PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-08-2012, 01:04 PM #1
xxking88xx

xxking88xx has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Please Help Ion Blackheart Board Settings

Hi guys i just got an ion with the blackheart board qev and cp reg. Im running an empire prophecy with it, and want to get a good rate of fire out of it but i am having troubles. I reset the settings back to factory settings and when i start to fire fast the bolt sticks forward and leaks air really fast. My question is what are the best settings for my dwell rate of fire and operating pressure to achive a good rate of fire (around 18bps) and use the minimum amount of air with it still being accurate. I want to be able to have it shoot ropes with no problems or drop off PLEASE help ME i cant even shoot the gun with out the bolt getting stuck and losing all my air. What am i doing wrong and what should i adjust? THANK
xxking88xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-09-2012, 06:23 PM #2
theblindchicken
49'er

theblindchicken is an NCPA player
theblindchicken is an NCPA National Champion
theblindchicken plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxking88xx View Post
Hi guys i just got an ion with the blackheart board qev and cp reg. Im running an empire prophecy with it, and want to get a good rate of fire out of it but i am having troubles. I reset the settings back to factory settings and when i start to fire fast the bolt sticks forward and leaks air really fast. My question is what are the best settings for my dwell rate of fire and operating pressure to achive a good rate of fire (around 18bps) and use the minimum amount of air with it still being accurate. I want to be able to have it shoot ropes with no problems or drop off PLEASE help ME i cant even shoot the gun with out the bolt getting stuck and losing all my air. What am i doing wrong and what should i adjust? THANK
18bps is a little excessive, don't you think? Most tournaments cap around 12-15bps. Most fields (if they cap) is probably the same as well. Plus we don't need new players to be overshot every time and make them not want to play anymore.

With a QEV, you will be able to decrease your dwell to ~20's.

With the operating pressure, set it to a good velocity below what your field allows (don't need you shooting hot on anyone) and adjust your dwell accordingly to make it more consistent.

What bolt are you using? (Your factory dwell is most likely causing the bolt stick issue)

"Accuracy" is typically created by good paint (no dents, consistent sizes), a clean barrel, and a good paint-to-bore sizing (your should typically not move in your barrel, but should be easy to blow it out)

A good paint-to-bore sizing will also increase your efficiency greatly (over boring will decrease it because this will create less pressure behind the ball since the air will go around it. Under boring can decrease efficiency since this will create a higher pressure, due to the increased friction on the paintball by the barrel, needed to propel the paintball out of the barrel)

Drop off can also be caused by your battery, make sure you use a fresh brand name 9v (such as Duracell, Energizer, etc..)

Your ROF setting is mainly used to adjust your BPS once you have adjusted the dwell/Operating Pressure.
theblindchicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:22 PM #3
tyronejk
titular

tyronejk is an NCPA player
tyronejk plays in the APPA beginner division
Underboring is actually more efficient. PunkWorks did a whole series of tests with dozens of barrels. I have personally tested this out with 683-685 field paint and 679, 684, and 689 Freak inserts and the 679 does give me the highest velocity.

Theoretical max efficiency of a marker
Automated paintball turret
tyronejk is offline   Reply With Quote