The Commish

Annual Supporting Member
Kolder is a Mega Moderator
Kolder is a Supporting Member
Kolder is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
Kolder is Immortal
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyderPB819 View Post
People have been suggesting putting a guard at every school and whatnot, but I went to school for 12 years and there was never an incident... if we can't afford to pay teachers how could you justify paying an armed guard to (probably) not do anything. Statistically, this <del>****</del> almost never happens
Maybe it's the oil money in this region but we never had an issue paying either.

██████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-20-2012, 01:38 PM #44
Featherlite 07
straight cash homie

has been a member for 10 years
Featherlite 07 is playing at Living Legends III
Featherlite 07 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
Quote:
I think all of this **** is an emotional overreaction. The amount of people that actually die from school shootings doesn't warrant huge changes in our laws... its wasted energy there are way bigger problems that kill more people than this. Why not put that time and energy into researching a disease or something
It may sound insensitive, but I agree. But the politicians like to use things like this for political advantage. Now they want to push gun control bills to look like they are standing up for the children while they strip law abiding citizens of their constitutional rights. It's stupid.

The problem with gun controllers is when gun control fails, they just always think the answer is more gun control.

Also, we had a police officer too. I'm not sure how much difference it would make. You're talking a huge building and a guy with a rifle and 2 pistols. The chances of the police officer being in the exact location as him before he starts killing people is remote.

2010 Audi S4
2006 BMW M5 (Sold)
ST:A - We pass school busses at 140

"That is the unmistakable low rumble of a turbocharged flat 4, which signals the imminent arrival of a moron." -J. Clarkson

Last edited by Featherlite 07 : 12-20-2012 at 01:41 PM.
Old 12-20-2012, 01:39 PM #45
imhungry (Banned)
***CHAOS***

Quote:
People have been suggesting putting a guard at every school and whatnot, but I went to school for 12 years and there was never an incident... if we can't afford to pay teachers how could you justify paying an armed guard to (probably) not do anything. Statistically, this **** almost never happens
there will almost never be an incident and everyone knows that. the point is to make parents and kids feel comfortable so they can actually get on with their lives and not worry 24/7
Old 12-20-2012, 01:40 PM #46
angelballer

We had a cop at our school. He was there for the DARE program and to ticket speeders. I know plenty of schools that are the same way.

Quote:
People have been suggesting putting a guard at every school and whatnot, but I went to school for 12 years and there was never an incident... if we can't afford to pay teachers how could you justify paying an armed guard to (probably) not do anything. Statistically, this **** almost never happens
We blow billions if not hundreds of billions of dollars on pointless earmarks every year.
Old 12-20-2012, 01:40 PM #47
Kolder
The Commish

Annual Supporting Member
Kolder is Immortal
Quote:
Originally Posted by imhungry View Post
there will almost never be an incident and everyone knows that. the point is to make parents and kids feel comfortable so they can actually get on with their lives and not worry 24/7
Well it could also be viewed as a preventative for child abductions as well.

It primarily started around here in high schools for fighting.

████████████████████████
Old 12-20-2012, 01:42 PM #48
SpyderPB819

SpyderPB819 donated to help Peyton Trent
SpyderPB819 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by imhungry View Post
**** that, life is stupid comfortable in this country. You don't really have to worry about ****. There are still places in the world where you have to worry about crazy *** rebels with ak-47's ****ing your world up

My biggest problem is verizon doesn't have 4g yet
Old 12-20-2012, 01:42 PM #49
Paintnoob13
**** Ohio

Paintnoob13 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Your teachers didn't handle fights?
Old 12-20-2012, 01:42 PM #50
imhungry (Banned)
***CHAOS***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolder View Post
Well it could also be viewed as a preventative for child abductions as well.

It primarily started around here in high schools for fighting.
yea, its just better to have a cop there than to not have one.

our cop was also mainly there to stop fights too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintnoob13 View Post
ours usually did but having a cop there helped deter people from fighting...i guess. i still got in a few fights and a cop was never involved. they mainly made sure people did not enter the school that were not supposed to, actually.

Last edited by imhungry : 12-20-2012 at 01:45 PM.
Old 12-20-2012, 01:43 PM #51
SpyderPB819

There was a gym teacher in Clarksville that got in trouble because he took two kids that were gonna fight and gave them boxing gloves and let them go at it lol

EDIT: I actually did have armed cops in my high school I totally forgot about them. They didn't really do anything, my school was 2300 kids and there was 1 or 2 at any time in the building.
Old 12-20-2012, 01:43 PM #52
Kolder
The Commish

Annual Supporting Member
Kolder is Immortal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintnoob13 View Post
Our schools had a zero tolerance policy for fighting at school and was treated as a criminal matter.

████████████████████████
Old 12-20-2012, 01:45 PM #53
Paintnoob13
**** Ohio

Paintnoob13 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Weak.
Old 12-20-2012, 01:47 PM #54
Kolder
The Commish

Annual Supporting Member
Kolder is Immortal
Why? It kept fighting out of schools. If two people really wanted to go at it they picked a time and place outside of school. If this country needs anything it's a swift kick in the *** not leniency.

████████████████████████
Old 12-20-2012, 01:48 PM #55
imhungry (Banned)
***CHAOS***

**** i would have arrested 3 times then lol. got suspended 3 times for fighting, one of which was after school in the parking lot because some ******* kept kicking my car and someone's mom reported it...weak.

suspension was sweet though. my dad never cared if i got suspended for fighting and would take me to lunch and **** when i was suspended. i think if i got my *** handed to me ever or if i actually started any of the fights it would have been a different story
Old 12-20-2012, 01:53 PM #56
SpyderPB819

There was a little trail off the woods next to my high school where everybody fought and it almost never got broken up over there. When I started going to the mma gym senior year I thought I was a little badass and got in a fight, I kinda got my *** whooped a little but I choked the dude out so technically I won. 1-0
Old 12-20-2012, 01:53 PM #57
Featherlite 07
straight cash homie

Featherlite 07 is playing at Living Legends III
Featherlite 07 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
there's different kinds of fights, and they should be handled accordingly, IMO. Police do not always need to be involved.

I think our cop arrested kids for drugs a couple of times. Not sure about fights, I never really witnessed any bad ones. A couple of minor scuffles here and there did not involve police, nor should they.

2010 Audi S4
2006 BMW M5 (Sold)
ST:A - We pass school busses at 140

"That is the unmistakable low rumble of a turbocharged flat 4, which signals the imminent arrival of a moron." -J. Clarkson
Old 12-20-2012, 01:55 PM #58
Ryan3773 (Banned)
PoopScooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by imhungry
**** i would have arrested 3 times then lol. got suspended 3 times for fighting, one of which was after school in the parking lot because some ******* kept kicking my car and someone's mom reported it...weak.

suspension was sweet though. my dad never cared if i got suspended for fighting and would take me to lunch and **** when i was suspended. i think if i got my *** handed to me ever or if i actually started any of the fights it would have been a different story
Out of school suspension is sweet as ****, in school suspension sucks ***. A room with nothing to do but think and read. Ugh
Old 12-20-2012, 01:56 PM #59
madgoat
Troll_Extraordinaire

madgoat has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
at my school there were fights pretty much every day. One time some chick tied a lock to a shoelace and split some other chicks head open .
Old 12-20-2012, 01:58 PM #60
SpyderPB819

Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat View Post
at my school there were fights pretty much every day. One time some chick tied a lock to a shoelace and split some other chicks head open .
East St. Louis?
Old 12-20-2012, 02:00 PM #61
Subucni
GOON

We had a couple of fights here and there. Only drug type crime was failing a drug test. No cops. We did have a couple of lockdowns though bc of bomb threats and shootings around the school. Putting a private school in one of the ****tiest areas of one of the ****tiest cities in the country was retarded.

Auburn Tigers
New Orleans Saints
New York Yankees
Old 12-20-2012, 02:04 PM #62
Kellster
Pretentious Hipster

China is putting a guard at every school after that slashing attack last week.

The thing people don't realize about gun violence in this country is that we have a proliferation of military style weapons and a population of over 300 million people. Percentage-wise, you're going to run into trouble. And with our population expected to see much greater growth over the next half-century, it's pretty easy to see that our current gun policies are unsustainable.

"Gun control" is a process that could take decades. No single piece of legislation will fix everything. However, rationally-speaking, our current gun policies aren't working, evidenced by the multiple instances of mass shootings in just this year alone. I'd be in favor of government-mandated buy-back programs on military style weapons; whatever it takes to drastically reduce the amount of assault rifles floating around in this country.
Old 12-20-2012, 02:06 PM #63
SpyderPB819

I want the government to cut into the deficit, but at the same time they need to implement these 25 programs that will make the world perfect.
Closed Thread