Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-16-2012, 09:45 PM #232
Blake360

Very informative video. It taught me that gun crimes can't happen in gun-free zones, so we all have nothing to worry about.
Blake360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-16-2012, 09:51 PM #233
Riley Coyote
It's bad for the sport.

Riley Coyote has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Riley Coyote has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
That video sure did show all those people who think gun free zones are the solution to mass shootings.
Riley Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 09:52 PM #234
drgonzo
Half-cocked

has been a member for 10 years
Shooters usually pick significant areas within their sphere of life. THEIR school, a school local to them, their local theater. The "gun-free zone" thing is a red herring.

Also the Morgan Freeman thing is gun lobby bull****. There's no way we don't dig into who the shooters were and try to learn everything we can about them. We want to know if there is anything that could have been done. It's important that we find out if anything could have been done.

The media, increasingly these days, is largely other people. Social media ensures that even if the mainstream media doesn't say a peep about things, word will get out and spread. It's important that mainstream media DOES step up and make sure the TRUTH gets out more than the bull**** the impressionable masses fall for -- like this Morgan Freeman crap.

So that whole diatribe is horse**** intended to deflect public thinking away from specific agenda items.
drgonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 09:52 PM #235
licence2kill
POOP

if we made the whole nation a gun free zone i'm pretty sure there would be a decline in gun violence, like in other nations.

just sayin
licence2kill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 09:54 PM #236
drgonzo
Half-cocked

Quote:
Originally Posted by licence2kill View Post
if we made the whole nation a gun free zone i'm pretty sure there would be a decline in gun violence, like in other nations.

just sayin
Yep. The problem is not the gun free zone but the guns in the zone.
Old 12-16-2012, 09:54 PM #237
EPAPressure
Jobs are for immigrants

Ban all guns?

-Said nobody, ever.

"Originally posted by drgonzo: That doesn't make sense, the people with the most interaction and dependence on government have the most significant stakes and should have the vote if anyone. People who reject government and do not use government services should be denied the vote if anything." ^^FAIL

"Originally posted by Rebeltilldeath3: When I think geocities I think ****ty tiled background and sparkly titles. Think of a minority's myspace page."
EPAPressure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 09:55 PM #238
F1VENOM

Quote:

just sayin
UK says otherwise.
"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"
F1VENOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 09:55 PM #239
licence2kill
POOP

umm, UK has almost no gun violence...
licence2kill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 09:56 PM #240
drgonzo
Half-cocked

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1VENOM View Post
UK says otherwise.
Better check your facts.
Old 12-16-2012, 09:56 PM #241
Blake360

Quote:

just sayin
Right, just like mexico? What a safe place it must be there.
Blake360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 10:00 PM #242
Bloodeagle

Quote:
UK says otherwise.
You aren't going far enough. They want to ban all private ownership of firearms.
Bloodeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 10:02 PM #243
drgonzo
Half-cocked

Actual gun free zones are extremely effective in stopping gun crime of all types. The most common and well-enforced gun-free zones are airports, and there is effectively zero gun crime in those zones.
Old 12-16-2012, 10:09 PM #244
F1VENOM

UK had a huge increase in gun crime about a decade after their ban which has just recently started abating.
"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"
Old 12-16-2012, 10:19 PM #245
Bloodeagle

Quote:
UK had a huge increase in gun crime about a decade after their ban which has just recently started abating.
No way that could happen. If you ban the guns, you get rid of all gun crime and violence.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...89-decade.html

See? Foolproof.
Old 12-16-2012, 10:22 PM #246
F1VENOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodeagle View Post
No way that could happen. If you ban the guns, you get rid of all gun crime and violence.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...89-decade.html

See? Foolproof.
I'm all for guns but please don't quote me and link dailymail as your support. That's offensive.
Old 12-16-2012, 10:23 PM #247
SupraSuper
Celebrate Diversity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake360 View Post
Right, just like mexico? What a safe place it must be there.
We're a bit more developed than Mexico.
SupraSuper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 10:34 PM #248
tsbalr120
Goooonsberry

tsbalr120 plays in the MiLP
tsbalr120 is an NCPA player
tsbalr120 is Legendary
Quote:

just sayin
And let all other violence increase?

No thanks.
Old 12-16-2012, 10:40 PM #249
chodeyg
sprezzatura

Quote:
This is true but their gun crimes simply do not come near the amount we have, in any comparison. I am not advocating the abolishment of the second amendment and I am not pro gun control. But the fact is legislation and enforcement has an effect on gun crimes. Think about how rarely automatic weapons are used in crime, compared to cheap handguns. Gun control can, and often does work.

The problem here is that the mom was a safe target shooter who used guns legally for sport. Banning her from getting a weapon would be wrong, no matter how you cut it. It should have been locked up better, but the real issue here is one of mental health.
Old 12-16-2012, 10:41 PM #250
F1VENOM

How large is the US compared to the UK? You mean in the US? It's higher than you'd think.
Old 12-16-2012, 10:55 PM #251
Bloodeagle

Quote:
I'm all for guns but please don't quote me and link dailymail as your support. That's offensive.
What is wrong with DailyMail? It supported your post and is accurate in this regard.
Old 12-16-2012, 10:59 PM #252
F1VENOM

First it's from 2009 and second it's Dailymail, hardly journalism at its finest.