PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-03-2013, 10:12 AM #85
jeryzkid22
lone ranger

Annual Supporting Member
I'm 32 and play 3 to 4 times a month depending on my work schedule. During the holidays I played 3 times in a week since the field was open all week long. I play mostly pump, I find that I have lost a few steps but I get a lot more bonces now!

jeryzkid22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-03-2013, 12:08 PM #86
Boom Master
Scenario Player

Some people have to have the latest and greatest. Rate of Fire still seems to be popular along with the quest for accuracy. Until they make field paint ROUND, my antique spyder classic shoots just as accurately at anything else out there. Rate of fire never appealed to me. We were playing with pumps when the Angels with their UNBELIEVEABLE 13 bps started showing up. They would empty their hopper in 15 seconds and while reloading we would just run up and bunker them. It is not how fast you can shoot but how fast you can reload UNLESS you have a 4000 round hopper with a warp feed attached to your tank machine gun and a SCUBA full of air to shoot it. Well, I broke down and bought an electropneumatic with an external select switch. So far it has been a disappointing marker full of maintanence and breakdowns. I wind up playing with that good old spyder or mech autococker. I take RELIABILITY over rate of fire any day.

But the point is, you don't have to spend more than paint and field fees to have fun.

If you haven't grown up by age 50........

You don't have to......
Boom Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:20 PM #87
Sh0ckw4v3
sh0ckw4v3

Sh0ckw4v3 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Sh0ckw4v3 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
I've played with my uncles who are now 55+.
They kick my *** every time I go out with them.
Hurricane Paintball Park, Palm Bay Florida
Battlefield Orlando (Formally OCP), Bithlo, Florida
Sh0ckw4v3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 02:39 AM #88
C4talyst

C4talyst has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
If you're crazy enough to be so old you're confined to a wheelchair and still want to play, I'll wheel you around myself while you take point. It's the least I would do.
Old 01-06-2013, 01:17 PM #89
JackNieland
Your Best Internet Bro

JackNieland owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
JackNieland plays in the APPA beginner division
I play with a 60 year old guy that kicks my *** six ways of Sunday.
JackNieland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 03:31 PM #90
Sh0ckw4v3
sh0ckw4v3

Sh0ckw4v3 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Sh0ckw4v3 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by C4talyst View Post
If you're crazy enough to be so old you're confined to a wheelchair and still want to play, I'll wheel you around myself while you take point. It's the least I would do.
I support.
Hurricane Paintball Park, Palm Bay Florida
Battlefield Orlando (Formally OCP), Bithlo, Florida
Sh0ckw4v3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 04:33 PM #91
2pipes
Legend in my own MIND

2pipes owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
2pipes supports Team VICIOUS
2pipes has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
2pipes supports DLX Technology
Dead they can't hold a lane for crap!

Ronnie Dixon fan club #30
2pipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:13 PM #92
Boom Master
Scenario Player

As you age past 60, you have to come up with alternative ways to have fun.

For example, we walk out of a restuarant and there is a cop writing a ticket in the handicapped parking. I say,"Why don't you give a senior citizen a break?" He keeps on writing the ticket and puts it on the window. So my wife calls him an asphole. He glares at her, flips the page and starting writing another ticket. "What for? Asphole!" He says "worn tire." We stand there until he puts the ticket on the windshield and our friends get with the program and and starts verbally abusing him as well. He writes a third and then a forth ticket and as he puts it on the windshield, he says "Why didn't you just show me a little respect and get in the car and leave. I told him it wasn't our car and hailed a cab.

You just have to be creative. Same in paintball. Scenario play gives you many more opportunities to be creative than rec ball.

You don't have to......

Last edited by Boom Master : 01-07-2013 at 12:16 PM.
Old 01-07-2013, 02:38 PM #93
ShadowSamurai19
University of Miami

ShadowSamurai19 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ShadowSamurai19 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny96211 View Post
if you dive into s1 and can't walk the next morning, your too old for paintball
Or simply not conditioned enough. Perhaps playing paintball and keeping your body active would have prevented that injury.

Look at Ray Lewis.
Old 01-07-2013, 05:53 PM #94
tim2thousand4
Breakout Action Sports!

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
tim2thousand4 is BST Legit
tim2thousand4 is playing at Living Legends VII
tim2thousand4 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
tim2thousand4 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
tim2thousand4 supports DLX Technology
I've been playing since I was in 7th grade. I don't plan on stopping anytime soon.
Old 01-07-2013, 05:58 PM #95
FatAbe43

FatAbe43 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
FatAbe43 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
FatAbe43 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
21? dude i think 20s is prime time paintball time just because most have some money to be able to work with and you are usually in prime time in your life.

and dead is too old.

The field i play at every sunday has a 74 year old man who plays with an SFT shocker. and let me tell you he knows everthing there is to know about that gun.

Sure he doesnt sprint to "S1" but he walks briskly to a fort in the woods and boy let me tell you when he gets there....theres no point in trying to gun fight with him because he will shoot one carefully considered shot and hit you in the goggles with no problem.

never to old to play, just have to change your strategy a little bit
FatAbe43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 05:21 PM #96
ROTTIMUS PRIME

I'm 43 years young and I've been playing on and off since 1988. I've played with a bunch of guys regularly for years then some of them went to the tournament scene. Others would move away or just have some personal issues. Health, finances, relationships, jobs, etc. They would come back for awhile and then go away, then others would come and take their places regardless of new players coming or old players going I would always be able to find someone or some place to play at and with. Since I shot my first marker which was a stingray.....HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!! That's taking me back. I knew I would be playing for a long time. Alot of people thought I was crazy, while others thought it was pretty cool that I have been doing this for so long and with so many different people. I would drive all NY, CT, and NJ just to play a few hours with complete strangers. But since we all loved paintball for whatever reason it just felt like something that I had to do.
I found my way to a local field a number of years ago and was surprised to see one of the guys who I originally started playing with back in 1990. He's been working and playing at this field for the past 10 years. And he's 20yrs older than me. Needless to say this field is now my regular field and we are running through the woods and laughing and carrying on exactly like we did when we first started playing together in the early 90's. If it's something you love to do and your body and mind are up to. You are never to old to play.
ROTTIMUS PRIME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 03:42 PM #97
OBXballer

51 now, and didn't start playing til my late 30's. For all you nay sayers, shame on you. With age and experience comes shrewdness and stealth. I am getting back into the game after about 3 years off. Come get you some!!! LOL!!!
OBXballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 04:09 PM #98
OBXballer

That's a good one!!

Creative
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Master View Post
As you age past 60, you have to come up with alternative ways to have fun.

For example, we walk out of a restuarant and there is a cop writing a ticket in the handicapped parking. I say,"Why don't you give a senior citizen a break?" He keeps on writing the ticket and puts it on the window. So my wife calls him an asphole. He glares at her, flips the page and starting writing another ticket. "What for? Asphole!" He says "worn tire." We stand there until he puts the ticket on the windshield and our friends get with the program and and starts verbally abusing him as well. He writes a third and then a forth ticket and as he puts it on the windshield, he says "Why didn't you just show me a little respect and get in the car and leave. I told him it wasn't our car and hailed a cab.

You just have to be creative. Same in paintball. Scenario play gives you many more opportunities to be creative than rec ball.
Old 06-30-2014, 04:16 PM #99
LeperLord

LeperLord owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
LeperLord owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
LeperLord supports Empire
The old crusty guys scare me. Im 20 years old and the old crusty guys who have been playing since before the Roman Empire was even a thing are some of the most stupidly skilled gunfighters I have ever seen. Experience over athleticism every time.
Old 06-30-2014, 05:48 PM #100
OBXballer

Well said

Ahhh Grasshopper, you speak with wisdom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeperLord View Post
The old crusty guys scare me. Im 20 years old and the old crusty guys who have been playing since before the Roman Empire was even a thing are some of the most stupidly skilled gunfighters I have ever seen. Experience over athleticism every time.
Old 07-01-2014, 09:47 AM #101
Boom Master
Scenario Player

65 and just got back from a game. My solution was simple. If you can't run and gun, build a RIDE. Half the guys LOVE my tank. Half hates it.

Got to be a grunt on Sunday. No tanks. I can still run with the guys but always playing catch up and huffing and puffing to do it. I passed my last stress test with flying colors but the legs are going away as the years pass. Probably something to do with driving a motorcycle OVER a Buick when I was 19. Hit the ejection seat at 10 feet from the car and ALMOST cleared it. Glancing blow just above both knees. Didn't break them but screwed up everything else. Three sommersaults later I came down on my helmet and shoulder. For those who know me, that should explain a few things......

I am sporting a couple of blue welts for showing the kids when it is time to rush the bunker to take out the last two guys holding up the program. They were busy trading paint with a couple of our players and simply not looking around for other threats. Focused on those couple of guys. Tactical mistake. EXPERIENCE recognized that opportunity and I grabbed a guy and said lets go for it. He didn't want to go. Had to explain to him they are focusing on two targets and not paying attention to other threats. He got it and said OK. I got two out of three and the guy behind me finished the third. Turn the flag. Base is OURS. Mission points.

Not bad for an Old Fart. Paintball is like making love. Timing is everything..

You don't have to......
Old 07-01-2014, 03:50 PM #102
OBXballer

Amen brother, I have realized that age is just a number. If your capable, your capable. When I'm not capable, then I'll give up. When it comes to paintball, if it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, then it's a duck. Keep up the good work.
Old 07-01-2014, 04:03 PM #103
OBXballer

Thumbs up Hail Cesear!!!

Incidentally, you should have seen the gear we had to use before the empire came to power.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeperLord View Post

Last edited by OBXballer : 07-01-2014 at 04:05 PM.