ol'butdeadly

Annual Supporting Member
ol'butdeadly is BST Legit
ol'butdeadly owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ol'butdeadly has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
ol'butdeadly supports DLX Technology
False Offers

Should have never tried. Never mind. Lol
... but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.(Joshua 24:15)

Everyone's rules say "I don't ship first".
How do any deals ever get done if nobody ships first????

Last edited by ol'butdeadly : 12-14-2012 at 01:03 PM.
ol'butdeadly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:10 AM #2
L8r_H8r
Timers are ready

Annual Supporting Member
L8r_H8r supports our troops
L8r_H8r supports DLX Technology
Things come up. Even in my case, there have been small emergencies that arise while I'm in the process of completing a transaction with someone.

For what you are suggesting: PbN has zero control of what other people do, so there is no way to regulate this "proposal". You, as a seller or trader, need to use your best judgement before starting the communication process between a possibly interested buyer. By looking at the user's feedback and their post history, you can usually get an idea of what their habits are.

Ninja Shocker SFT

Shocker Owners
L8r_H8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:40 AM #3
ol'butdeadly

Annual Supporting Member
ol'butdeadly is BST Legit
ol'butdeadly owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ol'butdeadly has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
ol'butdeadly supports DLX Technology
I'm not suggesting that things do not come up. I'm also not suggesting that PBNation try to regulate this. What I'm saying is that people need to have some common courtesy when dealing.
If someone pm's me and submits an offer and I respond with an acceptance then that should be a deal. It's not my judgement that's in question. It's other's judgement on how they handle themselves.
I'm not sure how anyone can make an argument that if you are not prepared to go through with a deal, you shouldn't make an offer. Unless of course you are one of the people I am speaking of. Not a single person on the forum can tell me that something has come up in every instance I am talking about. I am certainly not the only one this happens to. In one listing alone I have had six offers in the last few weeks, and accepted all of them, only to have something "come up".
All I am proposing is that people show a little respect to each other and have some sort of ethics in dealing.
... but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.(Joshua 24:15)

Everyone's rules say "I don't ship first".
How do any deals ever get done if nobody ships first????
ol'butdeadly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:44 PM #4
Rob66
youtube.com/shootinstuff

Rob66 posts videos on PbNation
Rob66 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Rob66 is Legendary
Rob66 supports Empire
so basically you want people to not do what you have already done? check your negative feedback, don't suggest something if you do it
Rob66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:26 PM #5
bronze
copper alloy

Annual Supporting Member
bronze donated to help Peyton Trent
bronze is playing at Living Legends VII
bronze posts videos on PbNation
Yeah sorry dude but its part of the game. According to pbn, a deal is not completed until cash or items have exchanged hands. Reasons do come up and try to be understnading. It does suck when you see they found a better gun for a slightly better price and ignore you.
Old 12-12-2012, 11:42 PM #6
2pipes
Legend in my own MIND

2pipes owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
2pipes supports Team VICIOUS
2pipes has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
2pipes supports DLX Technology
I understand your frustration. I have had a "trade" go on for 2 weeks with constant changes as to what my end of the bargain would be, but some people are fickle. Other trades have happened in the blink on a eye and stuff was in the mail. Do your research on the person. Check their feedback and maybe more importantly their other posts. If the guys a dick to other posters maybe they are a dick to deal with. If they are offering their marker to everyone on Nation, then maybe a better offer will come up and you are left out in the cold.

Ronnie Dixon fan club #30

Last edited by 2pipes : 02-14-2013 at 07:27 AM.
2pipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 09:52 PM #7
2pipes
Legend in my own MIND

2pipes owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
2pipes supports Team VICIOUS
2pipes has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
2pipes supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by bronze
Yeah sorry dude but its part of the game. According to pbn, a deal is not completed until cash or items have exchanged hands. Reasons do come up and try to be understnading. It does suck when you see they found a better gun for a slightly better price and ignore you.
Deal shopping?

I think being up front with people goes a long way. My recent dealing "Marker names have been changed to protect the innocent".

I wanted a used marker with a short list of colors. I looked in BST and found 2 candidates. I posted in thread the offer and pm'd same offer and "stated that I had posted another offer" and was looking to make a deal with first responder. After making first deal I changed my post and pm'd that I had made a deal elsewhere.

Was I wrong, if I was up front and honest?

Ronnie Dixon fan club #30
2pipes is offline   Reply With Quote