Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-15-2012, 10:04 AM #1
Austin7

GoG extcy

Hey nation I'm looking into getting a GoG extcy next spring when it gets warmer out....what hopper and tank should i get? Ive been lookin into the valken v-max and a 45/45 or a 68/45....if you got one post a pic of your setup.
Austin7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 11:19 AM #2
deltapaintball
Josh Foote (R)

deltapaintball is a Supporting Member
deltapaintball donated to help Peyton Trent
deltapaintball supports our troops
deltapaintball has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
deltapaintball supports DLX Technology
My V-Max has had no issues keeping up with my eXTCy at all. I would also stick to a Crossfire tank. They have always been a favorite of mine.

Also, PM inbound.
deltapaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 12:19 PM #3
godraep
FapAttackV.1

godraep supports Team VICIOUS
godraep supports Team VICIOUS
godraep is attending Decay of Nations VI
godraep supports DLX Technology
I don't currently use the eXTCy but I've used the GoG/SP line for years.

If you're looking to buy now, the Vmaxx and Invert Too are great options on the lower end price range. However, by Spring we may see new iterations of current loaders, or even entirely new loaders.

Vmaxx/Invert/Halo Too all get my vote!
Old 12-15-2012, 12:40 PM #4
mikeyy13

mikeyy13 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
mikeyy13 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
mikeyy13 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
mikeyy13 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
mikeyy13 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Not trying to be "that guy" but I bought a gog extcy and all I had was problems. When I fixed that problem another one came with. My brother even bought one and we had to send it info gog in the first week. I couldn't rely on this gun what so ever.
Old 12-15-2012, 02:36 PM #5
pbstar1987

I love my eXTCy. My setup is a halo, freak kit, and a ninja 68/45 tank (plus some internal ups ). I would get a 68/45 tank so you can get more shoots per fill. When I had my 45/45 I only got four pods and a hopper per fill, which is stupid when you are out in the woods and have to go fill up after each game. Any loader will do. Don't feel like you have to drop $150 to feel like you have a good loader. Really as long as you have hpa and a fast feeding loader you will enjoy this gun. Welcome (or soon to be) to the family.
pbstar1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 08:54 PM #6
deltapaintball
Josh Foote (R)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyy13 View Post
Not trying to be "that guy" but I bought a gog extcy and all I had was problems. When I fixed that problem another one came with. My brother even bought one and we had to send it info gog in the first week. I couldn't rely on this gun what so ever.
Sorry this happened, if you have any other issues, shoot me a PM and we can troubleshoot the issue quickly.
Old 12-15-2012, 09:36 PM #7
ShoopDaWhoop900
Go Noles!

ShoopDaWhoop900 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
ShoopDaWhoop900 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
ShoopDaWhoop900 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Your going to fall in love with your eXTCy once you get it. Ive never had problems with my gun and love it so much. Also i have a halo too and it keeps up great. And as for a tank i have my eXTCy very upgraded so i get probably 5 or so pods on a 48/3000 (I dont use pods so im not exactly sure) i would suggest a 68/45 though, i just didnt have the money for that.
(> <)
copy bunny into your profile and help him achieve world domination
ShoopDaWhoop900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 09:50 PM #8
fishballer06
ShockerRepair.com

Annual Supporting Member
fishballer06 is BST Legit
fishballer06 plays in the PSP
fishballer06 donated to help Peyton Trent
fishballer06 supports our troops
fishballer06 supports DLX Technology
I'm running an eXTCy with a Ninja 68/45 and a Freak barrel. I'm getting about 8 pods off a fill. I absolutely love this gun. The shot is really smooth, it has everything you need to play speedball and maintenance is super easy. I highly recommend yhe eXTCy.
Old 12-17-2012, 09:59 AM #9
cpuwhiz22

As mentioned by others, if you can afford it go with the 68/45. You will be thankful you did. I love my eXTCy. I shoot a case a week through it and haven't had any serious issues.
cpuwhiz22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 02:59 AM #10
RogueShooter

I like my G1 with a 48/4500 Guerilla Air tank, but I also don't shoot large volumes of paint. I'm normally a one-to-two case per 8 hour scenario game type player. So the 48 lasts me about 5 pods and that's plenty of shooting between breaks to hydrate and reload/re-air.

Hopper, I use my Rotor most of the time, just for the low profile, but most of my team uses the VMAX and they keep up just fine. I've also used an old Viewloader Revolution and it does the job nicely as well, as long as you're not going for minigun rates of fire. Under 13 bps it gets along just fine.
GOG/DLX - Valken - QuickShot Paintball - FogDoc.com - TechT - Deadlywind
RogueShooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 07:01 AM #11
Austin7

If i go with the extcy what upgrades should i get...thought about getting a barrel kit. Keep in mind I'm moving from a tippmann and my spyder to this so i don't have really any good equipment.
Austin7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 08:50 AM #12
soccerstud_2009
I LIKE TURTLES

Annual Supporting Member
soccerstud_2009 is BST Legit
soccerstud_2009 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
soccerstud_2009 plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin7
If i go with the extcy what upgrades should i get...thought about getting a barrel kit. Keep in mind I'm moving from a tippmann and my spyder to this so i don't have really any good equipment.
Get a nice barrel, if you want a full kit freak barrels are nice
Ninja
Exalt
soccerstud_2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 09:15 AM #13
fishballer06
ShockerRepair.com

Annual Supporting Member
fishballer06 is BST Legit
fishballer06 plays in the PSP
fishballer06 donated to help Peyton Trent
fishballer06 supports our troops
fishballer06 supports DLX Technology
Freak barrel is the best overall barrel system out there. Best part about it is if you switch to a different gun (or buy another gun) that uses a different threading, all you need is a new back. The rest of the kit is still good.

Firebolt and the QEV will really improve your efficiency, rate of fire and shot smoothness. Other than that, maybe get the blade trigger if you prefer that trigger style.

Last edited by fishballer06 : 12-18-2012 at 11:20 AM.
fishballer06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 09:17 AM #14
cpuwhiz22

A barrel kit is nice, but personally I think the best upgrade for an eXTCy is the QEV. It will make it MUCH more efficient, and thus get you more shots per fill. At only $25 its a no brainer.

Once you get that, get a barrel kit if you prefer. It will also improve efficiency. And if you don't like the trigger, I put a violent series trigger on mine and I prefer it very much over the stock one.

Another cheap upgrade is to swap out the steel line with macro. Should only be about 10-15 dollars or less depending on where you get the fittings and hose. It's not going to affect performance, but it makes service much better. I clean my marker every day after play, and the regulator I clean at least once a month (I play every weekend). The macro line makes it really easy to service since you can pop of the swivel fitting much easier, and you aren't constrained by the steel line.

The only downside I have had is that I have yet to get a piece of line that doesn't leak when I air it up. When I air it up it leaks slightly, and I wiggle the line a bit and it seals. It's not a big deal, and I think it's still worth using over the steel line. I am told its likely due to bad cuts or length of hose, but I have 6+ feet of hose and have tried repeatedly with good straight cuts and different lengths and still I can't seem to prevent this issue. I attribute this to the fact that the hose has to bend a little since the swivel uses a straight fitting in the center of the marker, and the ASA has a 90 degree fitting which protrudes to the side, so isn't linear with the swivel fitting. I have considered using 2 90 degree fittings one day which might solve this, but for now I just deal with it.

Good luck. You will love the eXTCy. I love mine, and everyone I know who has owned one loves them too.
Old 12-18-2012, 10:29 AM #15
deltapaintball
Josh Foote (R)

Honestly, I'd get a barrel kit first.
Old 12-18-2012, 01:40 PM #16
cpuwhiz22

Out of curiosity, why would you go with a barrel kit first? It is not going to have an effect on accuracy. At most you can hope to gain some efficiency, but the QEV is going to offer much more of an efficiency gain, and its going to be cheaper than a barrel kit.
Old 12-18-2012, 02:45 PM #17
deltapaintball
Josh Foote (R)

Well, when you bore size your paint, it is more accurate. Not to mention it will help with your air efficiency.
Old 12-18-2012, 03:28 PM #18
pbstar1987

I would definitely go with a barrel kit first. After that I would go for a new bolt. I would personally get the Techt L7 bolt, because it is the lightest bolt on the market and you virtually eliminate any kick. It makes the gun shoot so smooth. After that you can get a qev or whatever makes you happy. So...barrel kit, bolt, qev, ect.
pbstar1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 05:32 PM #19
soccerstud_2009
I LIKE TURTLES

Annual Supporting Member
soccerstud_2009 is BST Legit
soccerstud_2009 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
soccerstud_2009 plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbstar1987
I would definitely go with a barrel kit first. After that I would go for a new bolt. I would personally get the Techt L7 bolt, because it is the lightest bolt on the market and you virtually eliminate any kick. It makes the gun shoot so smooth. After that you can get a qev or whatever makes you happy. So...barrel kit, bolt, qev, ect.
This
Ninja
Exalt
soccerstud_2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 09:45 AM #20
cpuwhiz22

This discussion has been had many times. The only factors that are going to affect accuracy are paint and cleanliness of the barrel. Bore size will improve efficiency slightly, but not as much as a QEV. Neither of these will affect accuracy.

Also, just to let everyone here know, I got a Freak kit first for my eXTCy, and later added many more upgrades. I have the violent trigger, macro line, hollow point bolt, and the Freak. Out of all of these the QEV is by far the most valuable upgrade.
Old 12-20-2012, 12:16 PM #21
ShoopDaWhoop900
Go Noles!

ShoopDaWhoop900 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
ShoopDaWhoop900 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
ShoopDaWhoop900 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I use the stock barrel on my eXTCy and have used a couple different types of paint and the higher quality the better my accuracy. I think the barrel isn't as Important as the bolt and QEV save the money from the barrel and get good paint.
(> <)
copy bunny into your profile and help him achieve world domination
ShoopDaWhoop900 is offline   Reply With Quote