Community Focus

Old 12-31-2012, 03:54 AM #1
WildWayz
The Moose God

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
EGO 11 Problems

Hi guys

I've fired off an email to Nicky, but the PE guys aren't back at work until the 3rd or so.

I bought an EGO11 new back in October, and straight away I put the DART kit into it. On Saturday, I had a game and ran into problems (Was playing woodsball).

I played 2x45min games and it was fine. The 3rd 45min game, I noticed that after about a hopper and 2 pods, the marker wouldn't cycle properly. It would shoot a couple of balls normally, then the bolt would slow down until it wouldn't cycle any longer. If I left it alone a few seconds, it would shoot 1 ball normally, then shoot down until it wouldn't cycle again. The marker was registering trigger pulls.

I went back to the safe zone and changed the battery out (it was fresh in today - only ever use Procells). I stripped the marker and increased the dwell to 16 and went out again. Couldn't see anything wrong with the HPR or gunk on the rammer/bolt. So I went back out.

Again, was shooting fine for a hopper and 2 pods (basically around 1000-1500psi used on a 3K fill) and it did exactly the same.

Back to the safe zone and I put my bottle onto someone elses Axe and shot around 500 balls out of it, and no shootdown, so the reg on the bottle appears to be fine.

A friend who bought the same colour Ego at the same time as me, said he had the same issue at Time Wars and it was the solenoid.

Does this sound like the solenoid? I have taken the reg apart last night and it is clean - no gunk in there. I turned the marker on, turned eyes off and pulled the trigger. 1st time, the bolt didn't cycle. 2nd time it did.

The rammer moves nicely if I do it by hand.

Any ideas?

The valve is set to 1/7, as mentioned in various threads to make it smoother. Bottle reg is set to HP. Last time I played was November and at the end of the day, it had 7,500 balls through her. I put about 2500 more through her at the weekend, so around 10,000 balls in total.

Weather was wet out and about 6C.
Advertisement
Old 01-02-2013, 07:25 AM #2
WildWayz
The Moose God

Annual Supporting Member
I may have jumped the gun about the solenoid...

I stripped the marker and serviced the HPR and LPR then re-assembled the marker. I shot 3000psi worth of dry firing, and no change in the air hitting my hand or the bolt slowing down. So maybe it was a case that all I needed to do was service the HPR and LPR?
Old 01-02-2013, 11:49 AM #3
dirtraven

dirtraven is playing at Living Legends VII
dirtraven owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
dirtraven supports Team VICIOUS
might have been either too much or too little grease in the HPR since it was new

Good Ole Autococker

Red Camo/Blackened GTi
dirtraven is offline   Reply With Quote