Community Focus

Old 01-26-2013, 11:06 AM #22
die.another.day

Wouldnt expect anything else from a spyder lol
die.another.day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 06:46 PM #23
SPYDRMN22
Private Labels Only!

Well it sounds like its the paint is too brittle for your gun according to your research,also check to see if your ball detent is still in there.The bouncing could be from a bad striker oring or a dirty gun,clean the gun inside and check the striker oring to make sure there's no chunks missing or if it's broke then re oil it and see what happens.Also try shooting some harder shell paint some $30 stuff,another thing is where do you store your paint if it's too cold it will get brittle.

My PBN Feedback
My AOG Feedback
Old Feedback
SPYDRMN22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:33 PM #24
ferret15
STTB connoisseur

Annual Supporting Member
ferret15 donated to help Peyton Trent
Hey you still got that spyder. They can be wonderful guns and its a shame you've had so much trouble. I suggest keeping it either way and trying to get it to work first. If you can, your smarter for it and it worth selling if you still don't like it. If its broken and doesn't work, who is going to buy it?

Like SPYDERMN22 said try different paint and use your Journey or something better, not the revvy. Old school revvys are fine because they are sound activated, new one are bogus weaksauce that constantly "agitate" which means it probably was a blender.

FPS issue, turn the reg up to increase Velocity(FPS) not the veloctiy screw on the back. In fact you should tune it correctly while your at it (while dry firing/eyes off) turn the reg down till it starts sputtering. Then turn it up untill it get to your velocity. Do this rather slowly around 3+ shots at a time so the reg is constant. Make small adjustments with the back screw on a new day of play.

TRIGGER ISSUE: you can't have a super close trigger or you bounce, adjust it so it has some room to breathe. The kick from spyders will make hair triggers fire and it looks like bounce. The other thing you might have going on is your mode. PSP you have to pull the trigger about 4 times per second to get it going, it ramps to 13bps, then when you stop it fires 3 additional shots.

I'm all out of ideas again and this text is so plain.

I'm still not sure how I feel about this new look.
ferret15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 02:17 AM #25
huyy11

Solution possibly

Hi der, I had this same problem, if you haven't fixed it yet, get an allen key(forget which 1 might be the 1 that fits in your feedneck) and flip your gun upside down. There is 3.5 holes, 2.5 of them is for changing your trigger. The 1 on the VERY FAR LEFT that isn't for your trigger needs to be tightened a bit for it to stop chopping. My brother and I had the problem and this fixed it for us both. Hope it works. Good luck .
huyy11 is offline   Reply With Quote