Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-08-2012, 02:12 AM #380
BenderBR
Drill Baby Drill

Quote:
Originally Posted by imhungry View Post
pretty much this.
I must not be seeing it but I actually know the situation better than anyone. And Kolder, you didn't delete my post history.

"Originally posted by Kellster: Crow takes so good. Om nom nom."

Never miss a good opportunity to shut up.

Texas über alles.
Old 12-08-2012, 02:36 AM #381
Fat_Joe
$OG$

Fat_Joe has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat_Joe has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat_Joe has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat_Joe has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat_Joe has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat_Joe is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
See, this is exactly my issue with peoples perception about CFB. Joe and I have had extensive arguments over this, and while I respect the passion and love that certain schools have, I think its ****ing retarded. You have wild rednecks trying to kill trees, mothers not giving their son who is going to a D1 school (arguably the best program in the country) a ****ing hug on making the biggest decision of his life. It just goes to illustrate the backwards thought process of people who attach themselves to these schools when 90% of them have never set foot inside a classroom.

I think its ****ing stupid for people to act that way, but then again, its sports. Sports bring out the hypocrite in all of us.
Team Aircraft Carrier - Captain
Old 12-08-2012, 02:40 AM #382
Captain A v2.0
Whatevs

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Captain A v2.0 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenderBR View Post
If you really want to compare football programs, be my guest.
I did. I threw out a comparison for you. Let us compare when A&M last won a BCS bowl versus when KU last won a BCS bowl...and if you want to compare programs as a whole over the course of history, go ahead. A&M is slightly better. The fact that you're even in the same realm as Kansas, a basketball school, is hilarious. I congratulate you on your championships 80 years ago or whenever it was and your one Big 12 title.
Old 12-08-2012, 02:50 AM #383
Fuhrer
#YouAlreadyKnow

tamu has 1 big twelve bball title?

LULLLLZ

Purdue > Iowa

FROZEN
Old 12-08-2012, 03:36 AM #384
BenderBR
Drill Baby Drill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat_Joe View Post
See, this is exactly my issue with peoples perception about CFB. Joe and I have had extensive arguments over this, and while I respect the passion and love that certain schools have, I think its ****ing retarded. You have wild rednecks trying to kill trees, mothers not giving their son who is going to a D1 school (arguably the best program in the country) a ****ing hug on making the biggest decision of his life. It just goes to illustrate the backwards thought process of people who attach themselves to these schools when 90% of them have never set foot inside a classroom.

I think its ****ing stupid for people to act that way, but then again, its sports. Sports bring out the hypocrite in all of us.
Its easy to write something off when you have 0 personal experience with it. Sports brings out the __________ in all of us. Hypocrite is just one small part. It can also bring out the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain A v2.0 View Post
I did. I threw out a comparison for you. Let us compare when A&M last won a BCS bowl versus when KU last won a BCS bowl...and if you want to compare programs as a whole over the course of history, go ahead. A&M is slightly better. The fact that you're even in the same realm as Kansas, a basketball school, is hilarious. I congratulate you on your championships 80 years ago or whenever it was and your one Big 12 title.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuhrer View Post
tamu has 1 big twelve bball title?

LULLLLZ

A&M has been in decline since the late 90s. They hired two bad coaches in a row as their last good one fizzled out. Now, we have one that doesn't suck. Its a miracle. If you want to only compare 10 years or so to define a program, be my guest. The 80s and 90s were a lot kinder to A&M and the SWC..but you weren't around then. About to have our first heisman winner since the 50s tomorrow and have double digit wins with a 33 person crootin class coming in. We are going no where but up. You are practicing acting out what it would be like to have a game winning field goal.

Texas über alles.
Old 12-08-2012, 03:58 AM #385
Fat_Joe
$OG$

Fat_Joe has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat_Joe has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat_Joe has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat_Joe has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat_Joe has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat_Joe is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Its easy to write something off when you have 0 personal experience with it. Sports brings out the __________ in all of us. Hypocrite is just one small part. It can also bring out the best.
I have plenty of personal experience with it. Maybe not football, but baseball and basketball. CFB isnt the end all be all of sports.....which is what some people would have us think. This goes back to the arguments you and I have had.....I know what passion is, I'm a Red Sox fan, I know what it feels like to live and die with a team, I've done that with the Broncos my entire life, I know what its like to have my hero come up short in the final moments of the season, as do you, with Davey.

saying 1 sport is worth more than others is wrong. I know you know you better, because I know you personally, and you're my nig. But lets not go down this road again. CFB is cool, we can all dig it. But getting medieval on people who dont see it through the same light as you do doesnt make them ***** ******s (all though I'll agree, most of them are)....it just gives us a different perspective. Which most sports fans (not just football) desperately need.
Team Aircraft Carrier - Captain
Old 12-08-2012, 05:19 AM #386
madgoat
Troll_Extraordinaire

madgoat has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
canadian hockey fans are 100x more passionate than southern mouthbreathers
Old 12-08-2012, 05:38 AM #387
BenderBR
Drill Baby Drill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat_Joe View Post
I have plenty of personal experience with it. Maybe not football, but baseball and basketball. CFB isnt the end all be all of sports.....which is what some people would have us think. This goes back to the arguments you and I have had.....I know what passion is, I'm a Red Sox fan, I know what it feels like to live and die with a team, I've done that with the Broncos my entire life, I know what its like to have my hero come up short in the final moments of the season, as do you, with Davey.

saying 1 sport is worth more than others is wrong. I know you know you better, because I know you personally, and you're my nig. But lets not go down this road again. CFB is cool, we can all dig it. But getting medieval on people who dont see it through the same light as you do doesnt make them ***** ******s (all though I'll agree, most of them are)....it just gives us a different perspective. Which most sports fans (not just football) desperately need.
No you don't. Its not like other sports in this country. There might be others that have similar elements but not the width and depth. To me, this isn't even a comparison of games because its so far beyond that, I don't even think of it that way. For reasons from how much deeper the commitment to a school in a number of ways (generational, education, etc)to football being one of the few sources of pride the south had in the early 20th century to being a largely rural society that would come together for these games each fall. This is a big reason A&M wanted into the SEC so badly. We were surrounded by schools like Kansas and wanted to be around other people who loved football like we did.

The sox are as close as you can get and even then, imagine if each state in your area was just as die hard of fans and each surrounding state had their own team they felt just as strongly about. That once a player became a boston player, that was it and it was for life. And in a lot of these states, there are no other teams. Imagine there are no celtics, there are no pats. There is just the sox. The way europeans feel about grass fairy ball is the only thing that compares to the way college football is treated here and thats straight from the exchange students mouths, not mine.

Now imagine each time and each game had people showing up in the middle of the week to tailgate and the crowds are 90-100K. Sports arent equal. I will never give two ****s about roundball. I dont buy everyone being different and special. Sure, each region has their own "thing" but they dont take to it like we do. I lived in Indiana, the supposed epicenter of basketball country and their love of IU/Purdue and basketball in general wasn't anything like down south and football. Just like in life, theres winners and losers. And the day I take **** from a Kansas fan is the day I shoot myself in the head.

You have a lot to see. This isn't some boston college game where people sit down the whole time and stay quiet. One weekend may not change your mind but live down here for a while and you may start to get it. I don't really care what people think about it, it is what it is. For all the bad **** you see people do, there's much more good that comes from it.

Texas über alles.

Last edited by BenderBR : 12-08-2012 at 05:40 AM.
Old 12-08-2012, 07:11 AM #388
tchs_drummer06
1+1+1=2

Quote:
Originally Posted by imhungry View Post
also, TCHS get your ****ing picks in damnit!
Haven't done that in weeks.
Old 12-08-2012, 08:37 AM #389
Fuhrer
#YouAlreadyKnow

Quote:
No you don't. Its not like other sports in this country. There might be others that have similar elements but not the width and depth. To me, this isn't even a comparison of games because its so far beyond that, I don't even think of it that way. For reasons from how much deeper the commitment to a school in a number of ways (generational, education, etc)to football being one of the few sources of pride the south had in the early 20th century to being a largely rural society that would come together for these games each fall. This is a big reason A&M wanted into the SEC so badly. We were surrounded by schools like Kansas and wanted to be around other people who loved football like we did.

The sox are as close as you can get and even then, imagine if each state in your area was just as die hard of fans and each surrounding state had their own team they felt just as strongly about. That once a player became a boston player, that was it and it was for life. And in a lot of these states, there are no other teams. Imagine there are no celtics, there are no pats. There is just the sox. The way europeans feel about grass fairy ball is the only thing that compares to the way college football is treated here and thats straight from the exchange students mouths, not mine.

Now imagine each time and each game had people showing up in the middle of the week to tailgate and the crowds are 90-100K. Sports arent equal. I will never give two ****s about roundball. I dont buy everyone being different and special. Sure, each region has their own "thing" but they dont take to it like we do. I lived in Indiana, the supposed epicenter of basketball country and their love of IU/Purdue and basketball in general wasn't anything like down south and football. Just like in life, theres winners and losers. And the day I take **** from a Kansas fan is the day I shoot myself in the head.

You have a lot to see. This isn't some boston college game where people sit down the whole time and stay quiet. One weekend may not change your mind but live down here for a while and you may start to get it. I don't really care what people think about it, it is what it is. For all the bad **** you see people do, there's much more good that comes from it.
For however much you think Texas ****ing A&M likes football, I guarantee you schools like Kansas Purdue IU UK(You know, schools with actual tradition) love their basketball much much more.

Purdue > Iowa

FROZEN

Last edited by Fuhrer : 12-08-2012 at 08:40 AM.
Old 12-08-2012, 09:19 AM #390
iTzDoUgiE777
♥Shea Weber♥

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:

24-19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Featherlite 07 View Post
When Alabama lost to A&M their season was...not over?

When Alabama lost to LSU their season was...not over?

When LSU lost twice before losing the national title?

When UF won with one loss?

etc, etc, etc
Or when NYG won the Superb Owl with 7 losses?
Memphis Grizzlies (4-2, 2-1)♥
Nashville Predators (game the hell over)♥
Miami Dolphins (more game over)♥

Last edited by iTzDoUgiE777 : 12-08-2012 at 09:23 AM.
Old 12-08-2012, 09:44 AM #391
imhungry (Banned)
***CHAOS***

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat View Post
canadian hockey fans are 100x more passionate than southern mouthbreathers
holy ****ing **** this. those ****ers are crazy

btw, do you think this lockout is actually going to end? im guessing no

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchs_drummer06 View Post
Haven't done that in weeks.
for the pick'em
Old 12-08-2012, 09:48 AM #392
DMC_OWNER
Much bad. Very wow.

There will be no season...the two sides are too far apart and greed runs rampant ...it's sad really.

The whole thing is a joke.

Originally Posted by NinjaMouse:But as a poster in this thread, all I can say is good ****ing luck to whoever wants to try to knock you off the #1 spot. That will take something epic. It would be the upset of the posting season.
Old 12-08-2012, 09:49 AM #393
tater_salad (Banned)

I've only been to one live hockey game. It was a Tallahassee Tiger Sharks game when I was 8.
Old 12-08-2012, 09:52 AM #394
IoNxRoCkEr
Voice of the Soul

Annual Supporting Member
IoNxRoCkEr is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
IoNxRoCkEr is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by tater_salad
I've only been to one live hockey game. It was a Tallahassee Tiger Sharks game when I was 8.
Hockey is number 3 on sports I enjoy live, it's incredibly boring to watch on tv for me though.
Old 12-08-2012, 09:55 AM #395
tater_salad (Banned)

I was going to try to make it to a few Lightning games this season but I guess that isn't going to happen.
Old 12-08-2012, 10:03 AM #396
DMC_OWNER
Much bad. Very wow.

I love Red Wings games. I went to Columbus last season with a few buddies and there were more Wings fans there than Jackets... There was actually a "Let's go Red Wings chant" throughout... I almost feel bad for their 14 fans...

I'm more passionate about hockey than any other sport. I'll watch whatever game is on tv, and I work at the arena here at OU...

I don't understand why more people don't like it. It's one of the only sports that still promotes players beating the **** out of eachother. Whether it's retaliation, or just because the players are bored.

NHL 24/7 Road to the Winter Classic is an awesome series...I think that's what I'm most pissed about this season not happening. The Wings were going to be featured for it, and now I have to wait another whole year for the WC...

**** sucks...

Originally Posted by NinjaMouse:But as a poster in this thread, all I can say is good ****ing luck to whoever wants to try to knock you off the #1 spot. That will take something epic. It would be the upset of the posting season.
Old 12-08-2012, 10:03 AM #397
mrchuck234
Return of the King

mrchuck234 plays in the PSP
Hockey is ****ing dumb, I'm glad there's no season.
Old 12-08-2012, 10:04 AM #398
iTzDoUgiE777
♥Shea Weber♥

Annual Supporting Member
That's because your "team" is the Blue Jackets...
Memphis Grizzlies (4-2, 2-1)♥
Nashville Predators (game the hell over)♥
Miami Dolphins (more game over)♥
Old 12-08-2012, 10:05 AM #399
tchs_drummer06
1+1+1=2

One hour till kickoff. ESPN at 12 kiddos
Closed Thread