Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-07-2012, 01:15 AM #1
learningxp

dm5 leak (i know...another one)

Hey there. I have a ff dm5. When I air it up there's no leak, so I assume the hyper 2 is good, but when I turn the front on/off to the ON position, the bolt shoots forward and air just leaks from the solenoid area. I'm assuming the solenoid is good cause I had just tried it in a different dm5 and it aired up nicely. I have the lpr set at 4 turns out and the hyper 2 at 3 turns out (I believe this is how stock is).

I have the virtue chip reset to factory settings. I'm assuming the problem is in the evolve bolt, but I'm not sure on the oring sizes and types that are in there. I took the bolt apart and examined the orings as best as I could, and could not see any damage on the oring surfaces. I'm assuming I'd have to get an oring pick to pull out the inner orings just to make sure. But I don't wanna take any out unless I have the proper orings to replace them.

If anyone is able to help me out that would be great. I can't seem to find the oring sizes/types for the evolve bolt.

Also, if there's another variable that might cause the problem, please lemme know. Thanks in advance!
DP Rev-i
DP Fusion X
Bob Long MVP
Macdev Clone GT
learningxp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-07-2012, 10:21 AM #2
jagarbosse
DYEmaster

I just solved the same problem with my evolve bolt on my matrix, and it turned out it was the front and back bumpers on the bolt. These are the thick ones, there are 3 orings at the front part of the bolt, they are the two outer ones you want to check.

also, be sure to check the #20's (biggest ones on the outside of the bolt kit)2'nd and 3'rd from the front most likely. these are the ones that can cause this spooky stuff.

the reason it leaks when you turn the on-off to 'on', is because it stops the air after the hyper2, so there is no air to the solenoid and LPR.

try to google evolve bolt dm5 or check the FAQ in the sticky, it has a ton of good info.
Old 11-07-2012, 10:28 AM #3
bryanzero858

Annual Supporting Member
bryanzero858 works for a Paintball manufacturer
also replace the 013 on the top hat and the 015 main bolt sail. Check your lpr and reset it to 4 turns out, reset your H2 to 165 psi (roughly 3 1/2 turns out)
bryanzero858 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 02:00 PM #4
learningxp

You guys are awesome! I'm gonna try everything you said, but I'm gonna try to get air tomorrow and see if the problem was solved. I'll keep posting.
DP Rev-i
DP Fusion X
Bob Long MVP
Macdev Clone GT
Old 11-08-2012, 05:44 AM #5
jagarbosse
DYEmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by learningxp
You guys are awesome! I'm gonna try everything you said, but I'm gonna try to get air tomorrow and see if the problem was solved. I'll keep posting.
No problem. We're one big happy family here in the dm community!
Old 11-29-2012, 09:33 PM #6
Joe1diesel

Thanks guys , dm5 is leak free and shooting great
Old 12-20-2012, 12:02 AM #7
learningxp

Lol. I ordered a rebuild kit for the evolve bolt. Just came in. But I had tried swapping my evolve bolt with a fuse bolt and the fuse bolt worked perfect. So I found that it indeed was the bolt. Changed all the orings before receiving the oring kit. So anyways! Changed all the orings. But the problem was still there. Bolt shoots forward when its aired up and leaks plus the bolt doesn't cycle back. Turns out the sail oring is a 16, rather than a 15. The 16 oring fixed the problem.
DP Rev-i
DP Fusion X
Bob Long MVP
Macdev Clone GT