PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-10-2012, 03:01 PM #1
Not AzaTuR
Wax On Wax Off

Wolverines claws? Adamantium or Bone?

Okay, so as per common knowledge of the Marvel universe, Wolverine's claws and the rest of his skeleton are made of the indestructible metal adamantium. Apparently now, his claws are actually made of bone, which is the current revelation since Magneto ripped his adamantium skeleton out of his body.

BUT, have you ever considered this? Perhaps he was born with natural retractable claws made of bone (very strong or not), but when he joined the Weapon X program, they surgically removed his bone claws in order to replace them with the stronger adamantium claws. During this time, the original bone claws never grew back, probably because his body was under the impression they were still there (much like how people with skin grafts don't develop excess skin bulges, the body knows to stop growing skin). But when his metal skeleton was ripped out, claws and all, his body finally acknowledged the missing body part, and regenerated the claws, this time of course from natural bone.

XBLAzaTuR
Not AzaTuR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-10-2012, 03:05 PM #2
DMC_OWNER
Much bad. Very wow.

...this is dumb...the movie shows that he had bone claws (and was born with) before the adamantium procedure. The metal bonded over his entire skeleton including his bone claws.

Originally Posted by NinjaMouse:But as a poster in this thread, all I can say is good ****ing luck to whoever wants to try to knock you off the #1 spot. That will take something epic. It would be the upset of the posting season.

Last edited by DMC_OWNER : 12-10-2012 at 03:09 PM.
DMC_OWNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 03:09 PM #3
DMC_OWNER
Much bad. Very wow.

If you are specifically referring to in the comics or whatever when Magneto rips out his adamantium, and wolverine "discovers" that he has bone claws, that's somewhat stupid when you consider the movie and his back story.

How can he "discover" something he was born with already and had before the procedure?

All the adamantium did was reinforce the bones he already had.

Originally Posted by NinjaMouse:But as a poster in this thread, all I can say is good ****ing luck to whoever wants to try to knock you off the #1 spot. That will take something epic. It would be the upset of the posting season.
Old 12-10-2012, 03:10 PM #4
JeepRallye08
KCMO

It all depends on what comics you're reading in the marvel universe. I know in one the claws were a result of his body trying to reject the metal. in the origins story went with bone claws that were then coated in the metal.

"Originally posted by apes4us: :dodgyrun: Yeah, this is shaping up to be the first and last time I post in small talk. Mostly trolls and idiots that think Ebay just gave them a virus. :facepalm:"

"Originally posted by daily_horrors:This should be YOUR sig"
JeepRallye08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 03:11 PM #5
JeepRallye08
KCMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMC_OWNER View Post
If you are specifically referring to in the comics or whatever when Magneto rips out his adamantium, and wolverine "discovers" that he has bone claws, that's somewhat stupid when you consider the movie and his back story.

How can he "discover" something he was born with already and had before the procedure?

All the adamantium did was reinforce the bones he already had.
because he has no memory prior to weapon X.

"Originally posted by apes4us: :dodgyrun: Yeah, this is shaping up to be the first and last time I post in small talk. Mostly trolls and idiots that think Ebay just gave them a virus. :facepalm:"

Old 12-10-2012, 03:13 PM #6
DMC_OWNER
Much bad. Very wow.

http://theboard.byu.edu/questions/50760/

Also, wolverine might not have the memory of it, but we as the readers/watchers got to see this...and that's Azatur's main point, questioning about the bone claws. Of course he already had bone claws...we know this to be true...Wolverine doesn't remember of course.

His bone claws never disappeared. The adamantium was bonded over them, and he thought that those were his only claws due to memory loss. The bones never "re grew" they were always there... so after the adamantium was ripped from his body, it left only the bone structure...and temporarily left Logan without his healing powers.

Last edited by DMC_OWNER : 12-10-2012 at 03:17 PM.
Old 12-10-2012, 03:17 PM #7
KyIsBack
Flim Flam

Nerds.

POW
KyIsBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 03:18 PM #8
DMC_OWNER
Much bad. Very wow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyIsBack View Post
Nerds.
You shut your whore mouth. X-men is awesome.

Old 12-10-2012, 03:54 PM #9
JeepRallye08
KCMO

Quote:
http://theboard.byu.edu/questions/50760/

Also, wolverine might not have the memory of it, but we as the readers/watchers got to see this...and that's Azatur's main point, questioning about the bone claws. Of course he already had bone claws...we know this to be true...Wolverine doesn't remember of course.

His bone claws never disappeared. The adamantium was bonded over them, and he thought that those were his only claws due to memory loss. The bones never "re grew" they were always there... so after the adamantium was ripped from his body, it left only the bone structure...and temporarily left Logan without his healing powers.
Is the quoted from a BYU board. as in Brigham Young University? I can't trust a source cited from mormons.

Old 12-10-2012, 03:59 PM #10
DMC_OWNER
Much bad. Very wow.

I dunno...it's just one of the first articles that came up when I googled "Magneto rips out Wolverine's adamantium"

Old 12-10-2012, 04:01 PM #11
ProtoBaller1991
Come to VLN my child

ProtoBaller1991 donated to help Peyton Trent
wait wut
PMR Frame/Board F/s
ProtoBaller1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 04:02 PM #12
JeepRallye08
KCMO

Quote:
I dunno...it's just one of the first articles that came up when I googled "Magneto rips out Wolverine's adamantium"
lol i just assumed mormons would think comics were evil. oh well i need to brush up on the X men story line been on a Batman kick for awhile. about to read Hush.

Old 12-10-2012, 04:52 PM #13
The_Hawk
There Is No Society

The_Hawk is reppin' sidebar 4 life
The_Hawk is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
ITT: Nerds.
Let's jam

"Originally posted by pok3ypuppy: LOL SOMEBODY SHOULD SIG THIS."
The_Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 04:57 PM #14
Not AzaTuR
Wax On Wax Off

Secondly, Superwoman is the ONLY mate for Superman. Considering his super human thunder thrusts, Superwoman is his only potential partner. Now, okay, what's wrong with that? Well what IF they didn't want any super babies? There is no known element on Earth that would be able to stop Supermans super slip stream ejaculation... The ONLY element capable to sustain such epic pressure is the alien element you may all know as Kryptonian (A frequently mentioned stone in the Superman series comics issues 17, 367, 368 and 579, that is Superman supposed only weakness). But the problem is, if Superman use a Kryptonian condom, it will kill him. Problem?

Discuss....

XBLAzaTuR
Not AzaTuR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:00 PM #15
Fuzzy R. McNuggs
yes

Fuzzy R. McNuggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:04 PM #16
earlsweatshirt (Banned)
Lets get weird

Whos wolverine?
earlsweatshirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:16 PM #17
tsbalr120
Goooonsberry

tsbalr120 is an NCPA player
tsbalr120 is Legendary
-Born with bone claws

-gets metal treatment

-loses memory from being shot in head

- metal gets ripped out and discovers his bone claws he forgot about

Jeeze
Old 12-10-2012, 05:27 PM #18
GB20
G-no

has been a member for 10 years
GB20 is a Professional paintball player
GB20 is a Forum Captain
I remember reading this when I was a kid... around 20 years ago... and this is a so called revelation for you by saying "apparently now"?

INFAMOUS #20
JACKSONVILLE RAIDERS #20
VICIOUS #00
GB20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:27 PM #19
EmpireEmperor

EmpireEmperor is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
EmpireEmperor is Legendary
EmpireEmperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:43 PM #20
Noble Fortune (Banned)
Hakuna Matata

You suck at halo
Noble Fortune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:46 PM #21
Evac.
Wolfpack

Annual Supporting Member
Evac. is a Paintball photographer
Evac. plays in the PSP
Please tell me why this **** actually matters.
Evac. is online now   Reply With Quote