Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-20-2012, 08:56 AM #1
dtharton

G6R vs Ripper vs DM12

Just like the title says, would like to know you guys opinion. I love bob long guns and I current shoot a bob long closer and love how it shoots which is why I'm thinking ripper but wanted some one else's opinion between them. Please give reasons why you would choose one or the other.
dtharton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-20-2012, 03:05 PM #2
blueshifty
RIP: Underĝath

Either of the BL guns > DM. If you're looking for a spool then MacDev would be my choice, but the vic is amazing.
Old 12-20-2012, 03:09 PM #3
STLOutlawz

STLOutlawz plays in the PSP
STLOutlawz owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
STLOutlawz plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueshifty View Post
Either of the BL guns > DM. If you're looking for a spool then MacDev would be my choice, but the vic is amazing.
Amen to that, I LOVE my g6r. The dm12 I shot was nice but personally I would keep my g6r allllllll day. Bob is good at what he does, plus it's made in the USA!
Old 12-20-2012, 03:09 PM #4
dtharton

Is the Vic ripper worth the extra $250? I've heard that every one loves the g6r and I'm just wondering if the Vic doesn't get much love since it gets over looked alot. How much better would a clone gt be compared to the above 3 and what makes it better?
Old 12-20-2012, 03:10 PM #5
STLOutlawz

I don't see the need for the extra 250, I would MUCH rather have a g6r
Old 12-20-2012, 03:17 PM #6
blueshifty

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtharton View Post
Is the Vic ripper worth the extra $250? I've heard that every one loves the g6r and I'm just wondering if the Vic doesn't get much love since it gets over looked alot. How much better would a clone gt be compared to the above 3 and what makes it better?
I don't particularly care for the ripper milling to be honest and would stick to a regular v2 if it was me. I actually traded my G6R for a clone and didn't regret it a bit, but mostly due to the feel. G6Rs seem a little to heavy to me and the LPR doesn't let me grip the gun the way I like. You really can't go wrong with the 3, but the clone is the smoothest (not by a lot), quietest (not by a lot), has a great stock board and is just all around great. The G6R is almost as smooth and quiet as a clone, but is more efficient and debatable more reliable. The beauty of a vic is that it is somewhere in between. Smooth, quiet, efficient, oh and did I say smooth. You are definitely looking at my favorite 3 guns and it's pretty preferential at this point.

I'll also say that I jump back and forth between MacDev and BLAST and love both companies. My last few trades were Droid > '11 G6R > Clone VX'd > Vice > Closer and of all of them I like'd the droid and the closer probably the best.

Last edited by blueshifty : 12-20-2012 at 03:24 PM.
blueshifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 03:27 PM #7
dtharton

See that's my issue to, I love my closer so much and how it feels but would like a newer gun. So really I'm stuck between a G6R and spending the extra cash for a macdev. What's the difference in a clone and a droid. Is the clone much better than the drone?
Old 12-20-2012, 03:34 PM #8
blueshifty

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtharton View Post
See that's my issue to, I love my closer so much and how it feels but would like a newer gun. So really I'm stuck between a G6R and spending the extra cash for a macdev. What's the difference in a clone and a droid. Is the clone much better than the drone?
I didn't like the G6R as much as I had hoped and most of that was just personal preference. I like to wrap my hand over the barrel and the LPR on the G6R makes that impossible. The vice shot every bit as nice, but stacked tube poppets just aren't my thing. The droid is an older clone (kinda like a vice to a G6R or marq to a vic)... with a gold bolt I actually thought it was smoother than my clone and the grip was bigger and fit my hand well. That platform is amazing for a spool. Smooth, quiet, relatively efficient an feels great. I'm not sure what it is, but I like the way the closer cycle feels. Kinda that loose poppet feel, but smooth and quiet like a spool.
Old 12-20-2012, 10:20 PM #9
STLOutlawz

My thing is I have the best of both worlds. I have a g6r and a droid (almost exactly a clone) so when I don't feel like shooting one I shoot the other!
Old 12-24-2012, 09:19 AM #10
wildspinx
T-MOB

Annual Supporting Member
wildspinx plays in the PSP
wildspinx helped look for balloons
wildspinx supports Team VICIOUS
wildspinx supports DLX Technology
the droid has a little more weight to it than the clone, and I honestly like the weight a little more, and I think that is why it feels a little smoother than a clone. But you cannot go wrong with either, but $$$$ wise I would say get a droid with gold bolt and you wouldn't regret it for years!