Community Focus

Old 12-23-2012, 10:29 PM #64
memoon
Moon Penguin

memoon supports Team VICIOUS
memoon supports Team VICIOUS
memoon is reppin' sidebar 4 life
memoon plays in the APPA D5 division
One of my teammates is in his mid sixties.....and wrecks people with a pump all day.
memoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-23-2012, 10:30 PM #65
childplease187
call me the little panda

childplease187 supports Team VICIOUS
childplease187 plays in the APPA D5 division
i know people that'll probably still be playing when they are in wheel chairs and walkers man. age is just a number, you stop playing when you want to.
Old 12-23-2012, 11:19 PM #66
shooter686

shooter686 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
shooter686 plays in the APPA D5 division
shooter686 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
shooter686 supports DLX Technology
46 AND still playing..always having fun and being safe!

DaLUXE MOB

Purple/Silver Splash 1.0 Luxe

Last edited by shooter686 : 12-23-2012 at 11:22 PM.
shooter686 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 01:05 PM #67
dnichjr

I am 45 and Just started last year. I can not beleive I waited this long!
dnichjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 01:22 PM #68
Hashish
Science is all metaphor.

Hashish owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Hashish has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Hashish has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by memoon
One of my teammates is in his mid sixties.....and wrecks people with a pump all day.
I love this.
I feel this is how my father would play.
Really going to get him to go for his first time at the age of 62! He's in great shape and was even in the war, maybe some of that experience will help him kick butt all day. He's got bad knees but I won't make him run much, be a supportive back player and have a ton of fun!
Ebay - 26/0/0 - up to date -
Hashish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 06:53 PM #69
venarius

has been a member for 10 years
29 here... got back in after a 10 year haitus. Used to play in my teens. Just as fun now...
Autococker (built from scratch myself back in the day!)

Last edited by venarius : 12-24-2012 at 06:57 PM.
venarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 07:44 PM #70
sonicx059
The Underdog

sonicx059 is playing at Living Legends VI
sonicx059 is playing at Living Legends VII
sonicx059 supports Team VICIOUS
I'm 23 and get embarrassed because I know a 15 year old whose team won cup. That doesn't stop me from playing or trying. I feel the years you invested into playing shouldn't stop stop you because you reached a certain number.
sonicx059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 03:57 PM #71
Topsportsman341h

I'm about to turn 30 and I just got my first electronic gun, played with a tippy since college. As long as you still enjoy it you aren't too old.
Topsportsman341h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 05:35 PM #72
seaneady
Hit The Deadbox Fool

seaneady owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
seaneady owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
seaneady plays in the APPA D4 division
seaneady owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Just hit 38. first time I played was when I was about 18. Just got my 13 year old son into it also. I will play until my body doesn't let me.... Just had major back surgery in July..... Was on the field again in October.

Florida Shakedown
seaneady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 12:38 AM #73
DB-1071
ON THE SIDE OF ANGELS!!!!

DB-1071 is playing at Living Legends V
DB-1071 is playing at Living Legends VI
DB-1071 is playing at Living Legends VII
DB-1071 is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
DB-1071 is a top reviewer
When you can't hold your gun, then it's time to hang it up.

PBNation definition from Urban Dictionary:
A web site where, on any given evening, one may find approximately 500 paintball enthusiasts discussing the sport, and 1500 teenagers calling each other gay.

GO ON, I DARE YOU!! GO ON I DARE YOU, AGAIN!!!
" Physician heal thyself!! " The War Doctor
DB-1071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 01:39 PM #74
Albinopitbul

Albinopitbul owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Albinopitbul owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Albinopitbul plays in the APPA D4 division
You say too old as expensive as this sport can be you have to have some age under your belt just to support that habbit ( yes to me paintball is like a drug ) and a decent job to keep up with the newest equipment and stuff , if you have a itch to play again you never wanted to quit in the first place it was something that is ususally going on in your personal life to cause this, get back on the field man your missing out. Just my opinion
Back Player #00
Come See Me
Albinopitbul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 08:09 PM #75
flapjackofmars
Bonus Baller

flapjackofmars is playing at Living Legends VI
flapjackofmars owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
flapjackofmars owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
flapjackofmars supports Team VICIOUS
Never too old
flapjackofmars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 08:59 PM #76
7paintball
Service at its best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flapjackofmars View Post
Never too old
Old is a state of mind
Lockport, IL 60441
(815) 588-1777

We always offer discounts to the Military, Police and Fire Departments.
7paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 01:37 PM #77
Kbug
Dookie

Kbug owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Kbug has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Kbug supports Empire
I saw a guy at my field a little while back that looked like he was in his 60s or early 70s. My dad is 38 and he didn't even start playing until he was around 31. 21 definitely isn't old.
Kbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 08:33 PM #78
loneassassin
A Grim and...

LOL - 21 and "too old" for paintball. There are some sports where it is physically impossible to win at that age due to insufficient body conditioning over many years (professional road bike racing, to be specific -- the winners of the Tour de France are typically older than 25).

I'm a month away from 35, started playing when I was 13 or 14 (can't remember which), and while I wouldn't say I can run as fast as I used to, I routinely beat people to the "50" whether that halfway mark is on a speedball field or a woodsball field. My snapshot, on the other hand, has gotten more and more lethal as time goes on.

You're never too old for paintball; it isn't even that physical of a sport compared to some -- at least you don't have to be super-fit to enjoy it. Further, there's no reason somebody in their (especially) 30's, 40's, hell even 50's or 60's can't get out there and keep their bodies in shape. I have an uncle who's pushing 55 and regularly goes on 60 mile mountain bike rides. He looks like he's 25 if you see him from a distance.

It's all about telling yourself that you won't let your body go, and that requires a commitment to healthy practices. If you want to continue to enjoy anything, it's up to you to keep your body in shape. As for me, I've only got this one life -- I'll be damned if I let it go to waste sitting on a couch resting my beer on a big gut.

My halfblocked Trilogy pump:
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/b...6/P3250486.jpg
loneassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 08:41 PM #79
SNAKESNIPER (Banned)

I'm 36 years old, but I look like I'm 25.
SNAKESNIPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 12:58 AM #80
Fieldpeice
That Paintball Complexion

Fieldpeice has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fieldpeice has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
We are all getting older its 2013 now I will be 36 this year and will still be playing. It is cheaper and better than a gym membership! Happy new year PBN

Last edited by Fieldpeice : 01-01-2013 at 12:59 AM. Reason: Happy new year!
Fieldpeice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 02:39 AM #81
Punisher068

41 myself,our team founder is 62 and played a 24 hr scenario recently,he's been playing since the late 1980s
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/c...-progress.html
Our teams home field PBN thread
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4292217
Punisher068 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 02:53 AM #82
gavinmgraham

I'm 40 and I paintball, skateboard, ride unicycle and preform in a sideshow. You're only too old for something if you can't physically do it anymore.
gavinmgraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 06:34 PM #83
Boom Master
Scenario Player

Look at my signature. I'm 63 but lie about my age. It is fun seeing how OLD you can get away with. So far, my best was 73. They say, You look GREAT for 73!" You bet I do....

Tournament play is mostly straight ahead brute force play. A handy skill for scenario play but you will have a large learning curve that is a lot of fun. you have to learn to keep your head on a swivel. Be tactically aware. the boundry on your left flank could be a quarter mile away or more. Rec player too are used to looking ONLY straight ahead for threats. Too used to small fields and rarely being flanked. Tournament players also are used to just pushing and pushing. Also useful in scenario play but after you take the objective and raise the flag, you have to HOLD it until the mission time expires. You will be out numbered for the counter attack. If you trade paint with these guys, they will pick you off and you will lose the mission. A HARD skill to learn is to shift from full OFFENCE to playing DEFENSE. Not trade paint. Make them come and die trying...

Been playing 30 years since I discovered it was the only legal way to put bruises on my teenage boys. Played Rec Ball for years and then got hooked on scenario play for the last 10-15 years or so.

You bet I'm slowing down but I have 30 years experience to make up for it. Like making love or hooking a crappie, timing is everything. After a few decades, you can 'smell an opportunity to advance and act on it before it expires a second later. Even with these tired bones I can impress the kids that just wouldn't dare try it... It is a lot of fun chiding my team mates about why the oldest and slowest guy on their team is in FRONT of them.

Now in scenario play, it doesn't matter how old and crippled up you are. Oldest player I've played with was a husband and wife in their 80's. They ran a intelligence and counter intelligence team comprised of their children, grand children and great grandchildren. The young kids just ghillied up with radios and reported troop movements from their assigned positions back to HQ. The young guns sprinted all over the field to intercept enemy mission. Took a bunch of tournament players that just wanted to shoot stuff instead of going on missions. They were call the Death Squad. The BABES were our spy and she was VERY good at it. By 3PM on Saturday, we knew where every mission was going to and shot it up. They COST the other team hundreds of points. Grandma gathered intel as well. She couldn't possibly be a player. Wrong!

When you get too old to run around a paintball field, for two days, just build a motorized tank and drive around the field. Hope to build mine this year but retirement keeps getting in my way. Stuck down in Puerto Vallarta for the winter instead of building my toys over the winter. The wife sure is happy so 2013 is MY TURN..

Lots of the ladies and old guys play scenario play. All the kids want to run and gun, do the ninja moves, buy all the mil sim markers and are fashionably dressed. Somebody has to run the game for your side. The older guys , bad knees, beer gut, post bypass, and wives are the Generals, XO's, field commanders, intelligence officers, etc, etc. you can be a paraplegic in a tank and play paintball. I'm planning on the 10 G network to run my internet controlled, GPS equipped, real time audio/video paintball tank from my nursing home bed. Bet I'll kick some booty until my heart rate goes up too high and the alarm goes off.

If you haven't grown up by age 50........

You don't have to......
Boom Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:50 AM #84
DaveA

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7paintball View Post
Old is a state of mind
That's why the OP should just hang it up right now.
DaveA is offline   Reply With Quote