Closed Thread

Old 12-17-2012, 10:57 PM #85
EmpireEmperor

EmpireEmperor is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
EmpireEmperor is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by BodyCount81 View Post
Michael Vick on the Jets next year?
Get the only QB that turns the ball over more than Sanchez. I like it.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-17-2012, 11:10 PM #86
automagsrule
LOIC

Richard sherman's appeal is friday, rulings generally take a couple days, he will likely play in the SF game.

Im starting to think letting BB serve his suspension asap and having sherman stall with appeals was a team tactic to make sure we had at least one available for every game.

“If it is true that we need a degree of certainty to get by, it is also true that too much of the stuff can be lethal”
-Terry Eagleton
Old 12-17-2012, 11:15 PM #87
imhungry (Banned)
***CHAOS***

has been a member for 10 years
eh id like to see mike vick on a team that has some sort of offensive line. there has been **** flowing around that he might end up in cleveland (which is beyond a pipe dream) and he is certainly an upgrade to weeden but **** that. he might actually do alright on a team that has a decent oline like we have here but honestly his best days are loooong behind him. he would be more than serviceable on the right team

tbh not many QB's have any sort of chance behind that eagles offensive line. the only ones that would maybe do well would be peyton since his release is so fast, rodgers and cutler (based on what they are currently dealing with). vick's decisions to keep it and run and not throw it out of bounds did not help him either.
Old 12-17-2012, 11:23 PM #88
JJags32MJD
DTWD

Who's the worse qb combo? Quinn/Cassel, Gabbert/Henne or Sanchez/Tebow?
Old 12-17-2012, 11:25 PM #89
black_angus
hooah hooah hooah hooah

I'm guessing you meant worst. Gabbert/Henne. Cassel at least had that one year in KC where he threw for like 25/7 or something around there, and Tebow has intangibles up the wazoo.
Hate the Cowboys? Show it here.
Old 12-17-2012, 11:26 PM #90
EmpireEmperor

EmpireEmperor is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
EmpireEmperor is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by imhungry View Post
eh id like to see mike vick on a team that has some sort of offensive line. there has been **** flowing around that he might end up in cleveland (which is beyond a pipe dream) and he is certainly an upgrade to weeden but **** that. he might actually do alright on a team that has a decent oline like we have here but honestly his best days are loooong behind him. he would be more than serviceable on the right team

tbh not many QB's have any sort of chance behind that eagles offensive line. the only ones that would maybe do well would be peyton since his release is so fast, rodgers and cutler (based on what they are currently dealing with). vick's decisions to keep it and run and not throw it out of bounds did not help him either.
Indeed. The Eagles O-line is certainly below average but many of those sacks fall on Vick. Several times I've seen the guy run away from non-existent pressure only to run right into a sack. And like you said, Vick's best days are behind him. He will be 33 years old next season. Guys who have a history of being injury prone don't get healthier as they get older.

That said, I do think someone will be desperate enough to take him.
Old 12-17-2012, 11:31 PM #91
JJags32MJD
DTWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_angus View Post
I'm guessing you meant worst. Gabbert/Henne. Cassel at least had that one year in KC where he threw for like 25/7 or something around there, and Tebow has intangibles up the wazoo.
Don't be a ****.
Old 12-17-2012, 11:59 PM #92
black_angus
hooah hooah hooah hooah

Don't be a Jags fan.
Hate the Cowboys? Show it here.
Old 12-18-2012, 12:04 AM #93
AdReNaLiN jUnKeE
Playoffs??? PLAYOFFS!!??

AdReNaLiN jUnKeE is a Supporting Member
AdReNaLiN jUnKeE plays in the PSP
AdReNaLiN jUnKeE is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
AdReNaLiN jUnKeE is Boss
thats like advocating killing an endangered species angus....not cool man
Old 12-18-2012, 12:22 AM #94
JJags32MJD
DTWD

^troof

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_angus View Post
Don't be a Jags fan.
I mean at least you admitted it.
Old 12-18-2012, 01:43 AM #95
automagsrule
LOIC

kolb/skelton deserves mention when talking worst qb tandems.

“If it is true that we need a degree of certainty to get by, it is also true that too much of the stuff can be lethal”
-Terry Eagleton
Old 12-18-2012, 03:54 AM #96
Kellster
Pretentious Hipster

I'm actually very interested in this year's NFL playoffs. Should be entertaining.
Old 12-18-2012, 05:16 AM #97
Paintnoob13
**** Ohio

Paintnoob13 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Sanchez is so fragile mentally. There is no chance that he develops into a good QB at this point, he's done.

And Mike Vick should retire if he can't get picked up by a team with an actual OL
Old 12-18-2012, 06:13 AM #98
Lou Dogg
Prepare to die

Lou Dogg owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintnoob13 View Post
And Mike Vick should retire if he can't get picked up by a team with an actual OL
Has he paid all of the money he owes off yet? He might still be dead broke, not sure. Either way, he does have to worry about his health later in life and at this rate he'll be in a wheelchair by 40. So there's that.

Big_Dangerous: "Has anyone here ever let a chick **** them with a strapon?"
Old 12-18-2012, 06:35 AM #99
Ninja Mouse
DAT JAWLINE DOE

New thread title is win.

Team Aircraft Carrier
"Originally posted by PballPlayer™: I came home on my break to find this. I'm never going to say anything bad about the Saints again. Ninja is a god. It was bigger than I expected (twss) so I'm sure it was pricey, thanks Ninja, you are too kind."
Sauce
Old 12-18-2012, 06:50 AM #100
Lou Dogg
Prepare to die

Lou Dogg owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mouse View Post
New thread title is win.

Big_Dangerous: "Has anyone here ever let a chick **** them with a strapon?"
Old 12-18-2012, 07:35 AM #101
imhungry (Banned)
***CHAOS***

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJags32MJD View Post
Who's the worse qb combo? Quinn/Cassel, Gabbert/Henne or Sanchez/Tebow?
uhhhh arizona? no one else is even close, that is the dumpster fire to end all dumpster fires.
Old 12-18-2012, 07:51 AM #102
Marko34256

Marko34256 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Marko34256 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:

I wouldn't mind giving Vick a try. Not really excited for the qb's in this next draft.

Geno is a possibility, but I don't think the chiefs can fix his attitude problems.
Old 12-18-2012, 08:26 AM #103
imhungry (Banned)
***CHAOS***

the only QB i would touch would be barkley and i am not to keen on him. if you could get geno late fine but he is not worth a first or second round pick, imo.
Old 12-18-2012, 08:31 AM #104
JC Nor7
after hours

Quote:
uhhhh arizona? no one else is even close, that is the dumpster fire to end all dumpster fires.
it's funny, my friend is a delusional cardinals fan and insists that skelton is the guy for the job.

at least he has a cool last name?

vick to arizona so he can try to pull a kurt warner.

speaking of kurt warner...curt warner from the 80s?!
Old 12-18-2012, 08:43 AM #105
Featherlite 07
straight cash homie

Featherlite 07 is playing at Living Legends III
Featherlite 07 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
Quote:

It's not the offensive line that's the problem. It's Vick. For being so fast, he has no pocket awareness. You'd think a guy who can run like that would be hard to sack, but he is often right up there with the league leaders for most sacked QB. He looks to start running pretty much as soon as he catches the snap. He holds the ball too long and tries to rely on his legs rather than throwing it away. He was the most sacked QB in Atlanta too with a totally different O-line. I could be wrong, but I am pretty sure Foles already gets sacked less than Vick. In addition to his sacks, Vick is not a very good decision maker with the football in general. He turns the ball over a lot. He forces throws and runs around carrying the ball with very poor technique leading to fumbles.

You're right as well that he is getting old. So he's not really a guy you want to build around. He might be a good fit on a team that is very good outside the QB position, but there don't seem to be too many of those around. Maybe Minnesota could be better with him since they already have Peterson to do most of the heavy lifting on offense. I'm still not sure any team can win a championship with Vick.

2010 Audi S4
2006 BMW M5 (Sold)
ST:A - We pass school busses at 140

"That is the unmistakable low rumble of a turbocharged flat 4, which signals the imminent arrival of a moron." -J. Clarkson
Closed Thread