PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-27-2014, 10:18 AM #1
Mr.Dirt

Mr.Dirt is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Mr.Dirt has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
SFT noid/manifold leak

Hey, I'm having trouble getting my gun to stop leaking from the solenoid manifold. It is a baseline sft shocker with an evo v2 bolt, and parker solinoid. First thing I did was replace all six orings on the manifold, following the guide on zdspb. Aired it up, still leaked from the rear exhaust port between the noid and manifold(right below where the grey, second section of the noid meets the black 3rd section, between where the eye and board plugs into.)

Next I replaced the bolt sail oring and the second oring on the bolt sleeve. Aired it up, and it still leaked. Then I replaced all the orings throughout the entire bolt kit, with no success in fixing the small leak.

I then replaced all the orings on the left solenoid insert(the side with the long mesh filter.) I also removed the body set screw beneath the solenoid manifold and used blue loctite to secure it, and gave it well over 24 hours to cure. No success.

After all of that, I figured it must be the solenoid. So I took the solenoid from my brother strange sft(he bolt, parker noid) that doesn't leak from his gun, and installed it on mine. Still leaking from the same spot on my gun(yet the solenoid from his gun doesn't leak when installed onto his strange shocker).

At this point, I am stumped. One thing I did notice today is that our solenoid manifolds appear to be different from eachother. See below for the picture.

Any ideas for the cause of the leak? I'm about to stick the solenoid from my gun onto his strange and see if it leaks, then I'm going to swap the manifold from his strange onto my gun with my solenoid and see if that does the trick, but I'm expecting to get the same results that I have been getting all along.
The leak is not bad, barely noticable while holding the gun, the gun is still usable, but it has bothered the **** out of me for a long time.
His(strange shocker, no leaky)Left. Mine(base model, leaky leaky)Right.

WTB MQ Valve Urethane dot's
Mr.Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-27-2014, 12:52 PM #2
Apollo918
Proud 'Fossil' Owner

Apollo918 plays in the PSP
Apollo918 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Apollo918 supports Team VICIOUS
Apollo918 plays in the APPA D4 division
Over pressurizing the gun?
Old 03-27-2014, 01:15 PM #3
Mr.Dirt

I have a gauge on it, set just below 200. I also swapped around the manifolds and solenoids onto my brothers gun, and neither one leaks while attached to his strange sft. No leaks down the barrel, or anywhere else. Just the one spot underneath the solenoid.

Old 03-27-2014, 01:45 PM #4
Apollo918
Proud 'Fossil' Owner

Apollo918 plays in the PSP
Apollo918 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Apollo918 supports Team VICIOUS
Apollo918 plays in the APPA D4 division
Are your solenoid inserts aligned correctly.
Old 03-27-2014, 04:50 PM #5
Mr.Dirt

Flush with the edge of the body in the rear. Although I haven't checked the right solenoid insert yet. I'll get to that.