PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-04-2013, 01:46 PM #1
Okuegs

Okuegs has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Okuegs is attending Decay of Nations VI
Want to organize my team

Hey all I'm going back to school here in the spring and would like to organize the team to participate in more tourneys. We spend all our money on practice paint and end up with no money to do tourneys. I know that's a simple fix but what other things can my team do to be successful in the future

KSU Purple

OMG! LOOK! ITS A BEAR!
Okuegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 01:52 PM #2
Okuegs

Okuegs has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Okuegs is attending Decay of Nations VI
Also sorry for the double post but my phone is being gay. We also need tips on organizing an actual practice not just playing three on three in our gym with reball. Here is our schedule now.

Tuesday - conditioning (no one shows up usually)
Thursday - reball in the gym ( everyone shows up)
Sunday - practice outdoors at a field.

I was thinking we could possibly try and work out a deal with a field and do like field maintenance for a deal on paint that way it's affordable. But that being said everyone pitches in for paint and get a team supply.

Also if we get a good car pool and everyone pitches in gas money for the ride to the field.

For conditioning attendance if you don't show you don't get to play reball or you will have to run during the course of practice.

It's difficult since its a club team and everyone pays 15 bucks to join or 70 if they want a jersey.

I just need some ideas to help me out.

Thanks

KSU Purple

OMG! LOOK! ITS A BEAR!
Okuegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 12:53 AM #3
Paper_Cut
Keyboard Warrior

Annual Supporting Member
You can't get conditioning once a week. It's got to be every day or every other day. Also, the conditioning has got to be effective(for example, instead of a long distance jog, you want to do sprints and indian runs).

You should probably also brush up on your leadership skills.
Lastly, you've got to get rid of the weak players. A lot of people join teams thinking "wee, paintball all the time!!" but don't want to put work into it. You've got to get rid of them. Tell them: "you keep missing the conditioning and practice I'll hand you your walking papers."

Are you the team captain or are you just the only guy who seems to really care? You need a team captain, to handle drills, paperwork, and speak for the team; and you need to convince them "you don't work hard, we don't need you." It doesn't have to be negative or an ultimatum, but you've got to make them realize being on a team isn't recball; practice isn't supposed to be fun, it's working towards a goal.

Also, let me go ahead and plug my thread in here, you might want to read it: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3750737
Paper_Cut is online now   Reply With Quote