PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-06-2012, 04:10 AM #1
zyxin

G6r bolt

Hi,

Bought a used g6r that came with a tech-t hush bolt. Im thinking of getting the premium pillow bolt. But what differenceses could I expect?

I know about the cost and thats not the issue, just want to know why the other buyers bought it.

Is it the sound signature and the look only? Or that it makes it smoother?

(I apologize if my english are bad, not my language)
MacDev cyborg 06
zyxin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-06-2012, 04:35 AM #2
martix_agent
I'm out of creativity

Annual Supporting Member
martix_agent is playing at Living Legends VII
martix_agent is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
Best I can tell, the average user may be able to lower the LPR a little bit.

People who shoot the premium high end paint that is super brittle were having issues with the stock bolt breaking paint, so BLASt came up with this new bolt
martix_agent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 05:51 AM #3
Mr. Stealthy

Mr. Stealthy owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
With the Hush bolt you will see around a 10 fps increase (generally). This is partially due to the tighter fit of the bolt to the body and partially due to the tighter O-rings included in the kit. The Hush bolt also has a slightly different way of channeling air than the stock bolt and this combined with the venture tend to give it a slightly different sound signature which many consider quieter (I obviously haven't measures it). The FPS increase will let you reduce you HPR a little bit and potentially increase your efficiency.

The Premium Bolt is a little bit heavier. This design allows it to open the valve with less pressure on the lpr and also (I believe) leaves it open just slightly longer as it takes a little more shove to get the bolt to return. The added mass will allow you to drop both your lpr and hpr some. This should allow for a slightly smoother/quieter shot.

Personallly I don't think either bolt is a must have (I also haven't been able to personally test the Premium yet). Each offer some small benefits at a fairly hefty price point.

Last edited by Mr. Stealthy : 12-09-2012 at 08:22 PM.
Mr. Stealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:53 AM #4
zyxin

Thanks for your answers! This helps a lot, I look forward to hear more. Even personal findings would help.
MacDev cyborg 06
zyxin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:08 AM #5
tacxplosion

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...premium+ bolt

No hush bolt in the comparison but you know what you can expect with premium vs other BLAST bolts
tacxplosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:38 PM #6
hawaiianjon

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stealthy View Post
With the Hush bolt you will see around a 10 fps increase. This is partially due to the tighter fit of the bolt to the body and partially due to the tighter O-rings included in the kit. The Hush bolt also has a slightly different way of channeling air than the stock bolt and this combined with the venture tend to give it a slightly different sound signature which many consider quieter (I obviously haven't measures it). The FPS increase will let you reduce you HPR a little bit and potentially increase your efficiency.

The Premium Bolt is a little bit heavier. This design allows it to open the valve with less pressure on the lpr and also (I believe) leaves it open just slightly longer as it takes a little more shove to get the bolt to return. The added mass will allow you to drop both your lpr and hpr some. This should allow for a slightly smoother/quieter shot.

Personallly I don't think either bolt is a must have (I also haven't been able to personally test the Premium yet). Each offer some small benefits at a fairly hefty price point.

I have both bolts, the TechT bolt does not increase FPS it actually decreases FPS by about 15, that is after I changed the orings to the bigger ones that fit tighter. Previously there was about a 30 FPS difference. Not much of a sound signature difference. The premium bolt is better IMO maybe not worth 100 dollars but better than the TECT hush bolt.
hawaiianjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:59 PM #7
gamer565
*****es love cannons!

Annual Supporting Member
gamer565 is playing at Living Legends VI
gamer565 is playing at Living Legends VII
gamer565 posts videos on PbNation
gamer565 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
gamer565 has achieved Level 6 in PbNation Pursuit
gamer565 is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
gamer565 is Boss
You can now get the premium bolt at $75, it just doesn't come with the low profile bolt pin.

gamer565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 06:34 PM #8
LUXEflipYO
buy american.BUY BOB LONG

LUXEflipYO is BST Trusted
LUXEflipYO plays in the PSP
LUXEflipYO supports DLX Technology
Yes but the low profile pin is sexy
UNITED CLOTHING COMPANY
TM PHOTOGRAPHY
LUXEflipYO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 08:13 PM #9
Mr. Stealthy

Mr. Stealthy owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiianjon View Post
I have both bolts, the TechT bolt does not increase FPS it actually decreases FPS by about 15, that is after I changed the orings to the bigger ones that fit tighter. Previously there was about a 30 FPS difference. Not much of a sound signature difference. The premium bolt is better IMO maybe not worth 100 dollars but better than the TECT hush bolt.
The FPS difference with the Hush bolt will vary depending on the tolerances of the top tube. Many of the original G6Rs varied slightly from front half to back half and most G6Rs also vary from one another slightly in terms of the bore of that top tube. If you have a body with a tighter top tube bore, I could see how the Hush bolt could actually decrease velocity. For my G6R this simply wasn't the case.

My G6R is old (purchased about a week or two after release) and my front and rear half internal dimensions also do not match perfectly. For me in my testing I found it increased my FPS with the larger O-rings included in the kit and that those o-rings placed on the stock bolt also increased my fps. YMMV however for me the Hush bolt is a tighter fit both in bolt dimension and then even more so with the larger included O-rings and the combination of both does yield me higher fps. I stand by my statement now as I did with my original Hush bolt review, that the O-rings are above and beyond the larger contributing factor to the fps gain. The tighter O-rings can also negatively effect your shot to shot consistency if your specific G6R doesn't require larger O-rings (hence some testing data by other users). Overall the o-ring size and bolt dimensions on the original stock bolt provide optimum consistency with all G6R bodies which is probably why Bob made them the way they did.

Not to compare the Premium bolt to the Hush bolt but from what I am reading, I tend to tentatively agree with you that the Premium Pillow is probably the better performing bolt (although I haven't gotten to use it yet). I like the fact that the added inertia allows you to run some lower pressures. This could help further improve paint handling which is always a good thing. I will also edit my original post to say "generally" since obviously my experience isn't the case with every user.

Last edited by Mr. Stealthy : 12-09-2012 at 08:22 PM.
Mr. Stealthy is offline   Reply With Quote