Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-18-2012, 01:23 PM #22
apes4us
MO

One thing nobody has mentioned is the fact that YOU DO NOT NEED AUTOTRIGGER TO PLAY PUMP. Playing pump is about challenging yourself, not "laying ropes" like you do with your semi.
apes4us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-18-2012, 01:38 PM #23
Tracker
Demigod

Tracker is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Tracker helped look for balloons
Tracker has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
agreed.. with the way some people play "pump" anymore, your really just doing yourself a disservice by not shooting a semi, you waste more paint from the inherent inaccuracy that is auto triggering, than if you just shot a mechanical semi-auto

Tracker

BoneBreak Excal, Grey Resurrection, 04 APL viking
Tracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 02:48 PM #24
onepumpchump13
Total Greif #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by apes4us View Post
One thing nobody has mentioned is the fact that YOU DO NOT NEED AUTOTRIGGER TO PLAY PUMP. Playing pump is about challenging yourself, not "laying ropes" like you do with your semi.
Nobody mentioned it because it wasn't the topic. It is irrelevant personal feelings on if you think AT is pump or not.

Again try what you like and see what works for you. Make it to Chili Bowl @ Xtreme there will be A LOT of different pumps to try out!

http://www.xtremepaintballpark.com/
http://www.chipleymachine.com/
http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=1809223332
onepumpchump13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 08:46 AM #25
MrLittlerSmith
Should Be Doing Homework

MrLittlerSmith has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by onepumpchump13 View Post
Nobody mentioned it because it wasn't the topic. It is irrelevant personal feelings on if you think AT is pump or not.

Again try what you like and see what works for you. Make it to Chili Bowl @ Xtreme there will be A LOT of different pumps to try out!
I'll be there! Pretty stoked actually . Will it be mainly pump or a lil bit of everything? and on topic I'll probably end up nabbing a s6.5 or a j12 in the future depending on how much cash I have. Just gotta figure out whether or not I like a 45 or an 86 frame better... I really appreciate everybody's help!

"Originally posted by DB-1071: "Pump players are the first ones I shoot in open play rec-ball, those guys are sneaky bastards!!!"
MrLittlerSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 09:58 AM #26
onepumpchump13
Total Greif #13

Chili bowl is a lil bit of everything but I do think there will be a lot of pumpers this year.

Old 12-19-2012, 01:30 PM #27
apes4us
MO

Quote:
Originally Posted by onepumpchump13 View Post
Nobody mentioned it because it wasn't the topic.
It should be. The OP is new to pump and should consider spending more like $200 to try out pump than $600. I don't understand why pump is synonymous with CCM here on PBN.
Old 12-19-2012, 03:10 PM #28
Castro #66
Not a Moderator*

Annual Supporting Member
Castro #66 is a Supporting Member
Castro #66 is playing at Living Legends VII
Castro #66 supports Bob Gurnsey
Castro #66 is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
Castro #66 is Legendary
Castro #66 is attending Decay of Nations VII
It isn't. But it happens to be a goal for most.

Castro #66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 03:34 PM #29
apes4us
MO

That's what doesn't make any sense. Why even start playing pump when your goal is to own the highest ROF marker in the class? It defeats the purpose of limiting yourself in the first place.
I already know the answer to my question. It is because it is cool right now to say you play pump.
Old 12-19-2012, 04:13 PM #30
ShoopDaWhoop900
Go Noles!

ShoopDaWhoop900 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
I didnt go out a buy a pump just to be cool. I bought it to test my self with accuracy and relying on skill not rate of fire. So for most people playing pump isnt just about rate of fire. I played a pump only night at my field and only once did someone acctually use their autotrigger. So im not sure where you play, but the pump players in my are are still playing to test their skill vs their finger speed.
Old 12-19-2012, 05:03 PM #31
MrLittlerSmith
Should Be Doing Homework

Just a heads up guys, not new to pump. Have a $150 AC pump (check avatar) That I've been using for a few months now. This thread was purely for the future when I decide to upgrade, and I was curious on others' thoughts.

"Originally posted by DB-1071: "Pump players are the first ones I shoot in open play rec-ball, those guys are sneaky bastards!!!"
Old 12-19-2012, 05:14 PM #32
Castro #66
Not a Moderator*

Annual Supporting Member
Castro #66 is Legendary
Highest ROF? Nonsense. There are so many better reasons to buy a CCM than the amount of paint it will shoot.

Maybe you aren't aware of mQ and pnue-assist pumps?

Old 12-19-2012, 06:47 PM #33
apes4us
MO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castro #66 View Post
Highest ROF? Nonsense. There are so many better reasons to buy a CCM than the amount of paint it will shoot.
Maybe you aren't aware of mQ and pnue-assist pumps?
Of course. Highest ROF out of the box, if you want to nit-pick.

There are better reasons, but you can't convince me that is what is driving people to buy CCMs.
I should say, Rod and Mel are great and I'm glad to see them doing well, but as a whole "pump" has lost its way.
Old 12-19-2012, 07:18 PM #34
scroadkill
still pump'n - go figure

hmm..lets see... high end pumps....sterlings, buzzards, pumped free flows ULs Evos, Gargoyles, Pyres, Ducks, KPs..

OP: to sheep or not to sheep.. the choice is yours.
Old 12-19-2012, 07:44 PM #35
Bits64
ishootdeadpeople

Bits64 plays in the PSP
how about play paintball with a gun that makes you enjoy playing and not worry about the marker itself.
Bits64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 08:05 PM #36
onepumpchump13
Total Greif #13

Why does every thread turn into an off topic rant about how much Someone knows over the other...

CCM VS CCM'd Autococker ftw.

Old 12-20-2012, 12:15 AM #37
MrLittlerSmith
Should Be Doing Homework

This definitely got a bit out of hand...

And @apes4us, try and chill out a bit man The reason I got into pump was to save cash, and make myself a better player, not just someone who hides behind rof. And the reason I'm looking into CCM isn't autotrigger, because I could honestly tell you that if that were my main reason it would've contradicted the two reasons I got into pump in the first place. I'm looking into CCM because of it's reputation of quality, smoothness, and being the all around best.

Anyway, like Castro's sig says, Why can't we all Just play Paintball?

Old 12-20-2012, 12:23 AM #38
Castro #66
Not a Moderator*

Annual Supporting Member
Castro #66 is Legendary
I've been playing pump a long time, and I gotta say I don't see anything wrong with having an ideal or goal like that. Plenty of other players want the newest, hottest or best-performing Planet or Tippmann gun, but never get around to owning one. I build nice snipers for myself and others all the time, have owned a T2 and an S6.5, but I fall back on an S6 when I get into the action.

My point among all of this is it doesn't really matter how the gun performs as long as it does what you want it to. Being comfortable with a gun is most important, and people make that distinction in different ways. It's ALL pump. Just let it be pump, and maybe be happy that you have one more thing in common with your fellow man.

Old 12-20-2012, 08:07 AM #39
apes4us
MO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castro #66 View Post
I've been playing pump a long time, and I gotta say I don't see anything wrong with having an ideal or goal like that. Plenty of other players want the newest, hottest or best-performing Planet or Tippmann gun, but never get around to owning one. I build nice snipers for myself and others all the time, have owned a T2 and an S6.5, but I fall back on an S6 when I get into the action.

My point among all of this is it doesn't really matter how the gun performs as long as it does what you want it to. Being comfortable with a gun is most important, and people make that distinction in different ways. It's ALL pump. Just let it be pump, and maybe be happy that you have one more thing in common with your fellow man.
As have I, that's why playing pump used to be something of a religious experience, no one was waiting for the newest, fastest, hottest marker to be released. That behavior was only on the speedball scene. Oh well, I guess it's a better direction for paintball as a whole, I just am getting too old to have to regress to stock class

P.S. I find it hard to see anything I have in common with the guy that has a rotor on his CCM and a 68/45 supplying it.
Old 12-20-2012, 09:43 AM #40
Bits64
ishootdeadpeople

Bits64 plays in the PSP
OP: one of the things you really need to try is the different gripframes. 45 and 86. if you do like 45 then ccm offers fat and thin 45s. when you come to the field next ask some of the greifers to try their guns. really just shouldering and pay attention to how your hand and arm position react to the different trigger frames.
Bits64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 09:08 AM #41
ThorsHammer45

Annual Supporting Member
ThorsHammer45 is BST Legit
ThorsHammer45 is playing at Living Legends V
ThorsHammer45 is playing at Living Legends VI
ThorsHammer45 is playing at Living Legends VII
ThorsHammer45 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
ThorsHammer45 supports Team VICIOUS
My son and I use our pumps all the time against guys with high-end electros and it is a BLAST! With a little bit of autotrigger once in a great while (when you are being rushed by 3+ guys) it does help a little. The benefit is that when we play against less experienced players, it makes the games more fun and interesting (we still have the advantage I am afraid).

I prefer to shoot my CCM S6. It is super smooth, reliable, and the trigger is pure money.

Why this big hub-bub about this gun or that gun, auto-trigger or not, blah blah blah?? Just go out on the field and HAVE FUN!!!!

In the end, it is all about the paint-to-hit ratio anyways....