Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-10-2012, 11:52 PM #1
99BPS

Questions for KP Upgrades

So, after a few years off from paintball I'm trying to get back in. I played a lot in High School, but when I became a college kid I could not seem to ever have the money to both fix my gear, replace what I needed too and actually play. In the end I needed a brand new hopper and only had one working tourney level electro that didn't need major monetary upgrades.

Instead of doing that work, I'm switching to Pump play. I'm not going to spend the money on semi if I don't compete anymore. It was one thing to spend 70/case and shoot it in a few games when I was on a team that traveled to major tourneys, but not if I'm just paying for fun as a broke college student.

So I grabbed a lightly used Kaos Pump for under 100 bucks. I don't want to spend too much more on the marker, but there are a few things I'm looking to address. The major thing is the lack of a stock regulator. This is not critical, but something I would like. The idea of spending money on a new regulator is not appealing, so considering the low value of bone stock ions in the resale market I am thinking about stealing parts. Clearly the Regulator will fit, but my question...

Will the stock ION regulator (original ion back in the day) run a high enough pressure for the stock Kaos pump??? I guess I'll find out when the marker comes, but I'd like to plan in advance.
99BPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 05:40 PM #2
JoepSantaniello
Shotgun Diplomat.

JoepSantaniello plays in the APPA D5 division
JoepSantaniello supports DLX Technology
Azodin guns run on higher pressure than the Ion would ever want to. It may not go as high as desired is what i'm trying to say
JoepSantaniello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 05:43 PM #3
JoepSantaniello
Shotgun Diplomat.

JoepSantaniello plays in the APPA D5 division
JoepSantaniello supports DLX Technology
http://akalmp.com/regulators.html
I know this expensive for a reg but it honestly improved my Prostock 4 performance
JoepSantaniello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 05:25 PM #4
Slo poke

I changed the reg seat to the new rocket reg seat (which the Azodin rep here sent me for free ) Techt bolt and new barrel and I am very happy with mine. Maybe a clamping feed neck if you really want to get picky.
Slo poke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 10:39 AM #5
99BPS

The KP2s feedneck is solid, and the stock reg is better then the ION.

When it came I realized I had the 2 w/ a stock reg instead of gas thru grip.

I like the AKA reg idea, sit on the stock reg for awhile and then buy the best around (AKA for sure) when I've saved up. I think thats going on an ebay watch list honestly.

I hear good things about the zero and techt bolts, but awesome about the hush. So i'm guessing one of those two is what I should be looking at.

I grabbed a J and J, BL Assassins and Stiffi Barrel in diff bore sizes for my pump. It shoots tits with HPA and a good paint barrel match, but im working on my Co2 tuning still.
Mech: GoG EnmeY
Pump: Az KP2, Pre2K WGP PumPed Cocker
Old School: Evil Pimp #1: Black/Silver
Super Pimp (#2): *Minty stock* SuperMan color swap
99BPS is offline   Reply With Quote