PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 06-17-2013, 10:55 AM #1
EvanActon

EvanActon plays in the PSP
EvanActon plays in the APPA D4 division
arizona immigration law overturned

not really sure how to take this. on one hand you have to have a valid id to vote, thats reasonable. but, if you let the law pass there will be cops on every corner profiling and more than likely chaos and violence throughout arizona. opinions?

((( 0 )))
shockers for life.
37% of teams have a fat kid on their team. if you are that fat kid put this in your sig
(\_/)
(o.o)
(> <)My Bunny's Gunna Kill You...
EvanActon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-17-2013, 11:34 AM #2
Tuff
Supports 2nd Amendment

Tuff is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Just came to post about this.

I think Arizona should just enforce the law anyways and force the government to do something about it. I would encourage other states to follow Arizona's lead and mandate that people prove themselves as citizens. Allowing illegal aliens to vote cheapens the voting right and Mexico has no place dictating American politics. Total farce. Supreme Court should be ashamed. This law had nothing to do with cops on every corner and everything to do with catering to illegal aliens, specifically from Mexico.
Old 06-17-2013, 01:11 PM #3
tsbalr120
Goooonsberry

tsbalr120 is an NCPA player
tsbalr120 is Legendary
I support what the law was trying to do. But it was written poorly and could easily been abused. I wasn't surprised it failed.
Old 06-17-2013, 02:16 PM #4
PBOldTimer
Yeah, I'm that Ref

PBOldTimer owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
PBOldTimer has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Just get rid of the profiling portion of the law, and get right to requiring ID's to vote. I'm in favor of ID'ing voters as long as the person's ID isn't tied to their vote, meaning I'd still want it to be an anonymous ballot.
Old 06-17-2013, 03:27 PM #5
Umami
Mad as a hatter

Umami works for a Paintball manufacturer
Umami supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBOldTimer View Post
Just get rid of the profiling portion of the law, and get right to requiring ID's to vote. I'm in favor of ID'ing voters as long as the person's ID isn't tied to their vote, meaning I'd still want it to be an anonymous ballot.
As long as ID's are free and easily gotten, I don't have a problem with this. Otherwise you're going to end up disenfranchising the elderly, the immobile and the poor (who under current law have the right to vote, like it or not).

That said, if you're going to make them free and easily gotten, someone who wants to game the system is going to anyway so what's the point?

I am affiliated with Lurker Paintball. My opinions are my own and do not reflect those of LurkerPB.
Umami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 05:00 PM #6
rT159
BlackOps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umami View Post
That said, if you're going to make them free and easily gotten, someone who wants to game the system is going to anyway so what's the point?
If people are going to cheat on their taxes, why have them? Why do I have to pay for an ID and someone doesn't?
rT159 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 05:56 PM #7
2totumscrotum

Anybody think that I.D. requirements for taxes and driving are also intrusive and unnecessary? Also I.D. requirements for purchasing a gun.
2totumscrotum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 06:18 PM #8
licence_to_kill
Bizarro World

licence_to_kill is reppin' sidebar 4 life
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill supports DLX Technology
no

"Most Ron Paul supporters are domestic terrorists and racist liberal nazis." - John Elway
licence_to_kill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 07:02 AM #9
EvanActon

you do need a liscence to drive, thats a privealge. you are obligated to vote, and need to provide some kind of identification. i think a non drivers liscence is like 10 bucks and not hard at all to get

((( 0 )))
shockers for life.
37% of teams have a fat kid on their team. if you are that fat kid put this in your sig
(\_/)
(o.o)
Old 06-18-2013, 08:47 AM #10
rT159
BlackOps

A lot easier to get than an education, that's for sure.
rT159 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 08:58 AM #11
$h@key J0nEZ
Southern By The

You need a ID to vote here in GA. I've never heard or seen any problems because of it.

The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant. It's just that they know so much that isn't so. - Ronald Reagan

"A nation which can prefer disgrace to danger is prepared for a master, and deserves one." - Alexander Hamilton
$h@key J0nEZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 09:24 AM #12
PBOldTimer
Yeah, I'm that Ref

PBOldTimer owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
PBOldTimer has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umami View Post
As long as ID's are free and easily gotten, I don't have a problem with this. Otherwise you're going to end up disenfranchising the elderly, the immobile and the poor (who under current law have the right to vote, like it or not).
A state issued ID (non-driver's ID) cost like $9-$10. You can easily get one form your local DMV. The elderly, immobile, and poor will NOT be disenfranchised. If a person is mobile enough to get out and vote, then they are mobile enough to get state issued ID. The only people that would be disenfranchised are illegal immigrants who are incapable of obtaining proper ID. You might also alienate individuals who have warrants out for their arrest, and don't want to get ID in fear of being arrested... but I don't have a problem with that!
Old 06-18-2013, 10:03 AM #13
Pump Scout
Old gun,new gun,whatever

Annual Supporting Member
Pump Scout is a Mega Moderator
Pump Scout is a Supporting Member
Pump Scout is BST Legit
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanActon View Post
you do need a liscence to drive, thats a privealge. you are obligated to vote, and need to provide some kind of identification. i think a non drivers liscence is like 10 bucks and not hard at all to get
If that's true (bolded), we would have had a little more than the 57.5% voter turnout we saw in the 2012 election. Voting is a right for a US citizen, not an obligation. Just like with many other rights, though, a citizen would be somewhat foolish not to exercise their rights in casting their vote.

Flying to events? Check out BHTP to protect your travel and your bags!
Pump Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 01:45 PM #14
EvanActon

i said that becasue thats my personal opinioin, but no you dont HAVE TO vote. why would you not vote? just turn in a blank ballot and be done, took me 15 min to vote last election

((( 0 )))
shockers for life.
(\_/)
(o.o)
Old 06-18-2013, 02:14 PM #15
Lampoon

In other words, we will let all the illegal immigrants from hispanicville keep voting for democrats and taking jobs that the blacks are too lazy to do apparently out in California. Too busy joining the Bloods and Crips and getting destroyed on crack. Right dawg?
Lampoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 04:51 PM #16
licence_to_kill
Bizarro World

licence_to_kill is reppin' sidebar 4 life
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill supports DLX Technology
california doesnt have black people

"Most Ron Paul supporters are domestic terrorists and racist liberal nazis." - John Elway
licence_to_kill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 05:43 PM #17
The Ralpst

Quote:
A state issued ID (non-driver's ID) cost like $9-$10. You can easily get one form your local DMV. The elderly, immobile, and poor will NOT be disenfranchised. If a person is mobile enough to get out and vote, then they are mobile enough to get state issued ID. The only people that would be disenfranchised are illegal immigrants who are incapable of obtaining proper ID. You might also alienate individuals who have warrants out for their arrest, and don't want to get ID in fear of being arrested... but I don't have a problem with that!
In Texas, for example, "going to your local DMV" can be one hell of a trip. Also, $9 is a poll tax, even if it's a small one. That's why, in study after study about this issue, reputable studies predict significant disenfranchisement.

This has been done to death. It doesn't work with our current systems.
"Ask a Russian engineer to design you a shoe, and he'll give you something that looks like the box the shoe came in. Ask him to design something that will slaughter Germans, and he turns into Thomas ******* Edison." - Neal Stephenson

Trauma'dOlive DM6 w/ Predator eyes
The Ralpst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 06:30 PM #18
Umami
Mad as a hatter

Umami works for a Paintball manufacturer
Umami supports our troops
Quote:
Bold formatting and caps doesn't make it true. This type of error is common for the social security administration.

http://money.cnn.com/galleries/2011/...ors/index.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ralpst View Post
In Texas, for example, "going to your local DMV" can be one hell of a trip. Also, $9 is a poll tax, even if it's a small one. That's why, in study after study about this issue, reputable studies predict significant disenfranchisement.

This has been done to death. It doesn't work with our current systems.
Big ol' ****ing dot.

I am affiliated with Lurker Paintball. My opinions are my own and do not reflect those of LurkerPB.
Umami is offline   Reply With Quote