Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-22-2012, 05:49 AM #1
Feebs81

Electric Marker question

So looking to get an e-marker thinking of sticking with spyder I already own a mr100.

I see the vs1 refurb for $60 and found a electra for $65 are these decent guns? Or should I just spend the extra money and get like a Fenix or an Ion?

Last edited by Feebs81 : 12-22-2012 at 06:25 AM.
Feebs81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-22-2012, 07:00 PM #2
acmeman

acmeman is playing at Living Legends VII
acmeman has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
acmeman has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
The Electra is a good gun my boy has a 09. He loves it. You can't go wrong.
Old 12-22-2012, 07:57 PM #3
Jack73hRipper
Team Omen

Jack73hRipper supports Team VICIOUS
Jack73hRipper has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Jack73hRipper has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Jack73hRipper supports DLX Technology
Ion are great entry level markers with a lot of upgrades you can snag one up for around $125.

http://www.pbnation.com/reviews/prod...art_parts_ion/
Jack73hRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 04:38 PM #4
SPYDRMN22
Private Labels Only!

Just remember a Ion has to use compressed air the Fenix doesn't.Co2 is way cheaper and the gun works fine on it.

My PBN Feedback
My AOG Feedback
Old Feedback
SPYDRMN22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 05:30 PM #5
Feebs81

Co2 runs me $6 a fill and when I play at my field it's $15 for all day play and compressed air is free. So in that aspect either gun is fine just a question of which is easier to fix and work on.
Feebs81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 06:53 PM #6
SPYDRMN22
Private Labels Only!

Fenix by far.

My PBN Feedback
My AOG Feedback
Old Feedback
Old 12-25-2012, 09:39 AM #7
Jle0612
Jle0612

Fenix! I have one and its great! Ion only has 1 mode but fenix has 3! The fenix is also lighter.
Jle0612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 01:39 PM #8
theblindchicken
49'er

theblindchicken is an NCPA player
theblindchicken is an NCPA National Champion
theblindchicken plays in the APPA D5 division
The fenix will be easier to work on because it's a much simpler design. The ion will provide more customization, but some upgrades will only be found in used condition. The ion can be very finicky with it's issues and takes more loving than the fenix will. The fenix will most likely need a simple lubricating of the bolt & hammer.

I recommend to use compressed air because, although it may be more expensive due to the tank, it is usually cheaper for the fill expense and provides more consistent shots than CO2. Also, CO2 will degrade your o rings faster, causing leaks and issues, than compressed air.
theblindchicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 02:16 AM #9
SPYDRMN22
Private Labels Only!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theblindchicken View Post
The fenix will be easier to work on because it's a much simpler design. The ion will provide more customization, but some upgrades will only be found in used condition. The ion can be very finicky with it's issues and takes more loving than the fenix will. The fenix will most likely need a simple lubricating of the bolt & hammer.

I recommend to use compressed air because, although it may be more expensive due to the tank, it is usually cheaper for the fill expense and provides more consistent shots than CO2. Also, CO2 will degrade your o rings faster, causing leaks and issues, than compressed air.
All pretty accurate but remember Spyders need like 800 psi to operate right and most compressed air tanks don't come out that high unless specified as a High Output tank,so if you can find one yes it's better for the overall gun and if you can't you will have to crank the velocity screw in a lot to get it to chrono maybe new main spring too.

My PBN Feedback
My AOG Feedback
Old Feedback
Old 12-26-2012, 01:46 PM #10
theblindchicken
49'er

theblindchicken is an NCPA player
theblindchicken is an NCPA National Champion
theblindchicken plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPYDRMN22 View Post
All pretty accurate but remember Spyders need like 800 psi to operate right and most compressed air tanks don't come out that high unless specified as a High Output tank,so if you can find one yes it's better for the overall gun and if you can't you will have to crank the velocity screw in a lot to get it to chrono maybe new main spring too.
Pretty sure that Compressed Air tanks, unless designed to be different, output approximately 800psi.

The Ninja SHP (outputs up to 1100 psi) is designed for tippmann markers.
The Ninja Pro Reg is designed for 450-850psi, so that works on the majority of markers.
The Ninja SLP is designed to output 400psi(?) to achieve larger amounts of cycles to be output by the tank.

Pure Energy Regs, if i remember correctly, outputs ~800psi. There are Low Pressure kits for those regs to bring the output down.

I do not know the output pressure(s) of Crossfire or Empire Regs.

On the other hand, the output pressure of a CO2 tank can vary based upon the conditions of the tank and it's surroundings. Cold tank would result in lower inconsistent output pressures because the liquid CO2 takes longer to vaporize into a gas. And a hot tank would output higher pressures because it's vaporizing faster.
theblindchicken is offline   Reply With Quote