Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-13-2012, 09:00 AM #1
onu2015
Da Bears
 
onu2015's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Trenton OH
onu2015 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
onu2015 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
onu2015 supports Team VICIOUS
onu2015 supports Team VICIOUS
onu2015 supports DLX Technology
SL3 Reg on VX? Spring Mod?

So im about to pick up a VX'd clone that has a Planet Eclipse SL3 reg on it instead of the stock inline reg. Will this cause any issues? Will any adjustments need to be made to the factory settings to get optimal performance?

Also if i do pick up the clone, first thing i plan on doing is sending it in to pooty to get the spring mod done. Has any other VX owner had this done? What are your thoughts on the mod?

Any input is appreciated! Thanks!
__________________
JT Impulse F/S/T
onu2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-13-2012, 09:07 AM #2
blueshifty
RIP: Underĝath
 
blueshifty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Dallas, TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by onu2015 View Post
So im about to pick up a VX'd clone that has a Planet Eclipse SL3 reg on it instead of the stock inline reg. Will this cause any issues? Will any adjustments need to be made to the factory settings to get optimal performance?

Also if i do pick up the clone, first thing i plan on doing is sending it in to pooty to get the spring mod done. Has any other VX owner had this done? What are your thoughts on the mod?

Any input is appreciated! Thanks!
If you're getting the one that I think you're getting, then the SL3 has the LP spring in it and the gun is running under 100psi with +/-2 fps groupings. That reg is better than the stock MacDev reg IMO because it is much more durable, the adjustments are less sensitive and parts are readily available.

Also, how about you shoot it before you send it out for a mod it doesn't need?
__________________
Feedback: Old (+4)
blueshifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:54 AM #3
onu2015
Da Bears
 
onu2015's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Trenton OH
onu2015 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
onu2015 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
onu2015 supports Team VICIOUS
onu2015 supports Team VICIOUS
onu2015 supports DLX Technology
Because im making him add $40 just for the mod. it wont cost me a dime and ive have had pooty mods on every other marker i own. I think pooty does great work and i like supporting a good member of the paintball community.
__________________
JT Impulse F/S/T
onu2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 10:14 AM #4
blueshifty
RIP: Underĝath
 
blueshifty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Dallas, TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by onu2015 View Post
Because im making him add $40 just for the mod. it wont cost me a dime and ive have had pooty mods on every other marker i own. I think pooty does great work and i like supporting a good member of the paintball community.
It's your gun... you're free to waste money if you want, but what do you think it is going to accomplish? I have never had FSDO with a clone, efficiency is amazing and the bolt assembly has enough pieces as is.

Anyway, to your original question... I did forget to mention that the tank used on that gun was a ninja pro set to LP output.
__________________
Feedback: Old (+4)
blueshifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 10:19 AM #5
onu2015
Da Bears
 
onu2015's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Trenton OH
onu2015 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
onu2015 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
onu2015 supports Team VICIOUS
onu2015 supports Team VICIOUS
onu2015 supports DLX Technology
i respect your opinion but i don't think its a waste of money. anytime you can lower the dwell some it will allow for a smother shot and give you better efficiency regardless of how well it already preforms. it will simply make it shoot that much better.
__________________
JT Impulse F/S/T
onu2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 11:50 AM #6
blueshifty
RIP: Underĝath
 
blueshifty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Dallas, TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by onu2015 View Post
anytime you can lower the dwell some it will allow for a smother shot and give you better efficiency regardless of how well it already preforms. it will simply make it shoot that much better.
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...4#post77208484

You can't have your cake and eat it too. Dropping the dwell gives you better efficiency (in most cases) and typically requires higher pressures. Higher dwell (volume) is less efficient, but typically smoother and quieter. The principle of paintball velocity comes through high-volume low-pressure or low-volume high-pressure. That is physics... you can't change it.


Anyway, start a new thread if you want to discuss it, but the SL3 is rock solid and I know the one you're getting has the LP spring.
__________________
Feedback: Old (+4)
blueshifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:11 PM #7
onu2015
Da Bears
 
onu2015's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Trenton OH
onu2015 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
onu2015 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
onu2015 supports Team VICIOUS
onu2015 supports Team VICIOUS
onu2015 supports DLX Technology
like i said its going to get done regardless because it wont cost me anything and i like giving pooty some business. but thanks for the input
__________________
JT Impulse F/S/T
onu2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump