, 06:59 PM #17
T.Scruggs
Hardwork

T.Scruggs plays in the APPA D4 division
How many national and regional events were played in the worst of conditions in 2012? It's good to get out in the muck once and awhile, even the cold. Had 3 solid early spring grinds in the snow and rain this season, it was good for the team in terms of comradery, and being prepared to play in less than ideal weather conditions at 2 events later in the year.

It does kill playing surface though, and we had only one other team to play against at two of those sessions.
Old 12-24-2012, 03:30 AM #18
Shantonio

Quote:
Is D4/D3 not divisional paintball?

I didn't say top D1 team.

Besides, the problem in Ohio isn't lack of places to play or level of competition, it's the fact that every team in this state thinks they are the best team in this state, so anytime any of us try to get together to grind it just turns into a *****-fest.
Ohio paintball is a joke for the sheer fact the same teams have been playing d3 for over 6 seasons now and have yet to win. Cool u placed at chicago but have u consistantly won events? or has any team but tpa back in 08 Consistantly done anything? Ohio paintball is a joke take it from someone who flew to florida and knows what a real grind is... i cant stand going to the field and not having a skid or people actually wanting to play not sit and dick around the whole time.. and t scruggs is right damamge is the best team in the rain u knw why cause it rains about every practice at cfp. and about the comment with the paint they make paint for the weather im not positive but pretty sure if they have paint for 95 degree weather they have paint for clod weather also.
Old 12-24-2012, 03:38 AM #19
Shantonio

the point of this post wasnt to bash the teams either dont take it wrong just my input from someone who used to travel outside the state to play/practice and saw how a program does things. Hopefully lockdown can chop it up this season and take the series
Old 12-24-2012, 07:07 AM #20
swanton23
ASCENSION

swanton23 is BST Trusted
swanton23 plays in the PSP
swanton23 plays in the APPA D4 division
swanton23 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Easily top team is imperial. We had same problems at drop zone. Ohio has begun to step it up though. 9 out of 12 made Sunday play at cup

ASCENSION
swanton23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 07:14 AM #21
schuck74

schuck74 plays in the PSP
schuck74 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
schuck74 plays in the APPA D4 division
There's always options to move. Lol. I believe the guys from drop zone are still playing outside. Don't know where you are located at but it's an option whether you have to travel real far or not to play. You might not like indoor but look at this way. Its better then not playing at all.
schuck74 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyRegional Ups